Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
20 replies   739 views

Description

I've been thinking about this subject for quite some time. Take two (without any doubt) extremely iconic orbs.
The Oculus
&
Death's Fathom
. Why on earth do they visually look identical? Maybe make
Death's Fathom
appear Black when wielded by the Sorceress. I don't care if it's Black or another color, just something different. Why not continue to leverage the remaster in all its high-resolution glory? There are many unique items that aesthetically appear like their base variants, why not make
Azurewrath
blue instead of looking identical to the base
Phase Blade
? When you build a Breath of the Dying in a
Colossus Blade
make the
Blade
turn red. Maybe this is hearsay and people would despise such change but I think it would be fantastic to have this added to the game. We know when people are rocking their full item sets due to their glowing aura (for example). I don't personally care for the full body aura but it's a preexisting example of signaling or differentiating in a visual manner.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I've been thinking about this subject for quite some time. Take two (without any doubt) extremely iconic orbs.
The Oculus
&
Death's Fathom
Death's Fathom
appear Black when wielded by the Sorceress. I don't care if it's Black or another color, just something different. Why not continue to leverage the remaster in all its high-resolution glory? There are many unique items that aesthetically appear like their base variants, why not make
Azurewrath
Phase Blade
Colossus Blade
make the
Blade
turn red. Maybe this is hearsay and people would despise such change but I think it would be fantastic to have this added to the game. We know when people are rocking their full item sets due to their glowing aura (for example). I don't personally care for the full body aura but it's a preexisting example of signaling or differentiating in a visual manner.
Anya
's quest reward should be a transmogrification of the item-say a pulldown menu with color/style options
Related to OP question: Dev laziness and deadlines?

Not related to the original OP question, but one thing I realized is when I have an weapon (ex: HoTo
Flail
), it has a color. After some smiting (
Smite
), the weapon turns light green / gray. Did anyone notice that? Is there any explanation for that?

Will try to provide screenshots.

If you would like to make an offer, please add me in bnet and comment in thread with the offer. Thank you.

ShadowHeart 2584Moderator

Europe PC
YugoHell wrote: 1 month ago
Not related to the original OP question, but one thing I realized is when I have an weapon (ex: HoTo
Flail
Smite
), the weapon turns light green / gray. Did anyone notice that? Is there any explanation for that?

Not sure if this is the case for you, but when you
Smite
with a Grief, you have a CtC
Venom: Skill
on Striking, and Venom visually gives your weapon a green hue. Similarly,
Enchant
gives your weapon a red hue (you can CtC
Enchant
with Obedience, for example - but that might not be a very common use-case). Not sure if there are any other such CtC effects that alter the color of your equipment.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 month ago
YugoHell wrote: 1 month ago
Flail
Smite

Not sure if this is the case for you, but when you
Smite
with a Grief, you have a CtC
Venom: Skill
on Striking, and Venom visually gives your weapon a green hue. Similarly,
Enchant
gives your weapon a red hue (you can CtC
Enchant
with Obedience, for example - but that might not be a very common use-case). Not sure if there are any other such CtC effects that alter the color of your equipment.
That really makes sense. Ty.
In the case it's Grief.

Well well, so we really see some post effects then.

If you would like to make an offer, please add me in bnet and comment in thread with the offer. Thank you.

d2jsp 90

PC
ghostpos wrote: 1 month ago
The Oculus
&
Death's Fathom
Death's Fathom
Azurewrath
Phase Blade
Colossus Blade
make the
Blade
https://www.inven.co.kr/board/diablo2/5842/5408?p=6

Good day to you partner!
I'm Saul Goodman and I can already tell that I'll be your best friend in this forsaken camp. 🏴‍☠️
Anyone else use gems just to dye their armour and weapons?
OP
d2jsp wrote: 1 month ago
ghostpos wrote: 1 month ago
The Oculus
&
Death's Fathom
Death's Fathom
Azurewrath
Phase Blade
Colossus Blade
make the
Blade
https://www.inven.co.kr/board/diablo2/5842/5408?p=6
Wow....lol.
BoringTitle wrote: 1 month ago
Anyone else use gems just to dye their armour and weapons?
Not viable. It works only in normal items, which are not used at all (not counting runewords, but there are no runewords with gems in the unmodded game).
yea..they didn't find a need to update the 2d art and hence...no reason to include special on-avatar pixels.

Unlike
Tal Rasha's Lidless Eye
....which does have a purplish tint to it.

Oculus could have been Gold.

Fathom could have been Blue.

Offer if price is not stated

⊕ Join New Tristram Talk! ⊕

While the snow remains,
veiled in the haze of evening,
a cold leafless branch.
Flowers are only flowers because they fall,
but thankfully the Wind.
coming up with an idea to make the game look/play better (like the OP suggestions) => doing more work => requiring resource from the devs => making cost/benefit analysis => justifying that it would lead to an increase in profit (e.g. attracting new players or making the existing player base to purchase more copies) => dropping the whole process at the first stage, as noone in Blizzard cares about the game anymore, besides hitting the reset button each season.

Schnorki 3686Moderator

PC
Or red. Or yellow. Or purple. Or bright neon pink with teal dots on it.

Better is and remains subjective.

If they had updated the actual art itself, plenty of folks would've been pissed about deviating from the original, rather than merely making it nicer/work properly. And no matter what color you choose, plenty of folks will prefer the current/original and demand a return to it.

Updating
Harlequin Crest
and such to actually show their color on char (hideous as it may be) makes sense as it merely builds upon original design and visuals of a fugly green hat, making them work/apply across the board. But completely changing the original ideas/design...different story there and certainly far from "obviously, they should have!" for something advertised as a true-to-original remake.

Necrarch 1974Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I am still in favor of adding the following cube recipe :

Standard of Heroes
+ any Unique item + a perfect gem = the same Unique (stats etc. all kept) dyed in the color of the gem (
Skull
= Black).

Makes SoH with a use, purely cosmetic but fun (would love a Blue or Black
Shako
).

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash, my crafts and my many cheap
Annihilus
I don't know if it perfectly fits the topic but what I really miss is the visual design of the gear of the mercs. Actually the design from the chars could be reused. Especially if the same class of hirelings already exists as player char class (Barbs Act5).
How could an Act2 merc look with a
Sacred Armor
, a
Thresher
and a
Vampire Gaze
?

Timezone GMT +2

I buy your
Hel
runes and
Token of Absolution
. Check my WTB stash! Also have some free stuff available.
I think it would be a nice detail, but given the attention the game gets from blizz these days... I don't think it will happen
dejavue wrote: 1 month ago
I don't know if it perfectly fits the topic but what I really miss is the visual design of the gear of the mercs. Actually the design from the chars could be reused. Especially if the same class of hirelings already exists as player char class (Barbs Act5).
Sacred Armor
, a
Thresher
and a
Vampire Gaze
?
Such a request would be beyond the abilities of the current Blizzard.

Sad by true.

While the snow remains,
a cold leafless branch.
but thankfully the Wind.
Unless...

While the snow remains,
a cold leafless branch.
but thankfully the Wind.

Schnorki 3686Moderator

PC
Unless... there's a remake for your phone with 293420984 microtransactions?
Unless...

They monetize D2r.

Hmm.

While the snow remains,
a cold leafless branch.
but thankfully the Wind.
dejavue wrote: 1 month ago
Sacred Armor
, a
Thresher
and a
Vampire Gaze
?
It would be nice to watch a Act2 merc perform a
Thresher
's slashing movement instead of a polearm stabbing. My eyes would take time to get used to, maybe 1 hour.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...