Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
20 replies   7613 views

Description

Hey ho forum!

Browsing through the trade section I found that certain sc are worth quite a lot. Browsing through my stash I picked the two that seemed most "worthy" and offered them in the trade sectiion. One have me
Ohm
+
Mal
+
Mal
and the other gave me an offer for
Ko
+
Lem
. To me they seemed worth both the same.

Since I am obviously wrong, what stats are actually the ones that give a sc some weorth?

Thanks!

knightfall

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey ho forum!

Browsing through the trade section I found that certain sc are worth quite a lot. Browsing through my stash I picked the two that seemed most "worthy" and offered them in the trade sectiion. One have me
Ohm
+
Mal
+
Mal
and the other gave me an offer for
Ko
+
Lem
. To me they seemed worth both the same.

Since I am obviously wrong, what stats are actually the ones that give a sc some weorth?

Thanks!

knightfall

louner 193

Europe PC
The combination of those properties (prefix + suffix):

Prefix:
+3 max damage / +20 attack rating (Fine) - worth a lot
5% all res (Shimmering) - worth a lot
11% some specific res (
Ruby
Sapphire
, Amber,
Emerald
) - worth something

^ - those prefixes are worth something on their own, but much less than with a Suffix

Suffix
+5% faster hit recovery (of Balance)
+7% better chance of finding magic items (of Good Luck)
+20 life (of Vita)
+3% faster run walk (of Inertia, this one is worth the least)

For example "Shimmering Small Charm of Good Luck" (+5% all res +7% mf) would be worth a lot, etc.
Also the price differs greatly depending on rolls. For example +2max damage +15 attack rating +10 life would be worth about
Ist
, +3max damage/20 atttack rating/20 life is about 20
Ber
+ :D

Some people also use use high elemental damage small charms, but they are far less popular.

here r some combinations i know:

fine of vita/balance/good luck/winter/incineration/thunder/storms/pestilence
hibernal/flaming/arcing/shocking/toxic/pestilent of vita/balance/good luck/winter/incineration/thunder/storms/pestilence
serpents of vita/balance/good luck
shimmering/
Sapphire
/
Ruby
/amber/
Emerald
+ vita/balance/good luck

with at least prefiix or suffix with high/highest roll of course. if both....

Image...ladder also
if online, contact me via bn chat for fast trade or negotiations after placing reply here.
If u need help with SCNL "Socket" quest, ubers or waypoints, feel free to contact me. Will gladly help.
OP
louner wrote: 1 year ago

Prefix:
11% some specific res (
Ruby
Sapphire
, Amber,
Emerald
) - worth something

^ - those prefixes are worth something on their own, but much less than with a Suffix

Suffix
+20 life (of Vita)

For example "Shimmering Small Charm of Good Luck" (+5% all res +7% mf) would be worth a lot, etc.
Also the price differs greatly depending on rolls. For example +2max damage +15 attack rating +10 life would be worth about
Ist
Ber

Some people also use use high elemental damage small charms, but they are far less popular.
So it als ends up being about hitting the high percentage, right? So e.g. my Stell Small Charm Of Fortune has +35 attack rating but only 5% mf (instead of 7%) and my Fine Small Charm Of Good Luck has +7% mf - but only +1 max damage and 14 attack rating. "Combined" they would be worth something?

louner 193

Europe PC
knightfall1985 wrote: 1 year ago

Prefix:
11% some specific res (
Ruby
Sapphire
, Amber,
Emerald
) - worth something

Suffix
+20 life (of Vita)

Ist
Ber

So it als ends up being about hitting the high percentage, right? So e.g. my Stell Small Charm Of Fortune has +35 attack rating but only 5% mf (instead of 7%) and my Fine Small Charm Of Good Luck has +7% mf - but only +1 max damage and 14 attack rating. "Combined" they would be worth something?
Yeah, the price grows exponentially the closer you are to a perfect percentage roll. Low roll can be a
Ko
, perfect roll of something might as well be a
Ber
:) This is how it goes with most of items in this game. For example 198ED
Valkyrie Wing
=
Pul
-
Ist
, 200ED
Valkyrie Wing
=
Ohm
-
Lo
. Same with charms

a very old thread [2005] but lots of info

https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads ... ly.403178/
Good Ol Dii.net

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
I see it was a Sapphire Small Charm of Good Luck with 7% MF that got you
Ohm
+ 2
Mal
. What got you an offer of
Ko
+
Lem
?

