Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
2 replies   160 views

Game type: Online / Offline / Ladder / Non-Ladder / Hardcore

No data yet

Description

Hi there,

can someone help me to understand advantages and disadvantages of different game types? Here is how I understand each of the game types available in the game.

Online vs Offline

1) Possible to play with other players or friends.
2) Possible to trade items between other players
3) impossible to increase monster numbers as it is possible in offline mode. You need to have other players join your game.
4) If Blizzard servers are having performance issues, your game will be affected by that.
5) Maximum number of characters as to my testing is 24

1) Possible to play solo only
2) Possible to increase the monsters difficulty as if you were playing with other players (up to 8)
3) Not dependent on internet connection nor Blizzard's servers
4) How many characters can be created in this mode?
5) Do you have a shared stash in offline mode?

Ladder vs Non-Ladder

Ladder
1) Must have an online character?
2) It's like every time a new season starts has it's start time and end time
3) There are more runewords available in this mode, but why? Are there also more items?
4) You lose your characters when the season ends but you can transfer these to non-ladder characters with items
5) Does it mean that the 24-character
Cap
can be extended in that use case by transferring the ladder character to a non-ladder??

Non-ladder
1) Regular game type with limited runewords, why they are limited?

Hardcore
This one is the most interesting and I wonder if there are any differences in hardcore compared to other game types? Are drop rates increased in that mode? Is there any reward at the end of hardcore-like titles for your characters?

I will much appreciate if someone could bring more details based on their experience.
Thanks!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi there,

can someone help me to understand advantages and disadvantages of different game types? Here is how I understand each of the game types available in the game.

Online vs Offline

1) Possible to play with other players or friends.
2) Possible to trade items between other players
3) impossible to increase monster numbers as it is possible in offline mode. You need to have other players join your game.
4) If Blizzard servers are having performance issues, your game will be affected by that.
5) Maximum number of characters as to my testing is 24

1) Possible to play solo only
2) Possible to increase the monsters difficulty as if you were playing with other players (up to 8)
3) Not dependent on internet connection nor Blizzard's servers

Ladder vs Non-Ladder

Ladder
3) There are more runewords available in this mode, but why? Are there also more items?
4) You lose your characters when the season ends but you can transfer these to non-ladder characters with items
Cap
can be extended in that use case by transferring the ladder character to a non-ladder??

Non-ladder
1) Regular game type with limited runewords, why they are limited?

Hardcore
This one is the most interesting and I wonder if there are any differences in hardcore compared to other game types? Are drop rates increased in that mode? Is there any reward at the end of hardcore-like titles for your characters?

I will much appreciate if someone could bring more details based on their experience.
Thanks!
Non-Ladder
Ahlen wrote: 1 week ago
If you got enough RAM, Money for additional Accounts and know what a VM is, you can bring more of your own characters to the game. aka "Multiboxing". Legallity of this practice is under dispute.

As much as you have space on hard disk, as you can switch character files around. Still don't know if game has a limitation for how much of them are shown
yes

Ladder vs Non-Ladder

Ladder
Ladder is online only

There is know known fixed duration after which a season ends
Some Runewords are ladder and Offline only. You got the same items
Your char becomes non-ladder and you have one season to transfer the items of your shared stash
Cap
No.

Hardcore
There is no reward except another gameplay and different titles after beating
Baal
. Character names are shown in red. Droprates are the same. Would only play HC if the following applies, tho:
  • Your internet connection is stable
  • Blizzard servers are stable (not the case if a clonewalk is announced, fior example)
  • Your personal situation allows it. Being disturbed by your relatives while playing is the cause of many deaths and shattered relationships
  • You know how to avoid PK (Player Killer) and identify dangerous situations
  • You know how to build and equip your character. Recommend equipment in HC is different than in SC

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service. If u get item otherwise, retract ur pending offer. Edit ur post or post "retracted" to do so.
in lod i was offline, but sooner or later i would break out hero editor...

so if u are like me (cant resist temptation), another reason for online!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...