Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   305 views

Description

i have a pretty geared Mosaic kicksin. was wondering what you guys think would be an interesting set up for Paige. (all other act one rogues (shes an amazon now?) are inferior)

some notes. i dont need Infinity at this point its "win more" im not even using a sunder charm and i can farm all places

im hesitant to use Faith for the fanat. will more atk speed help? does it affect kicks? it certainly will help her but im at 7 kicks and already sometimes get locked a bit. sweet spot seems to be 5-6 kicks. might respec for that.

ive read manic pixie thread. Delirium seems interesting but i wouldnt know what to pair it with lol. i dont need Insight really either. Help!

Can be used to make Runewords:

i have a pretty geared Mosaic kicksin. was wondering what you guys think would be an interesting set up for Paige. (all other act one rogues (shes an amazon now?) are inferior)

some notes. i dont need Infinity at this point its "win more" im not even using a sunder charm and i can farm all places

im hesitant to use Faith for the fanat. will more atk speed help? does it affect kicks? it certainly will help her but im at 7 kicks and already sometimes get locked a bit. sweet spot seems to be 5-6 kicks. might respec for that.

ive read manic pixie thread. Delirium seems interesting but i wouldnt know what to pair it with lol. i dont need Insight really either. Help!
if u dont need an aura or decrep, delerium + Mist (100
Pierce
) + Hustle would work
Even Harmony could be useful for the faster run/walk, if you really don't need any aura or dmg from the merc
nihilninja wrote: 2 days ago

I don't recommend using Delirium on your Merc if you just want to fast clear mobs. It's a very good
Helm
, but it's unfriendly to melee build. The level 18
Confuse
will affect the whole screen's mobs, which is about 15 yards or so, most of them will stop and fight each other nearby. Even you have an Enigma to
Teleport
, it still takes longer time to kill than they are going after you directly.
I would use the Cure for her instead, cause the poison damage is really annoying, but it's just me.
As for a Faith bow on the Merc, the
Fanaticism
may help you on the attack ratings, probably a bigger help on the initial charge up phase. How big help, I don't know. If you have a Hustle bow, you can try on your Merc to see how level 1
Fanaticism
affects you.
Last, just out of curiosity, what finish move are you using?
Flyhorse wrote: 1 day ago

I don't recommend using Delirium on your Merc if you just want to fast clear mobs. It's a very good
Helm
Confuse
will affect the whole screen's mobs, which is about 15 yards or so, most of them will stop and fight each other nearby. Even you have an Enigma to
Teleport
Another thing from Delirium that could slow you down are the
Mind Blast
triggers, as you can't kill the affected monsters... so, if you want to kill everybody, sometimes you need to wait the effect expire....

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
OP

Helm
Confuse
Teleport
I would use the Cure for her instead, cause the poison damage is really annoying, but it's just me.
Fanaticism
may help you on the attack ratings, probably a bigger help on the initial charge up phase. How big help, I don't know. If you have a Hustle bow, you can try on your Merc to see how level 1
Fanaticism
affects you.
thanks for the heads up. that would be annoying. I prefer to kick so I use
Dragon Tail
. the knock back is sometimes annoying but it doesnt work on bosses and it still triggers the massive aoe that all the charges do so the knock back hasnt been an issue
you can always also do a normal attack to release which is highly under valued
I haven't run it myself, but I've seen an Ice setup before with nightwings and Chains of Honor. This is an old dbrunski video. Useful utility, if you want some extra safety, and decent damage according to the video
nihilninja wrote: 1 day ago

Helm
Confuse
Teleport
Fanaticism
Fanaticism
affects you.
thanks for the heads up. that would be annoying. I prefer to kick so I use
Dragon Tail
. the knock back is sometimes annoying but it doesnt work on bosses and it still triggers the massive aoe that all the charges do so the knock back hasnt been an issue
you can always also do a normal attack to release which is highly under valued
It seems there is a bug related to
Dragon Tail
. Let's say an annimation doesn't reflect real calculation bug.
With 2 x Mosaic granted 100% not consume the charges, using a finish move non-stop becomes an option, that is also making the
Dragon Tail
bug much more noticable. The bug is:
With
Dragon Tail
build, the longer you hold the short key to
Dragon Tail
(which means more casts), the longer you will be locked (sorta) later on, you can't move or
Teleport
etc....

I actually tested this bug with my sin who has 40 IAS and level 9
Burst of Speed
. The detail is this:
Cast
Burst of Speed
, Charge up then shift +
Dragon Tail
for a period of time, when I see the mana is up and down stop cast
Dragon Tail
and move forward, then I got port back to the spot where I cast
Dragon Tail
Maybe that's why you got locked a bit as well.

Simple explanation of the cause of this bug is:
Dragon Tail
does physical damage then fire damage which converted from physical. When calculates the attack speed, the 2nd part damage attack speed will have a speed penalty, which includes quite few components in the attack speed formula. This is not that most important part.
The reason that this bug happens because the animation didn't display the speed penalty by frame, but the real system calculation had that part in the formula, the result is you will get locked when you cast
Dragon Tail
non-stop for quite a period of time. You still see the animation of
Dragon Tail
, but most cast does no damage.

How to overcome this bug?
1. The easiest one is to cast
Fade
instead of
Burst of Speed
, or just don't cast
Burst of Speed
2. With 40 + IAS and at least level 9 or 14
Burst of Speed
(I have question on the level #, but I think level 14 is more than enough),
Dragon Tail
will get to 7F. After this, keep increasing IAS will not benefit to your killing performance, however the increased speed will overcome the bug if it's enough.

Edit 1: I suddenly realized that since you experienced the
Dragon Tail
's bug, then
Fanaticism
becomes a must to eliminate the bug. The bug still exists, but the speed boost from
Fanaticism
on Hustle / Faith will overcome the speed penalty, resulting in a normal
Dragon Tail
finish move. Better try Hustle bow 1st to avoid spending too much on making Faith if you haven't had already.

Edit 2: Did a few times wording edit, trying to explain clear.

Necrarch 1829Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Personnally I love the Manic Pixie Dreamgirl setup on my own sin (though she is more a trapper than an MA sin)

(For the record : forums/manic-pixie-dreamgirl-an-alterna ... 65231.html )

Ice (Mat Bow) / Delirium / Treachery.

The permanent
Confuse
cast just makes crowd control super easy... and is really funny to see, especially when she turns into an undead doll.

Sure, she does not kill much herself but with a Mosaic sin you don't really mind. And as for
Mind Blast
actually it can give you an enemy to bounce on and recharge your Mosaics.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...