Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   8834 views

Description

Does anyone know what this is? I thought it was like 10% for all essences, I farmed Andy for a while and she was dropping double essences like every 3rd kill (on players 5)

I want to try some new builds so I’ve been farming
Baal
for his essences, again on p5, but they seem to be dropping waaay less.

Today I did maybe 30 runs with zilch!

Is there an optimal players level to farm these or did I just run into a bad run of rng?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 532

Switch
Does anyone know what this is? I thought it was like 10% for all essences, I farmed Andy for a while and she was dropping double essences like every 3rd kill (on players 5)

I want to try some new builds so I’ve been farming
Baal
for his essences, again on p5, but they seem to be dropping waaay less.

Today I did maybe 30 runs with zilch!

Is there an optimal players level to farm these or did I just run into a bad run of rng?

Asha 343

Sorceress Europe PC
One thing I noticed bout essences: these are droppin regularly when you're not farmin em 🙂 Don't know how it works, but if you hunting the boss thinkin "cmon, drop me that essence" - he won't. So my advice is - "stop thinking about White monkeys" 😉
my assumption is that it is the same rate as keys, 1/16, but I have no basis for this

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
The rate is relatively high, sitting at 1:12.1 on P1 (or 1:10.5 if you're still catching the quest ^^).

P3 (or P8, no difference) takes that to 1:11 so not really too much better.

Source:
maxroll drop calc.

Khegan 376

From
Baal
's drop table on Basin:

Non-quest TC
No Drop = 15
Gold = 5
Equip B = 52
Junk = 5
Good = 3

Although Basin doesn't list them, essences are in a group of their own at a weight of 1. We have 1/81 with 5 picks.

Now we break it down:

1/(5×(80/81)^4×(1/81)^1) = 1:17

Not consistent with maxroll, but then again, I don't know their drop calc formula.

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Khegan wrote: 1 year ago
From
Baal
's drop table on Basin:

Non-quest TC
No Drop = 15
Gold = 5
Equip B = 52
Junk = 5
Good = 3

Although Basin doesn't list them, essences are in a group of their own at a weight of 1. We have 1/81 with 5 picks.

Now we break it down:

1/(5×(80/81)^4×(1/81)^1) = 1:17

Not consistent with maxroll, but then again, I don't know their drop calc formula.
Afaik,
Baal
has 7 picks, not 5. AB also lists it as such.

So that's a 1-(80/81)^7 chance of at least one essence or 1 in just over 12 which in turn is fairly close to maxroll, with the difference possibly explained via rounding along the way.

Khegan 376

Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Afaik,
Baal
has 7 picks, not 5. AB also lists it as such.

So that's a 1-(80/81)^7 chance of at least one essence or 1 in just over 12 which in turn is fairly close to maxroll, with the difference possibly explained via rounding along the way.
I suppose this is where maxroll differs. The "5 picks" is the sum of all sub-TCs (Gold, Equip B, Junk, Good, & Essence), so it's in a different context from the number of drop cycles.
I do 10 solo
Baal
runs everyday. and I don't get an essence everyday. and I rarely get 2 in those 10 runs. 1:17 sounds about right.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation