Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   2624 views

Freeze trade offers or have them saved as backlog for later on.

No data yet

Site Feedback

Description

Hey @Teebling,

I have been spending time on the website for quite some time now and I was thinking about if we can get our trade offers saved for longer than three days (without bumping them).

Could you please consider a way to have them stored for a longer period?

For instance, if I go on a vacation (without any devices - yes, it happens and it is great :D) for more than three days I will lose all my trade offers and will have to resubmit them all over again... That would be a lot of work... This may discourage people to resubmit their offers and eventually leave the website.

Could you please add a "freeze" option for the people that don't want to lose their hard work in submitting all the offers so they can peacefully go on vacations? :D:D
OR it would be better if we don't have the trade offers erased (after the 3 days period), but just have them in a "not active" state with the possibility to bump them and make them active again whenever we want.

To be honest, I haven't left any of my offers to suspend, so I am not quite sure what will happen if don't bump 'em. I am curious to find out but lazy to resubmit too :) haahh

I am looking forward to hearing from you :)

Can be used to make Runewords:

ek6u 10

Europe PC
Hey @Teebling,

I have been spending time on the website for quite some time now and I was thinking about if we can get our trade offers saved for longer than three days (without bumping them).

Could you please consider a way to have them stored for a longer period?

For instance, if I go on a vacation (without any devices - yes, it happens and it is great :D) for more than three days I will lose all my trade offers and will have to resubmit them all over again... That would be a lot of work... This may discourage people to resubmit their offers and eventually leave the website.

Could you please add a "freeze" option for the people that don't want to lose their hard work in submitting all the offers so they can peacefully go on vacations? :D:D
OR it would be better if we don't have the trade offers erased (after the 3 days period), but just have them in a "not active" state with the possibility to bump them and make them active again whenever we want.

To be honest, I haven't left any of my offers to suspend, so I am not quite sure what will happen if don't bump 'em. I am curious to find out but lazy to resubmit too :) haahh

I am looking forward to hearing from you :)
Request fulfilledby Teebling1 year agoGo to post
Freeze trades feature added in 1.41.

UTC+3.
I'm not fixed to runes only, I also accept
Perfect Gems
; Keys for Uber;
Token of Absolution
(s) or Essences.
Feel free to post your offer or contact me directly without any concerns.
I think trades should expire more quickly. People should just list their best shit there, im tired of browsing all the crap people has listed months ago. Pages and pages of browsing the most common uniques in the game are getting tedious.

I think there should be a limit for how many trades invidual user can have active at the time.
OP

ek6u 10

Europe PC
Pillumaakari wrote: 2 years ago
I think trades should expire more quickly. People should just list their best shit there, I'm tired of browsing all the crap people has listed months ago. Pages and pages of browsing the most common uniques in the game are getting tedious.

I think there should be a limit for how many trades individual users can have active at the time.
Well, newcomers should have the possibility to buy starting gear for crafting materials such as PGs,
Ral
runes, jewels etc. (that way, experienced players and newcomers can both benefit)
You won't have that issues if the only developer fixes the multiple filter options to browse trade offers, which is soon to be deployed. Also If you are looking for high-level items, then I presume that you should be aware of what you are looking for and can easily search for it. I believe this is the best site for d2 trading so far and it is quite friendly to look for whatever you need.

UTC+3.
Perfect Gems
; Keys for Uber;
Token of Absolution
(s) or Essences.

Teebling 6686Admin

Europe PC
Thanks for writing in @ek6u.

I chose the 3 day figure carefully - it's to ensure, as Pillum said, that the marketplace is as balanced as possible between trader activity and quantity of listings available. A lot of the mechanics work around the assumption of this 3-day figure.

I won't be changing the expiration timer on trades.
Pillumaakari wrote: 2 years ago
People should just list their best shit there, im tired of browsing all the crap people has listed months ago. Pages and pages of browsing the most common uniques in the game are getting tedious.
Next patch when you squelch people it also hides their listings - so you'll be able to hide the crap ones from that point on. It's already coded and working on dev environment, just need to deploy the patch.

OP

ek6u 10

Europe PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago

I chose the 3 day figure carefully - it's to ensure, as Pillum said, that the marketplace is as balanced as possible between trader activity and quantity of listings available. A lot of the mechanics work around the assumption of this 3-day figure.

@Teebling, Would you please consider the "freeze" option or the inactive state of the trades after the 3 days period (making the trade offers not visible for others, but available for re-bumping for the owners) instead of purging the them?

UTC+3.
Perfect Gems
; Keys for Uber;
Token of Absolution
(s) or Essences.
ek6u wrote: 2 years ago

@Teebling, Would you please consider the "freeze" option or the inactive state of the trades after the 3 days period (making the trade offers not visible for others, but available for re-bumping for the owners) instead of purging the them?
Yes, I like this option also. Instead of being deleted, when your trades expire, they become "expired trades" or "archived trades" and only YOU can see them. You have the ability to "restore" the trade for up to a month afterward. If you haven't restored the trade in that time period, it gets permanently purged.

I had all my trades expire while my wife was in the hospital, and I still haven't gotten them all back up.
tatarjj wrote: 2 years ago
ek6u wrote: 2 years ago

Yes, I like this option also. Instead of being deleted, when your trades expire, they become "expired trades" or "archived trades" and only YOU can see them. You have the ability to "restore" the trade for up to a month afterward. If you haven't restored the trade in that time period, it gets permanently purged.

I had all my trades expire while my wife was in the hospital, and I still haven't gotten them all back up.
Yes, agreed! Please think about adding something so that after 3 days your posted trades move to an inactive state and are saved in your account. Then allow the user to reactivate, within say a month, for others to see the post.

Teebling 6686Admin

Europe PC
Freeze trades feature added in 1.41.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...