Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   2146 views

Do Hustle weapon on Act 2/5 Merc worth (for your own IAS)?

No data yet

Description

Hi

People sometimes talk about using Act 1 Merc with Faith to be able to reach specific IAS breakpoints (thanks to
Fanaticism
)

But never saw people suggesting using Act 2 or Act 5 with Hustle to do the same...
(In both cases you could add Might to the mix - using Last Wish in the case of Act 5 - which will give you more raw damage than a Act 1 Merc with Faith)

Is it because of the low IAS bonus (14% vs 31-33%) and/or radius (7.3y vs 14.6-16.6y) from
Fanaticism
1 x
Fanaticism
12-15?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

People sometimes talk about using Act 1 Merc with Faith to be able to reach specific IAS breakpoints (thanks to
Fanaticism
)

But never saw people suggesting using Act 2 or Act 5 with Hustle to do the same...
(In both cases you could add Might to the mix - using Last Wish in the case of Act 5 - which will give you more raw damage than a Act 1 Merc with Faith)

Is it because of the low IAS bonus (14% vs 31-33%) and/or radius (7.3y vs 14.6-16.6y) from
Fanaticism
1 x
Fanaticism
12-15?

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

Schnorki 3576Moderator

PC
The bonus being good (or.."sufficient") depends entirely on your own build (read: needed breakpoints) so that's a case-specific yes or no.

From when I played around with it though, the range was most certainly a show-stopper without even looking at anything else. 7.3 is just..nothing. :/

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will typically be declined.
you can totally use Hustle on an act 1 merc, much cheaper and lower level requirements than Faith, like it’s not amazing, but still ok

And yes also to the act 5 merc with Last Wish and Hustle - my
Vengeance
paladin does that (any single target build will want as much IAS as possible).

You could use muscle on an act 2 merc, just compared to all the other options it’s not as high on the list of priorities
I used Hustle on Act 2 Merc for my Barb, as a starter /budget option last time i started ladder (swapped to Reaper's once i could afford it).

The range of the aura was a deffinite problem imo, and I was quite glad when I got better.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 4 months ago
From when I played around with it though, the range was most certainly a show-stopper without even looking at anything else. 7.3 is just..nothing. :/
Goggen wrote: 4 months ago
The range of the aura was a deffinite problem imo, and I was quite glad when I got better.
I tried Act 2 Merc with Hustle for a while, the aura range is really really short 🙁
You have to keep re-position yourself all the time, to be in range... which is annoying and time consuming....
My felling is that in a "normal play" (where you don't worry in re-position just because of the Merc's aura) you almost never get the effect 🙁

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

Schnorki 3576Moderator

PC
Aye. It is a pain.

Hell, even a Faith merc I wouldn't use on any movement-based build without
Teleport
to keep the merc next to you reliably. That's double the range but still constantly dropping off because it's just too short. Even more so for melee builds as the stupid A1 merc's AI pathing would still have them run out of range of you mid-fight..

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will typically be declined.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...