Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   1860 views

Description

I can't send "k" in the game chat after the latest update. It shows up as "!" instead as if it's censored. Is this a bug or a deliberate thing for some reason? :D It also censors "kkk", but this one I get. I don't get "k". Did someone else also notice this?
Description by louner

Can be used to make Runewords:

louner 197

Europe PC
I can't send "k" in the game chat after the latest update. It shows up as "!" instead as if it's censored. Is this a bug or a deliberate thing for some reason? :D It also censors "kkk", but this one I get. I don't get "k". Did someone else also notice this?

I doubt it, but the politically correct suppression has been active surreptitiously.

For example: "Few things could tempt me to go up against the Children of Zakarum and their midget minions."

Spoken by
Natalya
, referring of course to the Flayer type monster. In D2r it quietly became:

""Few things could tempt me to go up against the Children of Zakarum."

They just snipped it off. I hope that D4 retains the D2 aesthetic with respect to evil. In D3, whatever butchery they tried to show looked like a bad children's drawing. Laughable. In D2, the carnage is realistic and Bone chilling, evidence of sexual violence, cannibalism, etc, all over the place.

In a word, evil. And you feel it, genuinely. The Durance of Hate made me nauseous, which frankly was perfect for immersion. You know you are facing a great evil and are motivated to oppose it or die trying.

Sorry, I hijacked that a bit for a censorship. The PC habit of elevating 'not giving anyone offense' to the highest value makes me sick. Art and truth are constantly under attack by this inanity.
OP

louner 197

Europe PC
Inethil wrote: 1 year ago
Sorry, I hijacked that a bit for a censorship. The PC habit of elevating 'not giving anyone offense' to the highest value makes me sick. Art and truth are constantly under attack by this inanity.
No problem. :D

Can someone pls check if you can send the letter "k" in chat? Or is it just me? xD I mean a single "k" that is used instead of "ok", not in a sentence or a word. I tried with a friend and we both got "k" censored to "!"

Can confirm the phenomenon you're mentioning. Amusingly enough, "kk" goes through just fine; "kkk" gets censored (for obvious reasons).

[PC — SC Ladder — UTC+1]
Open to haggling. Add me if offering BIN.
Perfect Gems
and Shape Shifting GCs are also accepted.
OP

louner 197

Europe PC
Damn, I hope it's a mistake and the letter K is not canceled for some reason.

Likely, they put the hammer down on anything smacking of hate speech, so ... kkk. Yup.
in light of recent events, sesame street will no longer be partnering with the letter K.
Would 'KKK' even need to be censored? Like how many children are playing D2R... we're all adults. Plus that's how you laugh in Portugese text.
the letter k is *very* pointy!

ATTENTION: I WILL BE MOVING ON JUNE 30TH, ALL TRADES WILL BE PAUSED. FIBER WILL BE INSTALLED ON JULY 5TH, IF YOU PLACE AN OFFER BETWEEN THOSE DAYS I WILL NOT SEE YOUR BIDS UNTIL JULY 6TH.
The Bulgarian word for "book" is "книга", which translates into "kniga" if using the Latin alphabet. In World of Warcraft, this was always coming off as "k%&*!" for remotely obvious reasons :D I could never write about any books to my Bulgarian friends...

Asha 343

Sorceress Europe PC
Well, I named my ladder pala "Jungo". With all that politcorrect absurd, I just can't miss any opportunity to kick that censure, if possible. One way or another.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...