Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   515 views

MIST Bow Stygian Doll Hunting (or adventures in stupid)

No data yet

Description

Having a bit of free time and feeling a little bored I got to thinking about what I might be able to do with my Ladder 3 Mist Bow. So I figured why not do a couple of runs just for the hell of it, and then go Stygian Doll hunting in the Durance, because as you know nothing makes more sense than hunting Stygian Dolls in the Durance with a strafezon. I swapped my crafted 20 IAS mits for Dracs and my Highlord’s for
Atma
’s.

To test things out I ran
Baal
, Diablo,
Andariel
, and
Duriel
without even coming close to dying, so now it was time to go kill Stygians and then drop
Mephisto
for the finale. The first wave of Stygians I hit proc’d
Life Tap
(unexpected). Most of the stygians I killed from a distance but the second wave took my life down to a sliver, but still no Death. I was hit two more times and survived both before completely clearing Durance lvl 2, and on to lvl 3 which was surprisingly effortless.

I still haven’t figured out what to do with my Mist, which in my view is an underrated bow. Any suggestions?

Can be used to make Runewords:

mhlg 1170

Americas PC
Having a bit of free time and feeling a little bored I got to thinking about what I might be able to do with my Ladder 3 Mist Bow. So I figured why not do a couple of runs just for the hell of it, and then go Stygian Doll hunting in the Durance, because as you know nothing makes more sense than hunting Stygian Dolls in the Durance with a strafezon. I swapped my crafted 20 IAS mits for Dracs and my Highlord’s for
Atma
’s.

To test things out I ran
Baal
, Diablo,
Andariel
, and
Duriel
without even coming close to dying, so now it was time to go kill Stygians and then drop
Mephisto
for the finale. The first wave of Stygians I hit proc’d
Life Tap
(unexpected). Most of the stygians I killed from a distance but the second wave took my life down to a sliver, but still no Death. I was hit two more times and survived both before completely clearing Durance lvl 2, and on to lvl 3 which was surprisingly effortless.

I still haven’t figured out what to do with my Mist, which in my view is an underrated bow. Any suggestions?

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet, I'm in EST time zone (E Coast U.S)
Cool ranged summon druid or necro. Run it with might and
Wisp Projector
wolverine Spirit. Obedience or upped
Kelpie Snare
and gface on merc so he owns everything.
OP

mhlg 1170

Americas PC
Interesting thought, I'm not a big necro fan.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet, I'm in EST time zone (E Coast U.S)
Put it on a rogue merc with Hustle or Treachery.

Combine this with a
Demon Machine
Enchantress +
Razortail
for double railgunning.

Add Delirium to the rogue for disco dancing monsters.

Or respecc the zon to dual elemental build, you can save all points to
Pierce
and no need for a razor.

For using
Strafe
, I would prefer a
Matriarchal Bow

ElSolDolLol

For low items I also accept: Perfect Amys,
Ral
Hel
, Tokens, Keys. Please don't offer runes lower than
Pul
(with the named exceptions).

NO PM OFFERS PLEASE! BE FAIR AND WRITE INTO THE THREAD :)
my second fav bow!

merc w. Hustle Mist Delirium +1

Frenzy
/ww barb, hammerdin? , summon druid?
OP

mhlg 1170

Americas PC
DasNarf wrote: 2 days ago
Put it on a rogue merc with Hustle or Treachery.

Combine this with a
Demon Machine
Enchantress +
Razortail
for double railgunning.

Add Delirium to the rogue for disco dancing monsters.

Or respecc the zon to dual elemental build, you can save all points to
Pierce
and no need for a razor.

For using
Strafe
, I would prefer a
Matriarchal Bow
The build above is from ladder season 3 and is now used as a mule. On my primary strafezon build I use a Faith with a
Windforce
on swap.

I also have one Mist bow and wonder if it would be a good build if I combine it with act 2 Might merc with Hustle armor and weapon.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
basicnecromancy wrote: 1 day ago
I also have one Mist bow and wonder if it would be a good build if I combine it with act 2 Might merc with Hustle armor and weapon.
Mist IS a very good bow, and quite cheap as well. Not the best one in damage numbers, but absolutely capable of doing Hell difficulty. I'm using one on my
Strafe
-Frostmaiden-Hybrid build. I like this bow a lot.

+6 to bowskills, 100%
Pierce
, huge resists and freeze are very useful and unique abilities that allow for unconventional build ideas.

Any build with this bow will work well, and it's certainly the best bow you can put on a rogue merc IF you don't need
Fanaticism
. I'm using these for my Poisonmancer and my Summon Druid.

ElSolDolLol

For low items I also accept: Perfect Amys,
Ral
Hel
, Tokens, Keys. Please don't offer runes lower than
Pul
(with the named exceptions).

NO PM OFFERS PLEASE! BE FAIR AND WRITE INTO THE THREAD :)
DasNarf wrote: 1 day ago
basicnecromancy wrote: 1 day ago
Mist IS a very good bow, and quite cheap as well. Not the best one in damage numbers, but absolutely capable of doing Hell difficulty. I'm using one on my
Strafe
-Frostmaiden-Hybrid build. I like this bow a lot.

+6 to bowskills, 100%
Pierce
, huge resists and freeze are very useful and unique abilities that allow for unconventional build ideas.

Any build with this bow will work well, and it's certainly the best bow you can put on a rogue merc IF you don't need
Fanaticism
. I'm using these for my Poisonmancer and my Summon Druid.
I use Mist for the same build -
Strafe
/
Freezing Arrow
hybrid. It puts in good work. I play on Switch, though, so I don't have access to anything higher than /p4

All trades are Switch only :)

Active most nights on Switch (Friend Code: 8500-1494-0819) from 0200-0500 UTC+00:00

Thank you 2.4 for making all of my wildest dreams come true!
Mist remains the primary weapon on my
Strafe
bowazon as well as on the
Frenzy
barb's rogue hireling. Sometimes I put on Faith or even Ice (all the same base as yours), but usually not for long. I find the TZ Worldstone level 3 dolls to be the nastiest. The Pit and the Durance of Hate ones may get comparable due to limited space and lower visibility. Narrow paths may get beneficial, however, when using
Valkyrie
(sometimes, when I am not lazy, I pre-buff one with Peace armor in a safe area) to block the way. Then it's a piece of cake, as Mist's 100%
Pierce
is a killer.

Addendum: A 20% IAS knockback xx+ dexterity
Hit Power Gloves
may make one's life much satisfying.
OP

mhlg 1170

Americas PC
bigbikefan wrote: 1 day ago
Mist remains the primary weapon on my
Strafe
bowazon as well as on the
Frenzy
barb's rogue hireling. Sometimes I put on Faith or even Ice (all the same base as yours), but usually not for long. I find the TZ Worldstone level 3 dolls to be the nastiest. The Pit and the Durance of Hate ones may get comparable due to limited space and lower visibility. Narrow paths may get beneficial, however, when using
Valkyrie
(sometimes, when I am not lazy, I pre-buff one with Peace armor in a safe area) to block the way. Then it's a piece of cake, as Mist's 100%
Pierce
is a killer.

Addendum: A 20% IAS knockback xx+ dexterity
Hit Power Gloves
may make one's life much satisfying.
When it comes to dolls I sum it up like this. The ones that most closely resemble Christmas Tree ornaments are the deadliest, but that's often true of any D2r mobs. The TZ WSK dolls are usually red while the ones in Durance are usually a dirty White, but there are also some nicely colored ones in various shades of pastel blue and green which would look great on any tree. The only problem with TZ WSK doll hunting is that there aren't that many while durance is completely carpeted with them. :D

I used it for my fire bowa. It was great!
I farmed mainly the swampy pits, many many dolls.
The conc aura and damage buff enhances your leech which such impactful QoL. The resists are so rare on a bow and certainly help, and frees other slots for damage (use 3 facet head piece instead of flickering). And no need for
Pierce
or
Razortail
Had great fun with it.
Wanna try again with hoj bow.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...