Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
65 replies   26894 views
2

Description

5

Can be used to make Runewords:

7
i dont see the cheating, it was bad programming on blizzards part.

those mofos stole my perfect bases with runewords i don't need.

all in all it's funny cauz bases can be duped and won't even poof, same for duped+cubed runes :D

i guess my point is blizzard sucks, dupes existed back then and exist now so as expected they fucked it up again.

Add me on bnet for fastest response.
Non ladder only Player.
7
strange that they would do that with this bug/glitch when other glitches/bugs are taken advantage of every day.

this does feel like a clear decision to keep the creation of these runewords strictly for ladder only even after the ladder ends. they mentioned In their 2.4 discussion video that they were planning on unlocking these runewords, but that it wasnt a final decision.
7
double post. site broke for me last night as I attempted to post.
7
Tetra wrote: 2 years ago
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 2 years ago
This is exactly what my Pattern claw was - a perfectly legitimate base item, socketed with three perfectly legitimate runes.
No, it was not.
It doesn't matter if the base components are legit, the RW is one single item, and it had nothing to do in non-ladder.

You wanted to keep the base?
You should have
Hel
cube it after trying it.

You wanted to keep the base and the runes?
You shouldn't have exploited the glitch to begin with: that just cheating.
And no one will be sorry for a cheater's loss.
So in your mind, a solution like invalidating the runeword and reverting the item back to its gemmed state is not even an option?

You seem to be forgetting that we are customers of Blizzard. A company shouldn't be "punishing" its customers like this. Instead, it needs to be finding elegant solutions to the problems it has created itself.
7
User avatar

Tetra 183

Paladin Europe PC
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 2 years ago
Tetra wrote: 2 years ago
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 2 years ago
This is exactly what my Pattern claw was - a perfectly legitimate base item, socketed with three perfectly legitimate runes.
No, it was not.
It doesn't matter if the base components are legit, the RW is one single item, and it had nothing to do in non-ladder.

You wanted to keep the base?
You should have
Hel
cube it after trying it.

You wanted to keep the base and the runes?
You shouldn't have exploited the glitch to begin with: that just cheating.
And no one will be sorry for a cheater's loss.
So in your mind, a solution like invalidating the runeword and reverting the item back to its gemmed state is not even an option?

You seem to be forgetting that we are customers of Blizzard. A company shouldn't be "punishing" its customers like this. Instead, it needs to be finding elegant solutions to the problems it has created itself.
Blizzard should soften it's blows against cheating?
Blizzard should give back gemmed items?
Blizzard should give back the runes too?
Blizzard should reactivate gemmed items into RWs after ladder S1?
Without any lasting consequences, even if you break the rules of the game?
So next time there is a glitch, you will be embolden to exploit it too?

How far does it have to go?

People who run bots by the dozen are "customers" of Blizzard too.
Those "customers" have found ways to make working bots, it's Blizzard's fault too?
Blizzard should find "elegant" solutions against them but never ban anyone?
Never punish anyone who exploited their mistakes?
Just because they paid they can break the rules at their will?
Giving Blizzard money justify anything?

I'm astonished by the amount of denial found here.
To compare this to others "exploits" (I wont open this discussion here) to even justify it...
Just get over yours loses already.
7
Tetra wrote: 2 years ago
Blizzard should soften it's blows against cheating?
Blizzard should give back gemmed items?
Blizzard should give back the runes too?
Blizzard should reactivate gemmed items into RWs after ladder S1?
Without any lasting consequences, even if you break the rules of the game?
So next time there is a glitch, you will be embolden to exploit it too?

How far does it have to go?

People who run bots by the dozen are "customers" of Blizzard too.
Those "customers" have found ways to make working bots, it's Blizzard's fault too?
Blizzard should find "elegant" solutions against them but never ban anyone?
Never punish anyone who exploited their mistakes?
Just because they paid they can break the rules at their will?
Giving Blizzard money justify anything?

I'm astonished by the amount of denial found here.
To compare this to others "exploits" (I wont open this discussion here) to even justify it...
Just get over yours loses already.
All I lost was a Pattern claw I made for the fun of it. In this sense, I don't care care. I am just not happy with the way Blizzard addressed the problem. That's all.

Blizzard shouldn't soften its blows against cheating. Blizzard should rethink the way they go about fixing things they broke themselves.

Yes, invalidating the runewords, leaving the gemmed items behind would have been the most elegant decision on their part.

The people who run bots are clearly breaking the ToS, so your example is irrelevant. They must be banned, regardless of the fact that they've purchased the game.

There is no denial anywhere, this exploit has nothing to do with others that require 3rd party tools (think duping /
Ith
items of the past, phased items, White items, etc.). It's pretty much the same as grushing or skipping Khalim's quest on 2.4. All one needs to do is exploit the way the game has been programmed to work. Do you reckon Blizzard should also go after the people who have skipped Khalim's quest since 2.4 was supposed to prevent this from happening? Come on now.
7
I fully expected Blizzard to POOF the items after what happened to my doomed Infinity. Essentially, I created one out of a
Stygian Pike
when they supposed it turn it on for spears on 2.4. However, there was some bug on their side and had to do a server-side fix. Miraculously, it turned my gemmed stygian into an Infinity. But after joining a new game, the Infinity went POOF. Blizzard always does whatever is the path of least resistance to fix their bugs.

My time zone is UTC -8 (PST)
7
Here’s the most important part folks! Many instances of these runewords will be hitting NL soon anyway. All the Ladder botters and RMT platforms (two sides of the same coin) will consume all their runes to make juicy valuable exclusive runewords so they can sell them on NL as soon as the Ladder chars roll over.