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
OP
I can't say anymore, I forgot to bump the trade.

I just got an offer for both of the ones mentioned above for
Mal
+
Um
Are these charms really that useful? That's what I never understand, is it really worth a
Ber
to get just +3 max damage and +20 life? Seems mad to me, but then I don't really understand this game, I just enjoy killing stuff. :)

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

louner 193

Europe PC
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
Are these charms really that useful? That's what I never understand, is it really worth a
Ber
to get just +3 max damage and +20 life? Seems mad to me, but then I don't really understand this game, I just enjoy killing stuff. :)
If you have a bowazon for example and you pack the entire inventory with them you can get few thousand damage per shot more after skill multipliers. So it depends on how much you like playing a certain character. I think there are no clear goals in this game after you clear all the content, so it might as well be something like that if that is entertaining to you (farming, trading, exchanging stuff etc to get those charms :P).

Ber
    If you have a bowazon for example and you pack the entire inventory with them you can get few thousand damage per shot more after skill multipliers. So it depends on how much you like playing a certain character. I think there are no clear goals in this game after you clear all the content, so it might as well be something like that if that is entertaining to you (farming, trading, exchanging stuff etc to get those charms :P).
    I guess it depends where you're at in the game, I've never found a
    Ber
    so when I do I sure as heck ain't trading it for 20 life and +3 damage!

louner 193

Europe PC
      Ber
      I guess it depends where you're at in the game, I've never found a
      Ber
      so when I do I sure as heck ain't trading it for 20 life and +3 damage!
      I think you need at least 20
      Ber
      to attempt to get that 3/20/20 SC. :P After you get Infinity, Enigma etc and you are still not bored with the game you aim for stuff like that. Some people enjoy killing stuff more, some people like the trading aspect of the game.

The upshot is, I need to go and look at my charms properly to see if I can get some runes, sod the charms :)

Necrarch 1486Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
      :)

What also makes charms, especially small ones, valuable, is that they are needed by every class. Resists, fhr, frw, stats, life and mana, mf... everyone wants them !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
      Annihilus
      / Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
      Along with 290, 313, and 451 poison damage small charms, 3/20/20s really became popular back in the day through duping and the PvP scene. It just so happens that they matter in PvM as well, whereas the same can't be said of the poison charms.

Traders and collectors place an exponential premium on perfection. A 3/14/17 is not functionally any worse than a 3/20/20 in PvM and the life part matters a little in PvP, but it's much more affordable in a trade than the 3/20/20.

Some people say that super high-level perfect items aren't worth using for yourself if they can net much more in a trade to get many times more value in gear that you can use to further enjoy the game. Other people take pride in having and using holy grail items, min-maxing to the extreme, or just don't feel like dealing with the hassle of trading.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
      Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
      Spoiler
      The upshot is, I need to go and look at my charms properly to see if I can get some runes, sod the charms :)
      Didn't have much that looked too good to me. One +5 all res but the suffix was just fire damage so it's probably not great. Will see what I can get for anyway, out of interest!

@louner any chance you can do a similarly concise summary of what to look for in grand charms? Or a link to somewhere?

Necrarch 1486Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
      Grand charms are usually about +skills + some useful suffix (life/balance/inertia...)
      Exception would be the melee ones that can also be useful (+ar/+damage/+maiming suffix).
      As for skills, most are useful, some very looked after (paladin combat, sorc light/fire, necro p&b...), some have no value (necro curses, pala def auras...).

Last thing, large charms are suboptimal so widely ignored... but if you're not rich they can be obtained for far less than the two corresponding small charms.

Of course we don't speak of unique charms (
      Gheed
      / Torch / Anni that everyone wants once)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
      Annihilus
      / Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
      So poison small charms are useless as a result of WW barbs popularity taking a nose dive.

There was a time in D2's storied history where WW barbs are Gosu. For every barb - there was a sorc.

Offer if price not stated
      Mines wrote: 2 years ago
      If you like health,
      String of Ears
      is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
      wat woud a 4 all rez small charm be worth in ladder HC?

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...