Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   849 views

Description

I'm trying to decide on what armor I should work towards for my zealot, currently running a Treachery. He's got his Grief and Exile already. I'm leaning towards a Fortitude, but I really like the QoL from an Enigma. I know that Chains of Honor is often recommended for doing ubers, which I plan to use him for as well. Does anyone have a definitive answer as to which armor I should choose and why?
Description by Azmenar3764

Can be used to make Runewords:

I'm trying to decide on what armor I should work towards for my zealot, currently running a Treachery. He's got his Grief and Exile already. I'm leaning towards a Fortitude, but I really like the QoL from an Enigma. I know that Chains of Honor is often recommended for doing ubers, which I plan to use him for as well. Does anyone have a definitive answer as to which armor I should choose and why?
Answeredby fredkid2 weeks agoGo to post
With Phase Blade you probably don't need the Treachery IAS...

So the choice is normally Enigma for mobility or Fortitude for extra damage and defense (thanks to Chilling Armor trigger)

And against Ubers you can pre-buff Fade with Treachery instead of using Chains of Honor.
With
Phase Blade
you probably don't need the Treachery IAS...

So the choice is normally Enigma for mobility or Fortitude for extra damage and defense (thanks to
Chilling Armor
trigger)

And against Ubers you can pre-buff
Fade
with Treachery instead of using Chains of Honor.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
No, there is no clear-cut answer. My preference, the build guides, and content creators I follow all favor Enigma. For mobility is one reason, but I think the main reason is for controlling your merc

Decrepify
from reaper's toll on your merc can be kind of inconsistent unless you are teleporting him directly into groups of monsters. And might +
Decrepify
from your merc almost doubles your overall DPS on an endgame zealot build, so effective control of your merc is critical to get the most damage out of your build. Together with mobility, Enigma just gives me the best clear speed

But it looks like you might be making an all-in-one build, so maybe we have different priorities. For ubers, I run specific setups different from normal pvm, no merc, and in this case you don't need
Teleport
as much. I also don't ever run Exile, which to me is a dedicated uber smiter shield
OP
marl71 wrote: 2 weeks ago
No, there is no clear-cut answer. My preference, the build guides, and content creators I follow all favor Enigma. For mobility is one reason, but I think the main reason is for controlling your merc

Decrepify
from reaper's toll on your merc can be kind of inconsistent unless you are teleporting him directly into groups of monsters. And might +
Decrepify
from your merc almost doubles your overall DPS on an endgame zealot build, so effective control of your merc is critical to get the most damage out of your build. Together with mobility, Enigma just gives me the best clear speed

But it looks like you might be making an all-in-one build, so maybe we have different priorities. For ubers, I run specific setups different from normal pvm, no merc, and in this case you don't need
Teleport
as much. I also don't ever run Exile, which to me is a dedicated uber smiter shield
No reaper's on the merc sadly. He's rocking an Obedience atm. Definitely sort of an all-rounder.
although the OP was asking about armor for his zealer, wanted to flag that changing Exile to Phoenix might also be a good option.

If you have the runes and a proper base, switching to Phoenix may boost your damage significantly as it adds +400% ED and also gives you extra sustain due to the aura.
Something to keep in mind is clear speed from movement. My bowazon kills things a lot faster than my paladin, but she walks so much slower its about a wash for overall clear speed. You could put your character into maxroll and see how much more damage you get from Fortitude.

https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
OP
trentor wrote: 2 weeks ago
although the OP was asking about armor for his zealer, wanted to flag that changing Exile to Phoenix might also be a good option.

If you have the runes and a proper base, switching to Phoenix may boost your damage significantly as it adds +400% ED and also gives you extra sustain due to the aura.
Love this idea. Unfortunately Phoenix is well outside my budget atm. I'm struggling to get the Wealth to aquire the
Lo
for a Fortitude. And I'm not sure how much value I'd get from the damage boost as I mostly play online solo as the majority of my online friends are rarely available to play these days and I'm not a fan of joining games with random people I don't know.

mhlg 1021

Americas PC
Considering you're using a
Phase Blade
and going to max out Fanatacism,
Fade
is the only benefit to wearing a Treachery, and in my view not enough of a benefit. A cheap alternative until you can get better is a Duress. My Paly has been smiting Ubers for almost 2 years wearing one.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
OP
mhlg wrote: 2 weeks ago
Considering you're using a
Phase Blade
and going to max out Fanatacism,
Fade
is the only benefit to wearing a Treachery, and in my view not enough of a benefit. A cheap alternative until you can get better is a Duress. My Paly has been smiting Ubers for almost 2 years wearing one.
Duress aquired...
First ever Duress is near perfect
First ever Duress is near perfect
Mine is rocking Fortitude, Phoenix
Zakarum Shield
Crown of Ages
Steelrend
and Grief. But I guess Enigma is also okay.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!

TheDoo 327

Europe PC
davme_mcreg wrote: 2 weeks ago
Something to keep in mind is clear speed from movement. My bowazon kills things a lot faster than my paladin, but she walks so much slower its about a wash for overall clear speed. You could put your character into maxroll and see how much more damage you get from Fortitude.

https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/
Well mind the fact that no other class can even compete with Paladin in the running speed department solely because of
Charge
availability. :)

I personally wouldn't ever want to use Enigma on a Paladin since he can move around so quickly anyway... I would highly suggest to go for CoH (because you should aim for at least 300 all res in total to nullify
Über Mephisto
's
Conviction
) at the end but surely use Duress as it is probably the best budget armor you can get your hands on.

P.S. Also I thought Fortitude 's +ED doesn't apply to
Smite
, only flat dmg does?

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
I'll be changing my uber smitter to an uber zealot and I'm definitely using Fortitude, I may leave a spare Enigma to swap in case I want to do some mf.

What I'm not sure about is if I should use Exile or
Herald Of Zakarum

TheDoo 327

Europe PC
PabloSL wrote: 2 weeks ago
Herald Of Zakarum
I would say if you are gonna do const. Ubers then stick with Exile, otherwise (also if you are using Dracs) take HoZ.
As a final note, if someone is desperate for
Life Tap
or using budget items -- you can always shop for a simple
Life Tap
Wand
and have it on swap :)

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
TheDoo wrote: 2 weeks ago
PabloSL wrote: 2 weeks ago
Herald Of Zakarum
I would say if you are gonna do const. Ubers then stick with Exile, otherwise (also if you are using Dracs) take HoZ.
As a final note, if someone is desperate for
Life Tap
or using budget items -- you can always shop for a simple
Life Tap
Wand
and have it on swap :)
well its gona be an all around use for this one, so I guess I'll get a nice Zakarum
TheDoo wrote: 2 weeks ago
P.S. Also I thought Fortitude 's +ED doesn't apply to
Smite
, only flat dmg does?
According to maxroll applies ;-)

The best armor for a zealot paladin is Fortitude no doubt. Duress as a Budget option. For your merc Obedience is better than reappers' Toll to help with ubers. First Obedience has a high percentage of crushing blow (40%). Second, you are using Exile. It grants chance of
Life Tap
curse. You cannot have two curses at the same time. Changing to decripify curse maybe isn't what you want.

Regards.
If you want
Life Tap
, any other curse source will mess with your play...

But if you don't want/need
Life Tap
Remember that Ubers have positive Physical resistance, so
Amplify Damage
/
Decrepify
will increase your Crushing Blow damage.
As most of the Ubers have 50% Physical resistance, with
Decrepify
you will be doing double damage from your Crushing Blow!
Assuming that you have Crushing Blow on yourself, your Merc making your Crushing Blow deal 2x damage is probably better then your Merc having a chance of Crushing Blow on himself (even a high one)

----

https://diablo-archive.fandom.com/wiki/ ... Diablo_II)
Physical resistance does apply to Crushing Blow damage, but only if the resistance is positive. This means that
Amplify Damage
and
Decrepify
do not affect Crushing Blows beyond reducing the monsters physical resistance to zero.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation