diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
34 replies   126219 views

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

BillyMaysed 2186Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
@Zalumon Thanks for the detailed breakdown of areas to avoid! Much appreciated.

OP
@Zalumon Thank you for pointing this out. It seems I was working with an incorrect assumption that mLvl = aLvl. I agree with your notes and will edit my post as soon as possible.

Sorceress Americas PC
@stratigery its nice that other people spend just as much if not more time than we do on diablo 2 so we can get everything fact-checked lol. It really does help everyone a lot though. The comments correcting my guides were the best ones, im a bit OCD and hate making mistakes, the smaller it is the worse i feel :O. lol

@stratigery Hey, thanks for updating! Please note that I just started playing D2 two weeks ago, so don't believe anything I say without double checking.

What I can say is that on my first playthrough, I was thrilled to find a
Crystal Sword
in the Worldstone Keep lvl 2. But when I checked the monster level of the Greater Hell Spawn that dropped it, it was 41 :(. So I didn't dare to use my Lazurk quest to socket it, expecting 6 sockets.

I did however also find a
Broad Sword
in the
Bloody Foothills
. The area level is only level 24, but all monsters are 31 or higher. I was scared to use Lazurk because most guides say item level = area level, but others say item level = monster level, or are generally vague about the specifics.

But I really wanted that Spirit before fighting
Baal
and thought - what the heck - I will put my theory to the test: I used Lazurk and it did indeed give me 4 sockets - happy moment :) And I successfully socketed the runes for Spirit (again double checking the order about a dozen times).

So based on this, I am rather confident that the item level is based on the monster level, and not the area (assuming it was dropped from a monster, and not a chest).

Sorceress Americas PC
Zalumon wrote: 2 years ago
Please note that I just started playing D2 two weeks ago, so don't believe anything I say without double checking.
just started playing and already furiously researching before making decisions and correcting others guides. take my upvotes

@stratigery I checked your updated list and maybe it's worth to simplify.

Warning 1: Somewhere I read that chests can be area level minus 1. Stuff like that makes me think I am not qualified enough to make specific area recommendations.

Warning 2: Don't use chest drops (area level too complicated) or barricaded towers (level 15).

Secret Cow Level
Normal: Safest and recommended place for both swords.

Act 4 Normal:
City of the Damned
for both swords.

Crystal Sword
:
- Most monster drops in Act 5 Normal, but make sure the monster level is not higher than 40: https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/ind ... y_(Normal)

Broad Sword
:
- Any monster drop in Act 5 Normal
- Any monster drop found in Nightmare & Hell

Explanations / Thoughts:
- Starting with Act 5 Normal, all monsters are level 26 or higher (but some area levels are less than 26, and barricaded towers are level 15)
- I don't even know if chests or towers can drop swords
- Help people decide for themselves by pointing them to the monster level list
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
just started playing and already furiously researching before making decisions and correcting others guides. take my upvotes
Thanks 😅 I did start with Diablo I when it came out though. But at that time I did not read a single guide I think.

Sorceress Americas PC
@Zalumon have you seen my New Players Guide? would be interested to know what you think as a new player who does such research. I wanted it to be as inclusive as possible for anything you'd want to know as a new player or links to it.

@BillyMaysed I did, and I liked it very much! Main downside was that I only came across it here in your signature when researching Spirit 😂. Would have been even more useful on day 1. I will gladly provide some feedback.
For anyone interested, here is the socket data: https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/ind ... itle=Sword

Sorceress Americas PC
Zalumon wrote: 2 years ago
For anyone interested, here is the socket data:
@Zalumon Thanks for the link man.

i took your input and stratigery's guide, added a bit of my own and got this:
Guide for Getting Spirit Sword & Shield
-The Spirit (
Tal
+
Thul
+
Amn
) Sword, and Shield, can be extremely effective for any caster class, the sword being the best starting item. It has high FCR, +Mana, +Vitality and x2 to skills among other affixes.
-When trying to use
Larzuk
Socket quest (A5) or
Horadric Cube
you have to use the correct item level of
Crystal Sword
/
Broad Sword
or you'll either get too few sockets or too many. This guide will show you the safe spots to find a sword with 4os or make 4 sockets.

Finding Runes for Spirit:
Tal
&
: Awarded for A5 Quest 2. (free the barbs)
Thul
&
Amn
: Countess (NM)

Cube Recipes:
Ith
=
Tal

Ral
=
Thul

Thul
+ Chip-
Topaz
=
Amn

Finding 4 socket Crystal/Broad Sword Bases:
-Pick up any White & Grey (superior) Crystal/Broad Swords you see in these areas to socket them with
Larzuk
Quest or Cube.
-Use the
Horadric Cube
on White bases only: (
Ral
+
Amn
+
Perfect Amethyst
) (WARNING: has a 50% chance at 4os)

Best Place To Find Both Swords:
Secret Cow Level
(N): Best & Fastest area to farm
City of the Damned
in A4 (N)
Crystal Sword:
1. ^ & Most Mob drops in A5 (N), BUT make sure monster level is not higher than 40: AmazonBasin Mob Info
Broad Sword:
1. Any mob from A5 Normal except
Bloody Foothills
&
Frigid Highlands

2. Any Mob Nightmare through Hell

Finding 4 socket Monarch for Spirit Shield:
-Usable lvl 54, strength required 156
Secret Cow Level
(H): best area to farm
2. Any mob in Hell but only in Hell.
note: for Paladins you can find 4os paladin-only shields that are usable at lvl 25.

Nice guide, unfortunately I didn't read it before. If I remember right I dropped my
Broad Sword
with 4 OS pretty late in Nightmare or Hell Act I. It this isn't possible then I dropped some
Key
gear in Hell Act I and died pretty easily at this time around.

LF
Arachnid Mesh

Shimmering Small Charm
Lion Branded Grand Charm

SC NL PSN

Bnet: please don't

Blessed Hammer
Spammer
Level 92 with The Green
Shako

Lightning Fury
bender
Level 84 with budget gear
Just want to point out that a
Long Sword
also belongs in that category it's capped at 4 sockets so anyone you find in normal cows or later will get 4 sockets from
Larzuk

It has some dex requirement but it's faster base speed makes it a choice for trapsins.

Sorceress Americas PC
w00t, time to finally use this guide. haha :D

if you're lucky enough you can drop a
Crystal Sword
from a boss pack of zombies in the false tombs(normal) that can be Larzuked. thats the earliest a high enough iLvl can drop. not sure about broad/long swords tho

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...