Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   4629 views

Description

I've been searching online for this, but most sites quote good builds for farming keys early ladder. I'm interested in finding an efficient and fast way to clear
The Countess
The Summoner
and
Nihlathak
on hell p8. I'm also interested in the "why" aspect of it. How does the build deal with the dangers and deals enough dmg? For the sake of the question, budget doesn't matter.

I know hammer used to be always on top of the meta, but I don't really enjoy the playstyle of hammer. I was thinking maybe light soso or light trapsin? I'd like to hear a take from more experienced players.

So what do you guys think - which builds are viable for efficient
Key
farming on p8?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I've been searching online for this, but most sites quote good builds for farming keys early ladder. I'm interested in finding an efficient and fast way to clear
The Countess
The Summoner
and
Nihlathak
on hell p8. I'm also interested in the "why" aspect of it. How does the build deal with the dangers and deals enough dmg? For the sake of the question, budget doesn't matter.

I know hammer used to be always on top of the meta, but I don't really enjoy the playstyle of hammer. I was thinking maybe light soso or light trapsin? I'd like to hear a take from more experienced players.

So what do you guys think - which builds are viable for efficient
Key
farming on p8?

Necrarch 1601Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
My first bet would be : anything that teleports.

Sorc or any char with Enigma.
Dragon Flight
requires enemies so is less practical.

Especially Countess's possible maze tower levels and Arcane really gives an up on use of
Teleport
. Nihl is a lesser issue when you know the map reading.

After that, you have to be able to kill and not die, but that's then a matter of preference as any well-geared char can kill either Countess or Summoner.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Lightning sorc i would say. There are very few lightning immunes on the way to any of the keys and
Teleport
makes arcane and countess way faster also not too hard to gear up to be able to do it

Nate 534

Switch
Yea definitely teleporting is important to keep it efficient. But you could use a non-
Teleport
build like
Frenzy
barb,
Charge
paladin, or even shape shifting Druid all can scoot fast enough to keep efficiency (probably more builds).

Otherwise you gotta be able to kill medium density fairly fast and have a good survivability factor.

The following are my favs:
Energy Shield
Nova
sorc
Fireball
sorc, (meh all sorc builds should be viable if geared properly)
Necro (all necros are
Corpse Explosion
necros)
Javazon
Trapsin
Bowazon

Most efficient (time- wise) will likely go to
Nova
Energy Shield
sorc, but it can be stressful if your new to her (she’s also a great all around farmer)

Easiest will likely be the javazon, great single point damage and great aoe damage against
Nihlathak
. (Also great all arounder)

Trap assassin gets an honourable mention, greatest safety.

There’s also a difference between which is the hardest and which is the worst to farm. Personally I think
Nihlathak
is the hardest to farm because he has a lower drop rate, his corpse explosions are dangerous and so are a few combinations of monsters in his lair… but he’s fast to get to.
The Summoner
is the easiest for me, easy to find (offline) and easy to kill.
The Countess
is the worst for me, 5 levels in the tower?! Really?! Plus those archers can really hurt too, she also teases you with runes, but after while you’re like “enough
Nef
and
Dol
rune! Argh!”

Good luck! Hope this helps
Imo the best is lightning sorc because it is a sorc :P
He can
Teleport
fast, deal insance single target damage, tanky thanks to ES and won't run out of mana.
Lightning over
Nova
because it has better single target damage and don't have to be closed to nih and his minions (les risk to Co)

The second is javazon just because he has terrible breakpoints so
Teleport
with her is annoying.

Necro can easily farm p8 nih but I didn't try to farm other keys so i have no ideal.

Relax and have fun!

ShadowHeart 1733Moderator

Europe PC
Nova
Energy Shield
sorc is fine and perfectly safe vs Nilathak if you
Sacrifice
a ring slot for
Nature's Peace
:)
(the only potential problem is that damn Blood Mana curse)

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
Thanks everyone! I'm gonna go ahead and put together the
Nova
Sorc and see how it performs. Thanks for the recommendations :)
if you want to farm keys early ladder, just do it in solo game unless you can do it almost as fast in multiplayer game.

droprate only increase by about 10% or so for 1-2 keys

Schnorki 3174Moderator

PC
Honestly? Fire(primarily -ball) sorc.
Assuming you have the gear.

Without gear, trapsins make for an easy all-round farmer though there's plenty of options. Sorcs still have the
Teleport
advantage but they will have more trouble actually killing everything.

But once you get some/solid gear..I was genuinely surprised actually by just how ridiculously good a
Fireball
sorc is for it, since they're no longer held back by immunities.

What you know going in is that basically any class can handle them with enough gear and pretty much any class can get to fairly solid kill speed doing so. The deciding factor is hence primarily travel speed and after that dmg optimization.

Travel speed alone eliminates anything that isn't a barb or sorc because none of the others can keep up with their
Teleport
speed.

Dmg optimization after that eliminates barbs as you will take longer. That's just a fact. On higher player counts simply due to dmg output. On lower ones simply because eventually, you will end up clicking the trash mob next to your primary target on accident and waste a swing or two. Plus sorc tends to blow up everything around your target with it which means extra drops are possible so..yay.
(Though hork does make up for some of that I suppose)

So ultimately, you're looking at sorcs.
Specifically, you're looking at sorcs that can near-instantly blow up boss/SU targets on P8. That's primarily blizzard, lightning or
Fireball
Nova
can certainly kill them all easy enough but it does take a tad longer. Other builds can also still do it but tend to take even longer.
Lightning falls behind simply because the cast animation is so slow.
Blizzard falls behind because every so often, you will run into that stupid "my blizz just won't hit it!" issue.
Fireball
is just plain glorious...you can annihilate anything (and I mean anything) on P8 and even if you mess up and don't hit your primary target, your FB hits the one next to hit and the aoe still hits the primary target for the same dmg.

Simply put, there's a reason my S3 FB sorc ended up holding like 3 (or 4?) of the top 5 spots in Heidi's PvM races.
I knew they were good going in but even I honestly didn't expect them to be THAT good across the board. Plus they cost a fraction to gear out of what you pay for a light/
Nova
sorc so...bonus. :)

Elvir 19

Europe PC
Didnt' test it live but maybe
Enchant
sorc with
Demon Machine
and ES shield will be also effective on p8 keys farm. Dmg output could be great in combo with 100% piercing though FCR will be lower in compare with
Fireball
sorc.
Used to ask the same question. Answer for me was always - blizz sorc. She is capable of running all keys being dressed up like a homeless hobo. Now my answer is meteorb sorc as this is even more advanced terminator of keys (being geared as a bum as well). Add CTA later and all your problems are solved.

As for well geared builds, I am on the trapsin side - I can check at least 2 keys on ppl8 while others run
Baal
(lol sorry).

M1ck 331

Europe PC
I'm going for
Nova
/ ES Sorc. Fully decked out holding Infinity and act 2
Prayer
mercenary with Insight makes you super tanky.

Static which is maxed due to
Nova
synergy also has an absurd range. Which helps with kills speed on higher player counts.

Then
Nova
to finish off :).
if u r willing 2 trade keys,
Lightning Fury
javazon summoner killer- no L.I.s and Fury ghosts mobs for runes

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation