Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
21 replies   525 views

Description

So I finally figured the way to log in to other than Americas region. It turned out to be as simple as unchecking the "keep me logged" checkbox on the battle.net app login screen and selecting a different region upon clicking the gear icon on the right side. So I did and logged in to Europe region, as the site dclone tracker showed "
Terror
is about to be unleashed upon Sanctuary." However, when I created my game and checked the dclone status, it was showing "
Terror
spreads across Sanctuary." I left the game open and got away from the computer for a couple of hours. When I got back and check the dclone status in Europe on the site, it was showing "
Terror
gazes upon Sanctuary." I checked the status in my running game, and it was still showing "
Terror
spreads across Sanctuary." Regardless, I decided to see if dclone popped up in
Stony Field
of Act I. No dclone was found there. I closed the game and checked the region I logged into, and it was Europe nevertheless. What am I missing here?

Can be used to make Runewords:

So I finally figured the way to log in to other than Americas region. It turned out to be as simple as unchecking the "keep me logged" checkbox on the battle.net app login screen and selecting a different region upon clicking the gear icon on the right side. So I did and logged in to Europe region, as the site dclone tracker showed "
Terror
is about to be unleashed upon Sanctuary." However, when I created my game and checked the dclone status, it was showing "
Terror
spreads across Sanctuary." I left the game open and got away from the computer for a couple of hours. When I got back and check the dclone status in Europe on the site, it was showing "
Terror
gazes upon Sanctuary." I checked the status in my running game, and it was still showing "
Terror
spreads across Sanctuary." Regardless, I decided to see if dclone popped up in
Stony Field
of Act I. No dclone was found there. I closed the game and checked the region I logged into, and it was Europe nevertheless. What am I missing here?
The game was public and password free?
Maybe someone entered the game while you were away and killed DClone.

Necrarch 1706Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Ladder or non ladder ? Both are separate for clones, any chance you looked at the wrong tracter ? NL walked between 8 and 9pm CET after having been at 5/6 most of the day.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3249Moderator

PC
Just a few possibilities/things to keep in mind:

1) Trackers aren't always 100% accurate as they rely on accurate and timely input. There may not have been a walk where/when you expected it.

2) The DC status check and progress messaging is rather broken. Has been since the day they implemented it. You may well see no status update messages in your game, despite the status having progressed to the next stage. You may also get incorrect results from using the manual command in-game, effectively having the game flat out lie to you. Generally though, this is specific to the status you are being told, not the actual status so if a walk happened while your game was open, you will still find dclone in your game, even if the status message is still incorrect/unchanged.

3) Make sure region, game mode (HC/SC, L/NL) and difficulty are all correct.

4) Once the walk is triggered, DClone will replace the first previously not yet activated super unique you activate (read: get within a couple screens of) after the walk triggers. If you however went to say
Rakanishu
before the spawn, went "ok, didn't spawn yet, back to town and wait" without killing him, even after a walk is triggered it will still be
Rakanishu
because he was already encountered/activated before the walk. You'd then hence have to go somewhere else and find a super unique you haven't previously activated. That's why the best way to afk-wait for DClone is to simply make a fresh game, not go anywhere and just sit in town until you know the walk was triggered. Then proceed directly to the super unique you want to replace via the shortest path possible (so as to avoid other super uniques along the way).

5) DClone will only spawn in games with players in them. Making a game before a walk, then leaving it, the walk then being triggered and then rejoining the same game (which had 0 players in it as the walk triggered because you left beforehand) will result in dclone not spawning in that game even though the game was created in time. Someone has to be in there as the walk triggers.

6) Keep games private and with list join disabled (or set yourself to show as offline) so noone else comes in to steal your clone. Especially important when you afk and will hence have a delayed reaction to the walk.

I'm sure there was more but I'm tired so that'll have to do for now. :P

mhlg 898

Americas PC
As long as you've held the same game and no one entered and took the kill, Dclone will still be in the game. Dclone will always take the place of a super-unique such as Bishbosh in Act 1. If for some reason you were farming the area and killed Bishbosh before 6/6, then Dclone will spawn in place of another super-unique somewhere else and you will have to choose the location. You can choose your super-unique based on the act (1-5) and what is most convenient for your build. A popular location for many is the
Frigid Highlands
because Dclone spawns near the waypoint in place of Eldritch.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
OP
Florian_G wrote: 1 month ago
The game was public and password free?
Maybe someone entered the game while you were away and killed DClone.
Nope, the game was not public, and it was password protected.
OP
Necrarch wrote: 1 month ago
Ladder or non ladder ? Both are separate for clones, any chance you looked at the wrong tracter ? NL walked between 8 and 9pm CET after having been at 5/6 most of the day.
Non-ladder. I am certain I hit the right timeframe, as I did see a note on the dclone tracker thread when I got back to my game.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 month ago
Just a few possibilities/things to keep in mind:

I'm sure there was more but I'm tired so that'll have to do for now. :P
1) - I am aware of the tracker's unreliable nature.
2) - I have previously experienced that in Americas region the dclone status never progressed beyond "
Terror
spreads across Sanctuary." At some point it had been fixed, as I've seen progressing through all 6 stages after that.
3) - These don't change, as I haven't played D2R on ladder and/or HC in any combination, so I filtered my tracking page respectively.
4),5) - That's what I had at the time - a fresh game I left running.
6) - My games are all private and password protected unless it's a trade game (not the one in question) when I allow just one more player to join only, as I don't appreciate crowded games.

Thank you for your time and effort. Based on the timestamp in the last message for post3701533.html#p3701533 thread I am certain that my game was running as explained above, so there should be no reason for a hiccup.
i believe that if you have been out of town before he spawned, he could be in any of the zones you previously have been out in except if there is no superuniques in that zone or he was already 'activated' spawned by you being close to that area, always a good idea to check
Den of Evil
if you were in act 1.

i did get Dclone few hours back in europe NL SC so he did spawn here and America is now on 5/6.

btw you said gear icon, its the world icon for me to change region to play in, just above the gear icon in the launcher, very close to the play button.
bigbikefan wrote: 1 month ago
It turned out to be as simple as unchecking the "keep me logged" checkbox on the battle.net app login screen and selecting a different region upon clicking the gear icon on the right side
You changed the Battle.net app server, not D2R.

To change D2R server you have to clic the world icon bottom left of the launcher like @Illusions said :
OP
Illusions wrote: 1 month ago
i believe that if you have been out of town before he spawned, he could be in any of the zones you previously have been out in except if there is no superuniques in that zone or he was already 'activated' spawned by you being close to that area, always a good idea to check
Den of Evil
if you were in act 1.

i did get Dclone few hours back in europe NL SC so he did spawn here and America is now on 5/6.

btw you said gear icon, its the world icon for me to change region to play in, just above the gear icon in the launcher, very close to the play button.
I don't have a world icon, but when I click the gear one, the drop down selection gives me a chance to change the region. I changed to Asia region since the status was at "
Terror
spreads across Sanctuary." there. Got no messages on the dclone walk, and I've had lots of opportunities to meet and greet him there while playing. Just got back to the American region, and it does indeed show "
Terror
is about to be unleashed upon Sanctuary." Thanks for the hint. After running a bulk anni identification yesterday, I'm short on unid annis now :)
OP
Sephi9 wrote: 1 month ago
bigbikefan wrote: 1 month ago
It turned out to be as simple as unchecking the "keep me logged" checkbox on the battle.net app login screen and selecting a different region upon clicking the gear icon on the right side
You changed the Battle.net app server, not D2R.

To change D2R server you have to clic the world icon bottom left of the launcher like @Illusions said :
image.png
I don't have this icon showing at all. I haven't had it for months (6+).
This doesn't appear just above your "play" button (bottom left) in the d2r launcher ? Maybe try to reinstall battle.net launcher...?
OP
Sephi9 wrote: 1 month ago
This doesn't appear just above your "play" button (bottom left) in the d2r launcher ?
image.png
Maybe try to reinstall battle.net launcher...?
Nope.
I've uninstalled and re-installed the app, and now it looks like this.
I remember it used to look that way before, but it's been awhile since I saw that before now.
If you log in and it reports an earlier state than the tracker posted, then it means that (assuming the tracker was updated in good faith) then DClone spawned between the time of that report's check, and when you actually made the game: you missed its spawning.

