Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   251 views

Description

Is there any way to get my
Holy Fire
ticks to hit a bit harder? I figured it would be a fun idea to run MF on the rings,
Boots
, gloves and
Belt
and run through quick access areas like Chaos, WSK,
Kurast Bazaar
, etc. for mfing sometimes and would like for the
Holy Fire
Aura to tick a little bit harder if possible. I assume Defensive Aura GC's would help with this correct?

Also, I'm running dual Dragon and HOJ as well as a double fauceted COA. My skills are max
Conviction
Salvation
Resist Fire
, and
Zeal
. 1 point all the way to
Vigor
, and
Holy Shield
and the rest into
Sacrifice
. I will need to respec soon for better stat allocation, should I put points into
Holy Shield
instead of
Sacrifice
for more survivability? Also, I'm thinking of putting a Flickering Flame on my merc to bump fire res, he is currently running Andy's visage, FORT and Insight (for constant
Charge
usage). Would Flickering Flame be a good idea or is something else be better?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Is there any way to get my
Holy Fire
ticks to hit a bit harder? I figured it would be a fun idea to run MF on the rings,
Boots
, gloves and
Belt
and run through quick access areas like Chaos, WSK,
Kurast Bazaar
, etc. for mfing sometimes and would like for the
Holy Fire
Aura to tick a little bit harder if possible. I assume Defensive Aura GC's would help with this correct?

Also, I'm running dual Dragon and HOJ as well as a double fauceted COA. My skills are max
Conviction
Salvation
Resist Fire
, and
Zeal
. 1 point all the way to
Vigor
, and
Holy Shield
and the rest into
Sacrifice
. I will need to respec soon for better stat allocation, should I put points into
Holy Shield
instead of
Sacrifice
for more survivability? Also, I'm thinking of putting a Flickering Flame on my merc to bump fire res, he is currently running Andy's visage, FORT and Insight (for constant
Charge
usage). Would Flickering Flame be a good idea or is something else be better?

"Having Shadowheart around is better than luck. More reliable."
~Necrarch

ShadowHeart 2584Moderator

Europe PC
Blindfire187 wrote: 1 month ago
I assume Defensive Aura GC's would help with this correct?
No, that won't help.
Resist Fire
and
Salvation
are synergies for
Holy Fire
, so only hard points count. The only way to improve
Holy Fire
on a Dragondin (besides maxing both synergies) is to equip gear with +to Fire Skill damage or -to Enemy Fire Resistance. Flickering Flame has -to Enemy Fire Resistance, so that's an option for yourself for that reason.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 month ago
I assume Defensive Aura GC's would help with this correct?
No, that won't help.
Resist Fire
and
Salvation
are synergies for
Holy Fire
, so only hard points count. The only way to improve
Holy Fire
on a Dragondin (besides maxing both synergies) is to equip gear with +to Fire Skill damage or -to Enemy Fire Resistance. Flickering Flame has -to Enemy Fire Resistance, so that's an option for yourself for that reason.
COA adds +1 all skills so that helps bring up the synergies to
Holy Fire
and 2 Faucets which give +10 fire skill and -10 enemy fire res. I was thinking Defensive GC's would boost
Salvation
and
Resist Fire
's skills for boosting the damage of
Holy Fire
from Synergies or would this not work? Flickering Flame on my merc is just for the
Resist Fire
aura.

~Necrarch

Europe PC
+X to skills raises your level for
Resist Fire
and
Salvation
, sure. But that only matters when setting either of those auras as your current active aura, and only for those auras themselves. Synergies don't work that way. For synergies, only hard points count. A hard point is one you have invested with a skill point, not one granted by +X from equipment. Bonuses from equipment are soft points. The most you can invest in a skill is 20 points, so that's all you get from a synergy too.
Holy Fire
gets synergy effects from investing in
Resist Fire
and
Salvation
, but only hard points count for those synergy effects. Put 20 points in both to maximize your
Holy Fire
, but + to skills from equipment won't matter for that.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
OP
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 month ago
+X to skills raises your level for
Resist Fire
and
Salvation
, sure. But that only matters when setting either of those auras as your current active aura, and only for those auras themselves. Synergies don't work that way. For synergies, only hard points count. A hard point is one you have invested with a skill point, not one granted by +X from equipment. Bonuses from equipment are soft points. The most you can invest in a skill is 20 points, so that's all you get from a synergy too.
Holy Fire
gets synergy effects from investing in
Resist Fire
and
Salvation
, but only hard points count for those synergy effects. Put 20 points in both to maximize your
Holy Fire
, but + to skills from equipment won't matter for that.
Ah, Got it. I didn't realize that only hard points counted for synergies and incorrectly assumed every extra point counted. So defensive GC's won't matter. So I really don't need any GC's then. Adding to
Conviction
doens't amount to much except defense after a certain point anyways. I guess I'll just keep going as I have been and stack up on small charms for other stuff then. Thanks for the advice.

Oh, would putting Flickering Flame on the merc help reduce fire res to the enemies or would that only effect when he is applying fire damage?

~Necrarch

Europe PC
Oh, would putting Flickering Flame on the merc help reduce fire res to the enemies or would that only effect when he is applying fire damage?
It would only help the merc. To take advantage of the -X to Enemy Fire Resistance, you need to equip the Flickering Flame yourself.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...