Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   848 views

Description

Aloha,

Seeing how I've only ever played on PC myself, I have been wondering and figured I'd just ask those of you who happen to use both, PC and a console:

1) Can you install on console based on your PC license/b.net account or do you need to actually purchase a 2nd copy of the game?

2) Assuming you do need a different copy, can you still use the same account/chars for play on PC and console? I feel like they talked about cross-progression initially which would suggest 'yes' but also recently heard folks talking about even being forced into separate progression on diff. console regions which would strongly suggest 'no'.

3) If you can play the same account/chars, can you do so at the same time? I.e. have one char logged into a PC game and a separate char on the same account logged into a console game simultaneously?

Any Insight from those who have tried and know is appreciated.

Cheers

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Aloha,

Seeing how I've only ever played on PC myself, I have been wondering and figured I'd just ask those of you who happen to use both, PC and a console:

1) Can you install on console based on your PC license/b.net account or do you need to actually purchase a 2nd copy of the game?

2) Assuming you do need a different copy, can you still use the same account/chars for play on PC and console? I feel like they talked about cross-progression initially which would suggest 'yes' but also recently heard folks talking about even being forced into separate progression on diff. console regions which would strongly suggest 'no'.

3) If you can play the same account/chars, can you do so at the same time? I.e. have one char logged into a PC game and a separate char on the same account logged into a console game simultaneously?

Any Insight from those who have tried and know is appreciated.

Cheers
Can't talk about PC so sorry if that is slightly different, but based on having two platforms, I believe the answers are:

1) You need to purchase a new version of the game per platform

2) Yes you can use the same bnet account. This one account can be linked to multiple platforms, however it can't be linked to multiple versions of the same platform (i.e. only one PSN account per bnet account is possible, not two)

3) You can't access the same bnet account simultaneously from multiple platforms

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
OP

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Thanks Janet
I have 2platforms.
1) Yes, you have to buy another game.

2) yes you can play the same characters.

3) Simultaneously, I do not know. Something I don't do, so do not know.
You cannot play the same account simultaneously.

The best part about playing on multiple platforms - the economy is different (but similar) for every platform so the likelihood that you make good trades goes up exponentially.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...