Description by M1ck

Can be used to make Runewords:

OP

M1ck 457

Europe PC
BoringTitle wrote: 1 month ago
Ugh, here's an example. I wanted to trade off a
Griffon's Eye
. It's B grade, I wanted a swap for a B grade deaths web.

-offer 1 4
Jah
. I declined as it's not what I asked for.
-offer 2 a couple Grief weapons. Not helping at all
-offer 3
Arachnid Mesh
and peasants
Crown
, still no.
-intermittent not enough. Which is fair.
-one guy's response was 'die' after I declined.
-a person wished to actually sell me a Griffin's eye... not helpful

I am waiting for someone to try stalking and kill me. That is totally bound to happen sooner or later.

Psn, chat feature is quite limited.

But, that's what I get for attempting to participate in trades.

(I know i probably could have traded
Jah
runes for a deaths web, sure. But then I would need to repeat the process)
If there is anybody here that can do cross platform trades here I will give you one for free. 2/50/12/11, it's socketed with a 5/5 facet so base poison resistance is -45.
It's all good, I will feel happiest when it just drops anyway. Kinda like popping a pimple really.
M1ck wrote: 1 month ago
Griffon's Eye

-offer 1 4
Jah
-offer 3
Arachnid Mesh
and peasants
Crown
, still no.

I am waiting for someone to try stalking and kill me. That is totally bound to happen sooner or later.

Jah
If there is anybody here that can do cross platform trades here I will give you one for free. 2/50/12/11, it's socketed with a 5/5 facet so base poison resistance is -45.
OP

M1ck 457

Europe PC
It's all good, I will feel happiest when it just drops anyway. Kinda like popping a pimple really.
Griffon's Eye

-offer 1 4
Jah
-offer 3
Arachnid Mesh
and peasants
Crown
, still no.

Jah
No problem mate, If you change your mind message me. May the best drops be bestowed upon you.

Teebling 6627Admin

Europe PC
flamebellow wrote: 1 month ago
Anyway, it's a free market.
Yeah this tbh.

I think that I will do some dev when I get back home (abroad at the moment) and introduce a new (dismissable) banner on the trade creation page/listing page for sellers with less than 3 trust, as an extra (extra) reminder for them to check the price of the item they're selling assuming they're new to trading.

Beyond that, I'm not convinced by the suggestions on how reselling could (or should) be moderated in an objective way, as Schnorki pointed out earlier.

Just wanted to add that the reason we DO have a policy against public naming and shaming (since that has been questioned in this discussion also) is that it always leads to witch hunting and games of politics. It's very easy for rules/policies like this to be circumvented and/or abused also.

As always, if you want to report bad actors, the report button is there for you to confidentially get the attention of the moderators, who will always make an effort to investigate.

Teebling wrote: 1 month ago
Anyway, it's a free market.
<snip>

Beyond that, I'm not convinced by the suggestions on how reselling could (or should) be moderated in an objective way, as Schnorki pointed out earlier.

Just wanted to add that the reason we DO have a policy against public naming and shaming (since that has been questioned in this discussion also) is that it always leads to witch hunting and games of politics. It's very easy for rules/policies like this to be circumvented and/or abused also.

<snip>
There is in no way trading can be moderated because it takes 2 to clap. That's not even the point of my posts - which lead to the next.

Which is about TOTAL erasure of the person or group that is responsible. Their online identity that is associated with their profile names. Onsite or OFFSITE.

Why choose to protect them when you have the facts to back them up with? When you have a strong case, the community will be better along with it.

With all due respect, when u say "it leads to witch hunting..." show me an example or quote a real scenario of this perceivedwitch hunting. What games of politics? ROFL. Again - what circumventing or abuse are you pointing at?

I have close to 30 years of modding as community lead for several games in the past (diabloii.net / pagn.net / natural-selection.org etc etc) with one on FACEBOOK with real people that i participate in my free time as we speak. Credentials i am in no lack of. So when i choose to give energy and participate in a cause i believe in, i don't hold back.

Well...i've shot my shot when the wall was brought down a little.. so i can provide a trickle of constructive criticism in...but as i suspected - falling on deaf ears.

Your site is your site, and i will remain as a participant but more of a bystander from now on.

Skai out.

Offer if price is not stated

⊕ Join New Tristram Talk! ⊕

While the snow remains,
veiled in the haze of evening,
a cold leafless branch.
Flowers are only flowers because they fall,
but thankfully the Wind.

Teebling 6627Admin

Europe PC
Skaijuice wrote: 1 month ago
Which is about TOTAL erasure of the person or group that is responsible. Their online identity that is associated with their profile names. Onsite or OFFSITE.

Why choose to protect them when you have the facts to back them up with

There is no 'protection' of bad actors as you seem to be implying - it's just not visible to you as a user.

When we get a report with evidence of rule breaking, and decide to take action on it, we do so in private.

There is no need to dramatically crucify people in public forum topics or drag their name through the mud - if we (the mods) decide that someone should be excluded, then we do so quickly and without drama.

That way we both 1) can moderate the site effectively, and 2) don't risk people being witch hunted or named and shamed without any actual evidence/investigation.

It has worked well so far and I believe it will continue to work well.

I think your problem is that you believe that reselling is against the rules - it is not against the rules - so we do not take action.

When there is rule-breaking, and we have the evidence shown to support that, we take action in private.

OP

M1ck 457

Europe PC
Teebling wrote: 1 month ago
Skaijuice wrote: 1 month ago

Why choose to protect them when you have the facts to back them up with

There is no 'protection' of bad actors as you seem to be implying - it's just not visible to you as a user.

When we get a report with evidence of rule breaking, and decide to take action on it, we do so in private.

There is no need to dramatically crucify people in public forum topics or drag their name through the mud - if we (the mods) decide that someone should be excluded, then we do so quickly and without drama.

That way we both 1) can moderate the site effectively, and 2) don't risk people being witch hunted or named and shamed without any actual evidence/investigation.

It has worked well so far and I believe it will continue to work well.

I think your problem is that you believe that reselling is against the rules - it is not against the rules - so we do not take action.

When there is rule-breaking, and we have the evidence shown to support that, we take action in private.
Based on the above and reading through the comments. I guess, I'm in the wrong here then re the site rules and offers.

Apologies for bringing the matter up publicly, it was not my intent for this to turn into a slugfest. I was just wanting to help protect newer and casual players.

Nothing more to add from me, other than I will adhere to Teebling and the moderator’s decisions going forward.

d2jsp 90

PC
Of course you have done many giveaways, just not here, very convenient.... How stupid of me of course it was done on Traderie wasn’t it ;0 ;0 ;0. I look forward to you doing one soon on D2IO to give back to the community. Please make it good though because ShadowHeart, Knappogue and Kimaalfr have really upped the game (apologies if I missed anybody).
I don't show off my generosity, unlike you. You only see the tip of the iceberg.

I throw out unnecessary items on free servers, or give them away on twitch-streams and in private russian-language discord/telegram channels to those who really need and are looking for a specific item.

My personal opinion is that I think it’s pointless to give items for free to people that they don’t need, but they stockpile them, not giving other players the opportunity to use them here and now.

I used to create trades here with a tag for free, but I realized that it was better to sell them at a minimum price. People don't appreciate items that are given for free. But if someone really needs an item, they won't keep you waiting, won't waste your time, and will find a chipped gem to get that item.

By massively giving something away for free, you are giving people a fish, but not a fishing rod and instructions for using it.

Good day to you partner!
I'm Saul Goodman and I can already tell that I'll be your best friend in this forsaken camp. 🏴‍☠️

d2jsp 90

PC

You won't lower your prices because you are too greedy ;0. For instance offering to purchase 45x
Sol
per
Ist
. I offer 15x
Sol
per
Ist
and most will get used for Insight or
Blood Ring
crafting (depending on base availability and
Perfect Ruby
). If my offering is not fair then I’m happy to lower the amount further. Large packs are always more expensive than smaller amounts though I agree. Also purchase them as well but they are not always available. Ladder seems to have much more available the non-ladder.

I think you misunderstand I don’t need to sell anything, helps me organise things though for sure. My goal is attempting to roll perfect rune words (I keep them btw) and do crafting.
When I talk about greed, I mean that I don't have to fight with competitors. I don't mind if someone sells their runes to someone more expensive than to me. I have no problems finding any runes I need in any quantity. But I give you the opportunity to sell me unnecessary excess runes and clear out precious space in your inventory.
I am
The Redeemer
. I am the savior of your chests.

Good day to you partner!
I'm Saul Goodman and I can already tell that I'll be your best friend in this forsaken camp. 🏴‍☠️

d2jsp 90

PC
Manowar wrote: 1 month ago
Ist
? 100
Jah
? For what?
For what? — Just business. Why? — Because.

Ist
is one of the most stable runes. After a long break, when I returned to the game, I discovered that my
Ber
's and
Jah
's had been devalued by 2 times, and then even more.
Ist
? 100
Jah
? For what? I hope these post won't infect this community,because good intends always bring corruption like this and these multi forum members really milked this forum's naive reasonable prices.
The market automatically levels out and there is nothing you can do about it.

As long as there is simultaneous trading on d2io, Traderie and d2jsp, prices will always +/- stabilize at the same level.

Thanks to this I can turn any 3 low runes into 2
Ist
's. I can turn every
Ist
into 10
Ber
's.

Good day to you partner!
OP

M1ck 457

Europe PC
Of course you have done many giveaways, just not here, very convenient.... How stupid of me of course it was done on Traderie wasn’t it ;0 ;0 ;0. I look forward to you doing one soon on D2IO to give back to the community. Please make it good though because ShadowHeart, Knappogue and Kimaalfr have really upped the game (apologies if I missed anybody).
I don't show off my generosity, unlike you. You only see the tip of the iceberg.

I throw out unnecessary items on free servers, or give them away on twitch-streams and in private russian-language discord/telegram channels to those who really need and are looking for a specific item.

My personal opinion is that I think it’s pointless to give items for free to people that they don’t need, but they stockpile them, not giving other players the opportunity to use them here and now.

I used to create trades here with a tag for free, but I realized that it was better to sell them at a minimum price. People don't appreciate items that are given for free. But if someone really needs an item, they won't keep you waiting, won't waste your time, and will find a chipped gem to get that item.

By massively giving something away for free, you are giving people a fish, but not a fishing rod and instructions for using it.
I didn't realise that my name was in the above list… So that rules out me showing off any generosity.

Give aways are a good chance for players that have a lot of real life commitments and don’t have the time to realistically obtain the items offered. Or for players that are non-ladder only to obtain ladder only rune words.

Let’s just face it you are not doing any give aways because you have nothing decent to offer or are too greedy, maybe both. Like I said look forward to you doing one here though, but I won’t hold my breath. Feel free to prove me wrong though.
OP

M1ck 457

Europe PC
Ist
? 100
Jah
? For what?

Ist
is one of the most stable runes. After a long break, when I returned to the game, I discovered that my
Ber
's and
Jah
Ist
? 100
Jah
? For what? I hope these post won't infect this community,because good intends always bring corruption like this and these multi forum members really milked this forum's naive reasonable prices.

As long as there is simultaneous trading on d2io, Traderie and d2jsp, prices will always +/- stabilize at the same level.

Ist
's. I can turn every
Ist
into 10
Ber
's.
Quick everyone give this magician your
Ist
runes ;0 ;0.

He'll give you ten
Ber
runes in return for one
Ist
. This is one of the funniest post I’ve read in ages.
Ist
? 100
Jah
? For what?

Ist
Ber
's and
Jah
Ist
? 100
Jah

Ist
's. I can turn every
Ist
into 10
Ber
's.
Ist
runes ;0 ;0.

He'll give you ten
Ber
runes in return for one
Ist
Maybe its a typo or figure of speech?

But if flame can turn 1
Ist
into 10 bers? I’d like him trade my 40 ists for 400 bers? He can keep 100 bers for being the middleman :)

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
OP

M1ck 457

Europe PC
d2rppa69 wrote: 1 month ago

Ist
Ber
's and
Jah

Ist
's. I can turn every
Ist
into 10
Ber
's.
Ist
runes ;0 ;0.

He'll give you ten
Ber
runes in return for one
Ist
Maybe its a typo or figure of speech?

But if flame can turn 1
Ist
into 10 bers? I’d like him trade my 40 ists for 400 bers? He can keep 100 bers for being the middleman :)
Doesn't look like a typo, certainly likes tooting his own horn.

I think your offer is fair. Assume there is enough profit left to satisfy his reseller requirement.

Teebling 6627Admin

Europe PC
I think I will lock this topic now - we've all had a good opportunity to give our opinions on the original subject.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...