Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   387 views

Description

Hello!

I am thinking of buying D2 resurrected however I have one problem... I need to almost always play without having my laptop plugged in and I do not have the best battery life. Any 3d graphics game will drain my battery extremely quickly however games like the first Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition works very well! Baldur's Gate for example drains my battery less than when I am surfing the web and I can play for hours.
However, even games with horrible graphics like the Old School Runescape will completely drain my battery very quickly.
So my question is how much 3D graphics are there in the remastered Diablo 2? Should I buy it or should I buy the oldschool version?

Thankful for help!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello!

I am thinking of buying D2 resurrected however I have one problem... I need to almost always play without having my laptop plugged in and I do not have the best battery life. Any 3d graphics game will drain my battery extremely quickly however games like the first Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition works very well! Baldur's Gate for example drains my battery less than when I am surfing the web and I can play for hours.
However, even games with horrible graphics like the Old School Runescape will completely drain my battery very quickly.
So my question is how much 3D graphics are there in the remastered Diablo 2? Should I buy it or should I buy the oldschool version?

Thankful for help!
D2R is way more demanding than the old Diablo 2. I'd say if Runescape will drain your battery quickly, D2R will even more.

But there is a hotkey for switching to the old D2 graphics.

I guess the battery of your laptop can't be swapped?

ElSolDolLol

For low items I also accept: Perfect Amys,
Ral
Hel
, Tokens, Keys. Please don't offer runes lower than
Pul
(with the named exceptions).

NO PM OFFERS PLEASE! BE FAIR AND WRITE INTO THE THREAD :)
I'd give it 1.5-2 hrs, tops.

Either way, D2R would still be the better investment, imo.
OP
DasNarf wrote: 19 hours ago
D2R is way more demanding than the old Diablo 2. I'd say if Runescape will drain your battery quickly, D2R will even more.

But there is a hotkey for switching to the old D2 graphics.

I guess the battery of your laptop can't be swapped?

You are correct I can not switch battery on my laptop.
Thank you for your answer. I think i'll stick with the old school version. Does the old school version still have an active multiplayer? Or is it dead?
OP
TheGreebler wrote: 11 hours ago
I'd give it 1.5-2 hrs, tops.

Either way, D2R would still be the better investment, imo.
I doubt I get 1,5-2 hours though. When I say my battery drains fast with 3D games, I really mean fast. There is no chance it would last that long.
Thank you for your answer!

Necrarch 1989Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Today, going to old D2 is a bit sad. The game quality overall on the new version is really better and while not perfect brings quite a lot of new stuff you'll miss on old version - and old version is pretty empty of players too.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash, my crafts and my many cheap
Annihilus
OP
Necrarch wrote: 9 hours ago
Today, going to old D2 is a bit sad. The game quality overall on the new version is really better and while not perfect brings quite a lot of new stuff you'll miss on old version - and old version is pretty empty of players too.
You can apparently press a button and switch to old graphics?. When doing this does the game really look exactly like the old school version? I think this might be a solution. I can only play games with pre rendered graphics/backgrounds. Any 3D will not work at all.
If old (i.e. not battery draining) graphics is a must for OP, consider playing one of the multiplayer mods, such as Path of Diablo or Project Diablo II. They run on legacy D2, but have some QoL features implemented that the unmodded version is lacking (but otherwise are fairly close to the original). And they still receive updated!
OP
Trang Oul wrote: 7 hours ago
If old (i.e. not battery draining) graphics is a must for OP, consider playing one of the multiplayer mods, such as Path of Diablo or Project Diablo II. They run on legacy D2, but have some QoL features implemented that the unmodded version is lacking (but otherwise are fairly close to the original). And they still receive updated!
Ok I will look into it! Thanks!
Consider checking out the mods "TinyMod" and/or d2r-nohd.

In-game name: Irithiel
OP
Naisu wrote: 7 hours ago
Consider checking out the mods "TinyMod" and/or d2r-nohd.
I must ask, do you think the old graphics mode in the remastered D2 will work for me? I would still prefer to play the new version. However I will buy the old one if thats my only option.

d2jsp 90

PC
The first thing you need to understand is how old your laptop is. After the public beta, D2R no longer works on video cards that do not support DX12 at the driver level. So write here the characteristics of the laptop.

Good day to you partner!
I'm Saul Goodman and I can already tell that I'll be your best friend in this forsaken camp. 🏴‍☠️
There's no reason to run this game at 100FPS+

I can set the frames in my Nvidia control panel to 50 frames and that reduces the load on my PC with zero negative impact to the experience.
OP
d2jsp wrote: 2 hours ago
The first thing you need to understand is how old your laptop is. After the public beta, D2R no longer works on video cards that do not support DX12 at the driver level. So write here the characteristics of the laptop.
Oh that might be a problem. I have an Asus Vivobook S14 that was bought back in 2021 or so. This laptop does not have a GPU only an integrated graphics chip.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation