Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   3755 views

Description

Recently I got an email from [email protected] that my account was banned for violating the rules.

I never used bots, cheats or something like that. Most of the time I played solo, so even couldn't get conflicts with other players and complaints.
I even didn't play Diablo for a few days and just got in the game today to kill the DColne in Ladder in Asia. My character waited on the map for hour or so. Got 18/18/10 anni and ban. Really mad about the situation.

I saw the message on the forum post2778282.html#p2778282 about other ban. Is it a mass problem? Are there any other banned players?
Description by zeleboba

Can be used to make Runewords:

Recently I got an email from [email protected] that my account was banned for violating the rules.

I never used bots, cheats or something like that. Most of the time I played solo, so even couldn't get conflicts with other players and complaints.
I even didn't play Diablo for a few days and just got in the game today to kill the DColne in Ladder in Asia. My character waited on the map for hour or so. Got 18/18/10 anni and ban. Really mad about the situation.

I saw the message on the forum post2778282.html#p2778282 about other ban. Is it a mass problem? Are there any other banned players?
Getting banned for having done nothing is highly unlikely, but if you believe that this is the case, you can always appeal.
OP
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 1 year ago
Getting banned for having done nothing is highly unlikely, but if you believe that this is the case, you can always appeal.
Yep. Trying to appeal. Because I just played and trade with guys from this and some other forums.

The most suspicious thing could be MSI Afterburner + Riva Tuner Statistics Server to see overlay with my GPU/CPU current state. Nothing more.
Or maybe macros for casting BO from CTA is the reason? It was W+F7+F8+W binded on Mouse Button 4.

Lots of identical runs are tipical for diablo. It's about grinding. But even the runs are a bit different depending on the situation. Sure they can't look like like bot usage.

I thought that it's maybe some kind of bug after the patch, and there are also players that suffered the same.
zeleboba wrote: 1 year ago
Or maybe macros for casting BO from CTA is the reason? It was W+F7+F8+W binded on Mouse Button 4.
That can be considered a tasker, which is a bot.

Slapping me on discord might be faster.
I'm from Europe.
it was for the macros, sorry to say, blizz considers them against TOS, "any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality." you're not the first person to get the boot for them that I've read about. I'd use them too because I have MS, so my hands are super slow, shaky and unresponsive, but I'm not gonna test my luck with trying to fly under the radar.

ps that other message you saw was a joke about how all players were banned for daring to use the patch, everyones online characters stopped showing up for about 30 minutes yesterday.

ATTENTION: I WILL BE MOVING ON JUNE 30TH, ALL TRADES WILL BE PAUSED. FIBER WILL BE INSTALLED ON JULY 5TH, IF YOU PLACE AN OFFER BETWEEN THOSE DAYS I WILL NOT SEE YOUR BIDS UNTIL JULY 6TH.
That really sucks. Hope they're willing to give you a 2nd chance! Let us know if they show any mercy..

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Deng, that is disappointing to hear :( I do hope that you are able to get back on and play again.
zeleboba wrote: 1 year ago

Pretty sure it was that.

ALL MY TRADES ARE NON-LADDER

"ARGHHHHHHH, FRESH MEAT"
OP
Guys, thanks for the ideas.

I got the answer for the appeal that violation was confirmed and Blizzard firmly bans the account. They don't name the reasons.

So let my experience be a warning to all who uses or planned to use macroses while in game.

Still it sounds really stupid in my opinion. I even bought my Steelseries mouse specially for D2R because of it's abilities and it's special tenacious switches to save my working Logitech. We have to click a lot in Diablo :) And Steelseries/Asus/Cooler Master and other producing gaming peripherials are encouraging users to use their native drivers with macros support etc. That's some kind of absurd.

ShadowHeart 1557Moderator

Europe PC
I'm not sure how I feel about banning of macros. I don't use macros myself, but I totally understand how convenient (and advantageous) they could be. But Blizzard may as well just outright ban gaming peripherals, no? I mean, what's the point in fancy gaming peripherals that allow macros and such if you're not allowed to use those special features they provide.

Does other online games ban macros? I don't have much experience with online gaming besides D2/D2R.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
If you bought your "fancy gaming peripherals" solely for the macros, you did it wrong and should've just installed auto-it or something for free. There's more to gaming gear than just macros.

That having been said, Blizz aren't the only ones banning you for using macros. Or more specifically for automation of any kind. Plenty of companies have done that since day 1. I obviously have no idea how complex the macros you used were and I also have little clue as to how strict Blizz in terms of what is "too much" but yeah, the concept isn't a new one.

Some macros (capabilities differing by company/drivers), if used well, can take you extremely far in many games and could damn near be considered botting. In some cases, they pretty much pull even with that.
Banning for that...no surprise and nothing wrong with it.

Simple "buff me" macros on the other hand..same concept but obviously a much, much smaller offense.

Though especially earlier on, even such simple macros made quite the difference in that they basically gave you access to quick cast and comparable functionality, back when that wasn't a game feature yet. And you'd be hard pressed to argue that quick cast didn't make a significant difference in your performance for quite a few builds.

ShadowHeart 1557Moderator

Europe PC
You could make the argument that macros could make the game more accessible for people with disabilities, but that aside, I find myself agreeing with everything you wrote, Schnorki. I have never really put much thought into macros, as I don't use them myself.

A thought - some gaming mice have (designed for MMOs I think?) have a crazy amount of buttons that you can designate as various in-game hotkeys. If you, for example, were to assign three adjacent keys to pretty much accomplish the same thing as the macro zeleboba mentioned, you could probably pull it off much quicker than with the usual keyboard+mouse combo, but that would be within the TOS?

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
You could make the argument that macros could make the game more accessible for people with disabilities, but that aside, I find myself agreeing with everything you wrote, Schnorki. I have never really put much thought into macros, as I don't use them myself.

A thought - some gaming mice have (designed for MMOs I think?) have a crazy amount of buttons that you can designate as various in-game hotkeys. If you, for example, were to assign three adjacent keys to pretty much accomplish the same thing as the macro zeleboba mentioned, you could probably pull it off much quicker than with the usual keyboard+mouse combo, but that would be within the TOS?
As long as you manually hit each button and each such manual hit performs only one in-game action (i.e. button =
Key
, not button = 2 keys) then yeah, that should be in line with everything. That's actually how I used to play back in the olden days, due to some weird driver issues with early "gaming" mice forcing me to pretend my mouse buttons were keyboard keys.

I absolutely agree on the accessibility part. Sadly, much as that would be a good thing, the same thing that makes it more accessible for those that may need it can also easily go too far for everyone else. "Too far" obviously always being subjective.
Maybe something should be sticky about this? I can imagine a lot of people using macros for things like buffs. I used to use a mouse for COD (waaaay back) with a 3 button burst in single player and would have used it still if it didn't break.

It seems like something so innocent to do without realizing you're breaking TOS

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
OP
That's how the story ends. I had to spend some money on the new Battle.net account. I was quite active player before, so I had some fg on the other forum, so I could buy all the previous equip but with quite low stats and still need to get Infinity + Enigma somehow. But the first rune dropped to me in the first 10 minutes in game in
Arcane Sanctuary
was
Sur
! I'm getting closer to the goals :)

I have again the challenges in game. That's not bad really :)
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
If you bought your "fancy gaming peripherals" solely for the macros, you did it wrong and should've just installed auto-it or something for free. There's more to gaming gear than just macros.
No, I didn't buy it for macros. In the past it wasn't rare thing for me to see that my primary working mouse has doubleclick or something like that. And Diablo requires tons of clicks. So I decided to buy gaming one which has specially designed switches to be durable enough.

The macros was just: swap weapons, cast
Battle Command
, cast Battle Order, swap weapons back.

Quick cast is really good. I got used to i very fast when it was inroduced.

Now I binded skills to mousewheel up+mousewhell down. So W+scrolling+W is fast enough to replace the macros. And that should be legal, because I remember the time when they broke mousewheel bindings and then fixed them back after lots of complaints.
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
I hope that binding on mouse button 5 or mouse button 4 is not prohibited. Because the game allows to do it throught the control settings menu. It reckognises the buttons and gives you that ability. If not they should allow using only mouse 1, mouse 2.
I dont think the mouse button bindings would be prohibited since my mouse 5 button was already binded to open the character stats sheet. I use the mouse bindings for like opening a Town Portal, or toggling loot names on or off and also opening the
Horadric Cube
which opens my inventory as well (love this change in this patch). But these are also one action bindings.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...