The actual trigger you need to see in-game is the message "Diablo has invaded Sanctuary!", which upon its occurrence will be coupled with a big screen shake
(similar to Diablo's spawning in The
Chaos Sanctuary
) that will occur wherever you are in-game.

While referred to as the "6/6"state, this message cannot ever be returned when using the /uberdiablo command: it will always go from "Terror is about to be unleashed upon Sanctuary.", to immediately drop back to "Terror gazes upon Sanctuary." Hence the only absolutely certain indicator that you've had a DClone spawn in your game is if you see that message. This message will persist in your message log, so if you AFK'd, make sure to go and scroll back through it.[/nolink]

That is often the most common trip-up I've seen: it's very easy to miss a DClone spawn because you just weren't logged in. (especially in the Asia region, where at least half the time the span between 5/6 and spawning to go back to 1/6 can be measured in seconds) After that, there's the bit others have mentioned: you can sign into Battle.net on a different region, but this won't change your D2R gateway. I've always been able to change the latter by clicking the globe icon next to "play" on D2R's page in the launcher, in the lower left corner of the page. (not to be confused with the "favorites" bar icons at the top!)

As best I know that globe icon (as others have shown it) has always been there. Had to use it for months when trading with folk in other regions that didn't know how to change their region and refused to learn how.
OP
ACGIFT wrote: 1 month ago
As best I know that globe icon (as others have shown it) has always been there. Had to use it for months when trading with folk in other regions that didn't know how to change their region and refused to learn how.
I'm very well aware of all of that. However, my battle.net app UI clearly looked different from what I've got after re-install. I can't comment on that as I am not the one who developed it. As it's be explained before I didn't change the region for the game specifically, but I did for the app, which had no bearing on the game settings. Well, I'm gonna see how long that version of the app UI is going to last for me. I have no idea why it changed at some point, and I don't see a reason for not happening this again.

TheDoo 265

Europe PC
Tell us if that fixed it for you. Also sometimes launcher UI seems to put you on general "Blizzard news" home tab by default and you only see (for example D2R) in your 'recently played' tab). I was confused for a few times like that but you can pass this simply by clicking the tab where the D2R icon (or any other game) is (or find it via library/favorites) and it will redirect you to that page where you have "play" and "regions" at the bottom with version and D2R-related stuff (otherwise I think if you click on the recently played tab it will just auto-launch the game immediately). :)

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."

ShadowHeart 1938Moderator

Europe PC
So what's already been alluded to here, there are two region settings - one for the launcher itself, and one for D2R. They are separate, and the only one that matters for dclone is the one for D2R, not the launcher one.

The launcher's region is set via the gear icon on the launcher login screen: And D2R's region is set via the globe near the "Play" button; What's important to note is that if you change the region for the launcher (with the gear icon on the launcher's login screen), the game's region selection will still default to the last region you launched D2R on. So in my case I had last played D2R on EU, I just logged out my launcher, changed launcher region to NA, then logged in again - and D2R's region still defaulted to EU as that was the last region I played on.

As far as I know, it's not really useful most of the time to be able to change the launcher's region, but there's at least one possible use case for it - one day a few ladder seasons ago, I couldn't get into Asia games, I couldn't create/join games at all on Asia, it would just fail. It was a temporary issue (just that one day). By switching the launcher's region to Asia I could create/join games on Asia without issue. The launcher itself was extremely slow (took forever to load friends list) when the launcher was started on Asia, but at least I could create/join games. It was someone who gave me that tip to try, that was the first time I even noticed the launcher's region setting lol.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Necrarch 1706Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
These days, Asia NL SC walks between 1 and 4 times a day in average. If your connection with Asia is good enough you'll quickly forget this missed one - just leave the game on when you can or when going out and you'll probably get a DClone waiting for you quite often.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
I thank all who responded for replies and suggestions. The culprit clearly was in the battle.net UI difference that had not been displaying the globe icon at all for me. Instead the page was full of ads for other games. Today it again looks the same as before uninstalling the app yesterday: there is no globe icon to be found anywhere on the page.
However, once I removed D2R game from the Last Played listing and clicked the game icon under Favorites again, the globe icon showed up.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation