Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   2168 views

Description

I'm sure you are all excited for the community aspect, but to add on and be specific, what about those old favorites like the trading channels and Barbarian Village and so on?

I used to spend a good deal of time making custom color-coded ads in the trade channels for bartering before CC-Comp and JSP took over. And I remember back when you could have Orange Executioner swords (not gold or yellow) that would make you stand out amongst the other sprites in the channels.

I'm excited at the prospect of seeing the community come back in these regards. Anyone else!?!

Can be used to make Runewords:

I'm sure you are all excited for the community aspect, but to add on and be specific, what about those old favorites like the trading channels and Barbarian Village and so on?

I used to spend a good deal of time making custom color-coded ads in the trade channels for bartering before CC-Comp and JSP took over. And I remember back when you could have Orange Executioner swords (not gold or yellow) that would make you stand out amongst the other sprites in the channels.

I'm excited at the prospect of seeing the community come back in these regards. Anyone else!?!
Im excited to experience it finally hah.

So be excited for new blood to :) I just played the game never got to much into the community as a kid.

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Has anyone got screenshots of these old channels?

Definitely, the fact the whole community will be revitalized for a while will be amazing.

I really hope they do insert the clan features at some point into the game. That would make the whole experience even more communal.
OP
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Unfortunately any screenshots I used to keep died on my old computer 5 or 6 years ago. There are some screenshots of the interface on Google images, but that doesn't do it justice. I'll ask around and see if some friends have some old pictures. Might be cool to upload some here for a reference for people :)
Junglegoose wrote: 2 years ago

So excited for this. Really hoping for just a more modern take but similar functionality. I was right there with you dressing up my trade channel messages. I also spent an embarrassing amount of time in private clan channels with the moderator bots that could run trivia games haha. Man, what good time. Diablo 2 is my most played game by a mile, but if Diablo 2 chat channels counted as a game, they might be in 2nd place in time spent playing.
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Google Image search gets you some decent examples. Found one of an actual channel list, but not English. You can still get the idea. Found another one of a private channel that has what looks like a moderator bot setup.

Tavron 132

Paladin Europe PC
Fellowship wrote: 2 years ago
Definitely, the fact the whole community will be revitalized for a while will be amazing.

I really hope they do insert the clan features at some point into the game. That would make the whole experience even more communal.
It really would be fun if they added the clan feature at some point!

"Seven Evils spawned of seven heads. Seven realms birthed from Death."

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I'm just looking forward to clicking the chat gem for 45 minutes until it turns purple

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
I just realized what this thread was talking about SMH. When/why did they remove chat channels?

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...