Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   948 views

Description

Not entirely sure why, but I felt like I would share you my road to my Enigma which I made this very morning.
I started playing D2R in mid September this year. I play online, but always by myself. Minus the occasional
Baal
run leech.
The first few weeks were entirely focussed on leveling up a Hammerdin, since they aren't too expensive to deck out.
Once I hit level 80+ I felt comfortable around running around in Hell. That is also when I started to find stuff to sell. So I looked into trading. That's when I found this website.

Through intensive reading and research I found what items I should keep for trading. I also made a Meteorb Sorc and Goldfind Barb to 1up my magicfinding game.
At one point I found my very first high rune (
Ohm
) and I used that to buy a Grief for my Barbarian. Within an hour after using that in
Travincal
I had my very first
Sur
rune drop!
I was able to gather resources for some build enabling gear and slowly started to increase my Wealth. I also made mules specifically for: jewels, charms, keys and gems.
The
Terror
keys were my main focus when farming. I sold about 10 3x3 keysets for 1
Vex
each. I also found 2 +5 all resistances small charms that sold well, and ofcourse tons of
Perfect Gems
From that point onwards all my trades included some form of runes. Which I would then use to cube or trade up. This also gave me 40+ trust on this website!

Besides buying low and selling high I also got lucky on some rune drops: Eevntually I purchased a perfect +261 defense
Mage Plate
and rolled a super low Enigma! :D
Thanks for reading everyone!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Not entirely sure why, but I felt like I would share you my road to my Enigma which I made this very morning.
I started playing D2R in mid September this year. I play online, but always by myself. Minus the occasional
Baal
run leech.
The first few weeks were entirely focussed on leveling up a Hammerdin, since they aren't too expensive to deck out.
Once I hit level 80+ I felt comfortable around running around in Hell. That is also when I started to find stuff to sell. So I looked into trading. That's when I found this website.

Through intensive reading and research I found what items I should keep for trading. I also made a Meteorb Sorc and Goldfind Barb to 1up my magicfinding game.
At one point I found my very first high rune (
Ohm
) and I used that to buy a Grief for my Barbarian. Within an hour after using that in
Travincal
I had my very first
Sur
rune drop!
I was able to gather resources for some build enabling gear and slowly started to increase my Wealth. I also made mules specifically for: jewels, charms, keys and gems.
The
Terror
keys were my main focus when farming. I sold about 10 3x3 keysets for 1
Vex
each. I also found 2 +5 all resistances small charms that sold well, and ofcourse tons of
Perfect Gems
From that point onwards all my trades included some form of runes. Which I would then use to cube or trade up. This also gave me 40+ trust on this website!

Besides buying low and selling high I also got lucky on some rune drops: Eevntually I purchased a perfect +261 defense
Mage Plate
and rolled a super low Enigma! :D
Thanks for reading everyone!

Can trade on PC and PlayStation.

Schnorki 3236Moderator

PC
Well then, congrats on hitting that milestone.

What's the next goal after that? :)
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
[...]What's the next goal after that? :)
That is a very good question. And you know what... I have absolutely no idea!

Any tips?

What do you mean?

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
OP
Hahahaha, oh man that reference is so extremely accurate right now!

Schnorki 3236Moderator

PC
Hah!
Brilliant

But yeah, Enigma can be anything from an enabler for the thing/way you wanna play to merely a thing to support more/faster farming to then more easily fund what you really want to do. Kind of like your Grief along the way. In and by itself, Enigma doesn't seem like a valid goal unless there is some sort of context added imo. That context would then lead to a possible next goal. :)

E.g. "I got Enigma so now I can really play my trapsin! Wohoo!" vs. "I got Enigma so now my annoying hammerdin can farm faster so I can farm everything I need for XYZ other build."

rikus 140

Amazon Americas PC
tell me ole' buddy ole' pal, do you leave your door open at night?

( i want to steal something)

but srsly, why
Mage Plate
? is it the repair costs?
Archon Plate
won't yield better def? or other armours? what's the logic behind the popular
Mage Plate
base?

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
OP
Mage Plate
requires only 55 Strenght, which you can easily get from
Annihilus
and
Hellfire Torch
. Enigma then gives Strenght according to your character level and thus allows you to equip more gear without spending hard points.

Necrarch 1693Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Did the same here, my necro litterally has 0 point invested in strength thanks to that, giving way more def (better more vit than more def for such a char).

Hdin, Meteorb soc, GF barb are classics. Now you can continue on the existing to optimize them or try another guy. Necros are fun (Summon for lazy play, Bone or poison with Sunder for more active), I can say. Seems Zon are great fun, Java or Bow. Sins are really fun too (my second char, she rocks. Mid nightmare, never been even close to dying), traps or martial. Dunno about druids. Anyway, just do something you'll enjoy :)

Congrats Nosgothy for this great achievement !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Summon for Lady play? Well, this is an angle I had not considered before, colour me intrigued!

Congrats on the Enigma, impressive to manage it in such a short period of time, I'm 14 months in and not there yet. :D

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Schnorki 3236Moderator

PC
Fairly certain that was supposed to be "lazy play". Though if not..color me equally intrigued. ;)

Asha 356

Sorceress Europe PC
My s1 hamma rolled a 772-261 nigma mp - put it on and forgot bout it entirely. Restin in it now (grew up to 96lv), as I'm raisin a horka this season. And yeah - for me, nigma is mp only - non-sup, bc screw the def/rep cost - only comfort 😎

Necrarch 1693Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Fairly certain that was supposed to be "lazy play". Though if not..color me equally intrigued. ;)
Correct. My French auto-corrector on phone loves making me such pranks ;)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation