Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   789 views

Description

From what I understand by observing trading is that, as far as trading value concerns:

Green > Yellow > Red > Blue

I understand that it would take quite alot more time to farm Green Essence than the rest. But why Yellow worth more than Red and Blue?

Is it because people just love to farm Diablo more, and in turn end up with excessive amount of Red?

But drop rate wise, it seems that Red is harder to get than Yellow if I am not mistaken.

So I am bit puzzled.

Can be used to make Runewords:

From what I understand by observing trading is that, as far as trading value concerns:

I understand that it would take quite alot more time to farm Green Essence than the rest. But why Yellow worth more than Red and Blue?

Is it because people just love to farm Diablo more, and in turn end up with excessive amount of Red?

But drop rate wise, it seems that Red is harder to get than Yellow if I am not mistaken.

So I am bit puzzled.

Non-Ladder, Softcore. You may trade with me with any
Ist
Hel
or Gem combination by rates below.
Ist
= 5
Hel
& 1
Hel
= 6
Perfect Gems
seansixsixsix wrote: 1 week ago

Actually it is:
Green > Yellow > Blue > Red

Farming greens takes the most time because of waves. Diablo + Andi are often farmed so the market is full of them.
So you should farm yellows. They are fast to get and have good value.

Timezone GMT +2

I buy your
Hel
runes and
Token of Absolution
. Check my WTB stash! Also have some free stuff available.
OP
dejavue wrote: 1 week ago
Green > Yellow > Blue > Red
Yeah, the reason why I am puzzled is that I saw your comment earlier in one of your trading post stating that yellow and green are the expensive ones 😄

I guess people just farm Diablo and Andy more then. Thanks.

Ist
Hel
Ist
= 5
Hel
& 1
Hel
= 6
Perfect Gems
Hehe, glad that someone reads my trading posts. Maybe there is also another point to consider.
Chaos Sanctuary
is the only location of the four which is not random. So if you have a fast tele char you can get the essences quickly with some luck.

Timezone GMT +2

I buy your
Hel
runes and
Token of Absolution

Necrarch 1980Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
hmmm, on my side, I even thought that it was yellow > green.

Blue is the cheapest because TZ Andy is an excellent loot dropper, and you have two chances to get blue with her and
Duriel

Red is rather cheap because
Chaos Sanctuary
, TZ or not, is such a great zone to farm. Lots of monsters, fixed map...

Green is the longest to farm, but for the guys going for XP gain,
Baal
is the best, so there are some supplies.

Yellow is... annoying. After Durance level 2 which is the biggest dungeon level of the whole game, filled with Dolls, and
Mephisto
is not known to drop as good stuff as Diablo or
Baal
. To sum up, long to farm and low other loot -> Fewer people get some -> it's more expensive.

Side note : for having farmed a bit those, I feel that the drop rates of yellow and green are really lower than red and blue, but have no mathematical proof of this. I think I have never EVER dropped a yellow myself.

If anyone knows for that part ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash, my crafts and my many cheap
Annihilus
As far as I know, the droprate for green, yellow and red is the same. Blue is slightly better.

But for what it´s worth: Two weeks ago I did ca. 60 Meph runs and did not get a single essence. Last week I casually farmed CS (single player) and got 3 essences in one single kill 😲😉

RNG at its best 😁

After a 20 year break from D2 I started playing D2R in 2024 with my sons (9 and 10 years old)
Time Zone: UTC/GMT +1/+2 (Germany)
Online workdays: casually from 19:00-21:00
Online weekends: casually midday to evening
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
oOKIWIOo wrote: 1 week ago
As far as I know, the droprate for green, yellow and red is the same. Blue is slightly better.
Yep, here are the drop rates:

https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2-drop-calculato ... m=base,ceh

Timezone GMT +2

I buy your
Hel
runes and
Token of Absolution
Necrarch wrote: 1 week ago
hmmm, on my side, I even thought that it was yellow > green.

Blue is the cheapest because TZ Andy is an excellent loot dropper, and you have two chances to get blue with her and
Duriel
Can't confirm that. I traded a lot essences and the reds were always the cheapest. Have some reds available if you want to exchange with blues ;)

Necrarch wrote: 1 week ago
Yellow is... annoying. After Durance level 2 which is the biggest dungeon level of the whole game, filled with Dolls, and
Mephisto
is not known to drop as good stuff as Diablo or
Baal
. To sum up, long to farm and low other loot -> Fewer people get some -> it's more expensive.

Side note : for having farmed a bit those, I feel that the drop rates of yellow and green are really lower than red and blue, but have no mathematical proof of this. I think I have never EVER dropped a yellow myself.
Can't believe that :D .
Mephisto
is great for farming... sure not that high end level items but much greater chance to drop something with value. I guess most essences I farmed myself I got from him. Actually very easy to farm with a fast tele char. Use the WP and always turn right from players/screen view.... but yes ... most players are afraid of
Bone Fetish
.... they are the secret bosses of Sanctuary.

Timezone GMT +2

I buy your
Hel
runes and
Token of Absolution
OP
dejavue wrote: 1 week ago
but yes ... most players are afraid of
Bone Fetish
.... they are the secret bosses of Sanctuary.
Equiped my act 5 merc with an
Azurewrath
, in most cases,
Sanctuary Aura
pushes undead away from me. 😄

Ist
Hel
Ist
= 5
Hel
& 1
Hel
= 6
Perfect Gems

Maf 26

Necromancer Europe PC
Yellows are terrible. I am trying to
Dodge
Dols as much as I can. :oD And of course, I would bet EVERY time I go wrong direction in Durance L2 and have to move all around the map.
Back in 2000ish when I first started playing I heard always go clockwise from the exit of the waypoint. This helped a bit but I found it lacking in repeatability so I rarely farm Mephy. I googled it again today to see we can all get through Mephy faster and I came upon this image.
It is accurate so far, only tested a dozen or so runs, but it's not an exact map. You have to work with it a bit. But hopefully it helps those wanting to get through Durance level 2 faster.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

ShadowHeart 2588Moderator

Europe PC
Yes, the tile of the exit to level 3 is directionally always facing left in relation to the tile of the waypoint. It’s not necessarily a left turn as many say (that’s an oversimplification and not always true), but direction wise it’s always facing left in relation to the waypoint tile.

Many maps are “left” aligned like that. There are a few right aligned maps but they are far fewer than the left aligned ones.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

mhlg 1156

Americas PC
seansixsixsix wrote: 1 week ago

So I am bit puzzled.
It's really quite simple. More people farm
Andariel
and Diablo than they do
Mephisto
(dolls) and
Baal
. I farm them all but for whatever reason I collect far more red and blue than I do Yellow and Green. It got to the point where I stopped picking blue and red essences up because they were using up too much storage space. I once went into a free game and tossed out about of dozen of them. I have no problem farming
Mephisto
with my Javazon because the dolls have little effect on her so I often have a couple of extra yellows to hold onto until I get a green.

Side note: Twenty years ago before LOD was released
Mephisto
was farmed more than Diablo because of his drop rate.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet, I'm in EST time zone (E Coast U.S)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...