So yes, if they are allowed to exploit and control the RW market I will absolutely “exploit” as well on NL myself directly, just to give the middle finger to the botters.

Fix ladder before worrying about NL shenanigans.
7
I made Plague non ladder but glitch doesn't work anymore. I'll take it for reset, hoping for a reroll.
7
User avatar

Teebling 6351Admin

Europe PC
Alessandro_d2 wrote: 2 years ago
I made Plague non ladder but glitch doesn't work anymore. I'll take it for reset, hoping for a reroll.
So this got patched guys right? You can't create L-only items in NL now?

7
User avatar

ShadowHeart 2336Moderator

Europe PC
Correct (now patched out of the game). And it seems all the ones people had already made on NL poofed.
This post was marked as the best answer.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
7
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Alessandro_d2 wrote: 2 years ago
I made Plague non ladder but glitch doesn't work anymore. I'll take it for reset, hoping for a reroll.
So this got patched guys right? You can't create L-only items in NL now?
Base and runes are gone. It's not fair imho
7
Blizzard® End User License Agreement
Source: https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal/fb ... -agreement
Section 1.C.ii.1

Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:

cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard (whether accomplished using hardware, software, a combination thereof, or otherwise), influencing and/or facilitating gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;
Section 10.B.ii.

Blizzard reserves the right to terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason, or for no reason, with or without notice to you. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most Account suspensions and terminations are the result of violations of this Agreement. In case of minor violations of these rules, Blizzard may provide you with a prior warning and/or suspend your use of the Account due to your non-compliance prior to terminating the Agreement or modifying or deleting an Account.
Legally speaking, all users agreed that Blizzard could terminate their accounts for exploiting this bug.
7
Hopefully no one on either side is worried about laws, it’s just funny for a company to ignore major profiteering abuse while having zero tolerance for…normal players actually dropping legit runes into legit bases lol.
7
User avatar

Gunar 35

Amazon PC
cristobal03 wrote: 2 years ago
...
It's super-clear the new runewords aren't avalilable in nonladder yet. ...
I guess that's where the pro Blizzard fraction isn't quite right here.

If you aren't too involved in say a community like this and you are just doing your thing, like looking up rune words on this very site. Go on and hover over -> Mist <- and no, it's NOT "super clear" to me, that this is a forbidden* rune word for my NL char.
I might even google up (for some ten minutes even) on that "Ladder only" issue and guess what: I will get something like "Yay, Ladder-only runewords are now available in NL and SP too!".

* Forbidden not like in "Oh damn, I lost those runes" But rather "Oh, I lost my base too and apparently I should be very grateful they didn't erase my account".
7
Gunar wrote: 2 years ago
cristobal03 wrote: 2 years ago
...
It's super-clear the new runewords aren't avalilable in nonladder yet. ...
I guess that's where the pro Blizzard fraction isn't quite right here.

If you aren't too involved in say a community like this and you are just doing your thing, like looking up rune words on this very site. Go on and hover over -> Mist <- and no, it's NOT "super clear" to me, that this is a forbidden* rune word for my NL char.
I might even google up (for some ten minutes even) on that "Ladder only" issue and guess what: I will get something like "Yay, Ladder-only runewords are now available in NL and SP too!".

* Forbidden not like in "Oh damn, I lost those runes" But rather "Oh, I lost my base too and apparently I should be very grateful they didn't erase my account".
I will happily wait for anyone to link to any source, whether Google, YouTube, whatever, that claimed both, "Ladder runewords available NL now," AND, "This is Blizzard's intent and legitimate (not a bug)."

Please, take your time finding that.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
7
User avatar

Gunar 35

Amazon PC
forums/ladder-runewords-uniques-pandemo ... t3564.html

Please, don't let us get any more finicky.
Since this specific item deletion the web is of course brimming with that specific information.
7
User avatar

Tetra 183

Paladin Europe PC
Gunar wrote: 2 years ago
forums/ladder-runewords-uniques-pandemo ... t3564.html

Please, don't let us get any more finicky.
Since this specific item deletion the web is of course brimming with that specific information.
:facepalm:

So people think a 9 months old post (one month older than actual D2R release) is refering to the new Runewords introduced in patch 2.4 instead of the D2 LoD Runewords?

Edit: this is for you, actual, up-to-date, from Blizzard - Ladder now live patch 2.4 Runewords section
7
moonlit wrote: 2 years ago
RIP magezon until Mist is back. At least my roll was garbage and I used a cheap base.
Well, Ice is still better for a magezon anyway though. Faith is still better for physical bowzon.

Mist is a nice one to make that doesn't take 2 high runes.
7
User avatar

Gunar 35

Amazon PC
Tetra wrote: 2 years ago
Gunar wrote: 2 years ago
forums/ladder-runewords-uniques-pandemo ... t3564.html

Please, don't let us get any more finicky.
Since this specific item deletion the web is of course brimming with that specific information.
:facepalm:

So people think a 9 months old post (one month older than actual D2R release) is refering to the new Runewords introduced in patch 2.4 instead of the D2 LoD Runewords?

Edit: this is for you, actual, up-to-date, from Blizzard - Ladder now live patch 2.4 Runewords section
*facepalm*
If you are actually too slow to follow my argumentation, I'm sure there are people thinking exactly that.
9

Advertisment

Hide ads
999

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

99

Who is online

Users browsing Forums: doubluu, krathkor, scholles and 51 guests.

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads
 

 

 

 

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation