Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   1335 views

Description

Ok, so now that you have all played S1 ladder. Is any of the new rune words worth making before season 1 ends? I haven't made any yet as I was fine playing with my
Blessed Hammer
/ smiter Pali. My understanding is once S1 ends, you will be able to make the new rune words on NL if you made them on S1 L. So for trading purposes on NL, I was wondering if I should learn any of the new patterns before S1 ends. Comments suggestions?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Ok, so now that you have all played S1 ladder. Is any of the new rune words worth making before season 1 ends? I haven't made any yet as I was fine playing with my
Blessed Hammer
/ smiter Pali. My understanding is once S1 ends, you will be able to make the new rune words on NL if you made them on S1 L. So for trading purposes on NL, I was wondering if I should learn any of the new patterns before S1 ends. Comments suggestions?

Please post a trade offer before sending me a friend request.
I'm in the PST time zone, typically available anywhere from 7am to 10pm
It doesn't work this way.

Come S1 end, all current ladder-only runewords will be enabled on non-ladder, no matter if you've created any of them before or not.

As an example, I've never played ladder and I'll be able to create any current ladder-only runewords as soon as the ladder season ends.
OP
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 1 year ago

Come S1 end, all current ladder-only runewords will be enabled on non-ladder, no matter if you've created any of them before or not.

As an example, I've never played ladder and I'll be able to create any current ladder-only runewords as soon as the ladder season ends.
"Blizz has "less clearly" stated that come end of S1, the new runewords introduced with it should also become available as recipes in non-ladder, meaning you can then create new ones as well. They stated that as not guaranteed but their current plan back during the dev stream before 2.4/S1. I don't believe it has been officially confirmed since but it also wasn't denied/publicly pivoted."

So back to the basic question, is any of the new ladder rune words any good? Will any of the new ones be popular like Enigma or CTA or HOTO?

Don't get too hung up on the "recipes" part. This is just their way of saying "you should be able to create them on non-ladder" and has nothing to do with actual in-game recipes. How likely is that the current ladder-only runewords will be enabled on non-ladder? I'd say very, but yeah, it's not 100% confirmed at this point.

As far as I know, Flickering Flame is the only one people care about. The rest seem pretty meh, but I'll let someone who actually plays ladder answer this :)
Flickering Flame in the right druid pelt seems like the BiS with sunder charms coming, conveniently more than making up for the ~75 malus to fire resist from charm.

And thanks to sundering charms, Flickering Flame will be the BiS for pure fire sorc as well. Cold will have
Nightwing's Veil
, lightning
Griffon's Eye
and fire will have Flickering Flame (in any base) making GG rare sorc
Coronet
/
Tiara
/
Diadem
irrelevant.

Of course, this is ladder-only talk for the next half a year or whatever. For non-ladder purposes and no sunder charm, talking about playing as a pure fire anything is, also, irrelevant. :P

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

Schnorki 3152Moderator

PC
zippyzon wrote: 1 year ago

"Blizz has "less clearly" stated that come end of S1, the new runewords introduced with it should also become available as recipes in non-ladder, meaning you can then create new ones as well. They stated that as not guaranteed but their current plan back during the dev stream before 2.4/S1. I don't believe it has been officially confirmed since but it also wasn't denied/publicly pivoted."

So back to the basic question, is any of the new ladder rune words any good? Will any of the new ones be popular like Enigma or CTA or HOTO?
Speaking as the person you quoted there:
ALL is correct. It doesn't matter whether or not you created the runewords on ladder before it ended or even if you played ladder to begin with. They will either be enabled on NL after S1 ends for everyone or they won't be enabled at all. In the first case, it doesn't matter what you do now as you can always make them afterwards (most likely case imo). In the second case, if you create them on ladder now, you still won't be able to make any in NL afterwards but you can keep/trade the ones you made in ladder. Their trading value would obviously go up quite a bit in that case as they'd be the only ones available with no new ones coming in until at least end of S2. I'd still call that unlikely (but possible).

As for your initial question:
Some of the new runewords (e.g. Pattern) are kind of a gap-filler for lvling/gearing and really won't be worth much and aren't all that great if we're being honest. At least not compared to existing options. Some however (mainly Flickering Flame and Obsession in a perfect base) are actually best in slot for certain builds and would hence carry some value. For the most part though, those builds aren't the most popular ones so don't expect everyone to be all over them.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
zippyzon wrote: 1 year ago

Speaking as the person you quoted there:
ALL is correct. It doesn't matter whether or not you created the runewords on ladder before it ended or even if you played ladder to begin with. They will either be enabled on NL after S1 ends for everyone or they won't be enabled at all. In the first case, it doesn't matter what you do now as you can always make them afterwards (most likely case imo). In the second case, if you create them on ladder now, you still won't be able to make any in NL afterwards but you can keep/trade the ones you made in ladder. Their trading value would obviously go up quite a bit in that case as they'd be the only ones available with no new ones coming in until at least end of S2. I'd still call that unlikely (but possible).

As for your initial question:
Some of the new runewords (e.g. Pattern) are kind of a gap-filler for lvling/gearing and really won't be worth much and aren't all that great if we're being honest. At least not compared to existing options. Some however (mainly Flickering Flame and Obsession in a perfect base) are actually best in slot for certain builds and would hence carry some value. For the most part though, those builds aren't the most popular ones so don't expect everyone to be all over them.
Thanks for the explanation Schnorki, makes sense. So it may be worth it to make a few Flickering Flame helms to carry over.

Schnorki 3152Moderator

PC
Personally, I wouldn't bother making any to carry over to trade but if you need/want one on one of your chars, I'd make one on ladder now just to be sure.
Plague is pretty solid if you plan on doing a
Phoenix Strike
assassin. Requires a
Cham
though.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation