Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
61 replies   13847 views

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

mishabg wrote: 2 years ago
I never played a Javazon seriously, does weapon damage not matter for their main skill?
nope, same goes for
Eth
titans. With every
Javelin
thrown (lighting Fury) you do like 1-3k dmg (+ bonus dmg from Infinity, griffon etc).
Javelin
physical dmg is only 127-243 (my Titans). So thats like 2-5% of overall dmg, which is just nothing. If ppl used worse skill Lighting bolt where you convert physical dmg to lighting, there physical dmg on
Javelin
would improve your overall dmg.

But all 3main skills which java using:
1)
Charged Strike
(vs bosses - 2hits on diablo @ p2)
2) lighting Fury (1javelin clears entire screen and a little bit more basicly in every location)
3) melee lightining strike, which works same as lighting Fury with similar dmg, but it takes time for lighting to jump from one enemy to other enemy

all 3skills ADDing dmg to your javeling.

There is only one monster in entire game which takes really few minutes to kill - Cow king and sometimes other Cow boss. But with Infinity and griffon, I feel like
Charged Strike
do more dmg than physical dmg from your
Javelin
- I dont have
Eth
Titans, but there is no multiplier (+39% from
Jab
I dont consider deal breaker). So real dmg difference vs immune will be like 10dmg per hit in physical dmg.

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel

Schnorki 3171Moderator

PC
Holy necro batman.

Anywho, just to add to that/clarify:
Yes, weapon damage matters.
And yes, there is a multiplier (typically, multiple actually) - your actual phys dmg component isn't just 127-243 because that's your titan's dmg, it still gets bumped up by various effects.
But no, it isn't the primary concern.

Both,
Charged Strike
and
Lightning Fury
are first and foremost used for their lightning damage. That part is not affected in the least by base weapon damage. Even more so on "extra mobs": The initial strike hits for both, lightning and physical damage (if it does hit - phys can miss, the light part of
Charged Strike
cannot), the piercing "initial strikes" from
Lightning Fury
piercing your first target also hit for both, the actual charged
Bolts
coming out of a
Charged Strike
as well as the lightning
Bolts
radiating outward from
Lightning Fury
"initial strikes" however solely do lightning damage.

As a result, phys dmg (and hence weapon damage) does matter but only on your initial target (or those in a line behind it if your Fury pierces). Further, if your targets don't have extremely high lightning resistance, the phys component will still be so low (or rather, the lightning effect so stupidly high) that in terms of actual damage done, you'd be hard pressed to spot a difference. That's why javas generally prioritize +skill and +light over simple +dmg (i.e. skillers over dmg charms, facets over ed jewels, no Fortitude, ...).

It does make a very observable difference on very high res and obviously immune targets though. And probably more importantly, you see the (significant) difference in your life and mana leech because that is solely based on the physical dmg done. And since a lot of java builds keep complaining about their mana issues..that's a fairly noticeable thing to buff.

While the skills themselves may not have a multiplier for weapon damage, it does still get multiplied by your various other effects, be that your stat points or for example the extra ED if you're running Phoenix or the like.
yes ofc life stolen and mana stolen matters - physical dmg.

But in term of overall dmg its barely noticeable.

My point was if u throw one
Javelin
into 50cows. Your overall dmg would be in hundreds of thousands.
Eth
titans would improve this number by +/-300dmg. Yes you would leech more life and more mana.

And paying extra
Ist
(or whatever is price for
Eth
titans) is just in my opinion waste of runes.

The only thing what I can justify is to have how
Javelin
looks on your amazon.

And regarding mana issues with Java. Yes I drink like crazy. But if throw 1
Javelin
how many mobs will I kill? 1 jav costs 28,5mana enemies killed by that will 100% drop
Mana Potion
before you throw 10javelins so you still would be in positive numbers regarding mana used and number of potions found.

Imho Java lighting dmg should be nerfed by half (maybe even more) and even that she would have still OP dmg. If ppl wanna play character where u dont have to do anything just hold one button, go
Frenzy
barb.

Imho game should be more challenging to play. Like kicksin, you do traps you Dragon
Teleport
then u kick (activelly using all 3skills). And those characters should be rewarded by higher dmg because its harder to play, not like Java where u TP in the middle of room, u hold shift, circle with cursor around your character while pressing Lighting Fury and everything is dead. And ppl still want to improve that? Why?

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef

Schnorki 3171Moderator

PC
The Flash wrote: 1 year ago
Imho game should be more challenging to play.
Can't argue against that.
The one change I would truly like to see in this game is to make it actually hard. Or at least SOMETHING in it.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Imho game should be more challenging to play.
Can't argue against that.
The one change I would truly like to see in this game is to make it actually hard. Or at least SOMETHING in it.
that would be epic. What I saw on youtube from
Terror
zones it wouldnt be that it would just make farming better, because we wouldnt be forced to run same pits over and over again. I would like to see game with top gear as challenging as if u play your first character ever and you are running in circles in outersteps to
Dodge
everything and collect your corpse. I hope those rumours about act6 would make it possible.

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
holy necrotic bat.

also, OP doesn't know/care about any breakpoints which griffon helps a lot to reach actually.

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
And now the moment we were all waiting for: NotY, Necro of the Year is awarded to @The Flash for the achievement: A child could have been conceive then born in that period!

Congratulations! ;)
crocorinho wrote: 2 years ago
suslik wrote: 2 years ago
I cannot undestend pricing espesially for low Grifon? How it can cost anything?
Please help me with the reason. You can use cheap TL set + 2-3 jewels and you will have -30 lighting resistance and excellent parameters for a very low price...
Excuse me but what is a TL set?
I would also like to know what a TL set is, please?
AmiableCelt wrote: 1 year ago
crocorinho wrote: 2 years ago
suslik wrote: 2 years ago
I cannot undestend pricing espesially for low Grifon? How it can cost anything?
Please help me with the reason. You can use cheap TL set + 2-3 jewels and you will have -30 lighting resistance and excellent parameters for a very low price...
Excuse me but what is a TL set?
I would also like to know what a TL set is, please?
Maybe a wrong abbreviation of
Tal Rasha
set?

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
Tetra wrote: 1 year ago
And now the moment we were all waiting for: NotY, Necro of the Year is awarded to @The Flash for the achievement: A child could have been conceive then born in that period!
I really have no clue how to take it. Care to explain meaning?

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef

louner 197

Europe PC
Tetra wrote: 1 year ago
I really have no clue how to take it. Care to explain meaning?
You revived 9 months old topic :D

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
A "necro" is a person who unearth an old and forgetten forum thread, sometimes the OP owner has not be seen active for months!
So the "necro" is just talking to no one at this point and it's seen as a bad practice.
Instead the person should have just made a new forum thread (if what he/she had to say have value in and of itself).
But we are nice community, so we prefer to jest about it, instead of punishing or insulting the person who made that mistake, so he/she can learn to not make it again without feeling too bad about it.
if "noty" means thread was already "dead". I noticed that after I made comment and start new conversation in this dead topic. And I didnt want to delete it.

Also if @Tetra doesnt wanna talk in forum, then dont. Joining any conversation for the only reason that its the latest one, just to point out that others are "whatever you think" makes you look stupid as small spoiled kiddo (I dont think thats true, but its the internet so in the end anyone can be 9years old kid).

And I found out this thread because it was recommended by this very website to me. So if i understood it correctly ur meaning of "noty" it goes to web admistrators for suggesting 9months old dead topic to users to continue conversation.

The only way how to join any thread is by clicking here (I have never clicked on "visit forum")): I really dont know this website well. Except trades (and I still think I am using like 60% of website's features) I really click only on links I see on the right side of the screen of this website. Maybe it was shown in "random entries". But again "noty" goes for web administrators.

I dont want to get any "reward" for just clicking on link which was shown to me by some else.

Your comment is classic example of "how to start fight in internet discussion":
1) write comment
2) wait
and we are here

And isnt it funny? You mocking me for talking in dead chat and yet I started conversation anyway. So it seems ppl enjoy talking in "noty" threads. Same as you. You joined this chat too :D

Have a nice day ;)

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef

Schnorki 3171Moderator

PC
Nothing wrong with a necro if the necroing adds value to the discussion. Especially in a case like this where the underlying question/discussion continues to apply to many a newer player's trains of thought.

That having been said, there's (at least) 3 ways to get to topics in these forums:

1) Hit 'Forums' at the top of the page which takes you to the full forum with topics sorted reverse chronologically by last entry as they should be (excluding stickies of course).

2) 'Latest Discussion' on the right hand side which is basically the same list as the forums would give you except only the top 5 and without stickies forced to the top.

3) 'Similar pages' at the bottom of any forum entry. This is where the necroing mostly happens because there's no date-relation between those and what you're viewing. The similarity is judged by content, not by timestamp.

Now less fighting and back to Griffons (or topic Death) so as not to derail this entirely. :D

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
Despite explain it, it seems I haven't been understood :(
min max game is expensive my dude, when you have the extra runes why not?

Necrarch 1599Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Don't worry, THe Flash, necro-ing an old topic can happen to anyone (sure I did it a couple of times myself).

We are just very gently teasing you about this, don't feel attacked or badly mocked. Tetra, from what I saw on the forum is more on the "very friendly player" side. :)

Cheers and Peace, week-end in coming ^^ !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
I just sold a 20/15 griffon with a 5/5 lvl up facet for 22
Jah
runes and a lower griffon. On north America xbox non ladder
What in the necromancy is this?

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
lostcart wrote: 9 months ago
I just sold a 20/15 griffon with a 5/5 lvl up facet for 22
Jah
runes and a lower griffon. On north America xbox non ladder
Congrats. Rich for life!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...