Common Blizzard, do something!
Make walk more costly, and introduce a way to destroy
Annihilus
in bulk like the very item use to make
Annihilus
in the first place.
Like a recipe for sockecting an item like
Larzuk
, permanent price reduction for gambling in someway, or just a character reset, using an
Annihilus
as consumable...
Or
Annihilus
while becoming the cheapest unique in the game at the end of ladder, when all those unsalable charm will flood the only market where there are still worth something

TLDR:
Market is FUBAR, Please Fix Blizzard
Description by Tetra

Can be used to make Runewords:

Tetra 178

Paladin Europe PC
3 weeks into ladder and I have seen price as low as
Lem

It's like a Smiter Crushing Blowing price every week now, since 2.4 release
Market cant substain decent price with more than 1 walk per week
In ladder, lowest priced unnid
Annihilus
sold for just a freaking
Um
, meanwhile it's worth an
Ohm
in non ladder

Common Blizzard, do something!
Make walk more costly, and introduce a way to destroy
Annihilus
in bulk like the very item use to make
Annihilus
in the first place.
Like a recipe for sockecting an item like
Larzuk
, permanent price reduction for gambling in someway, or just a character reset, using an
Annihilus
as consumable...
Or
Annihilus
while becoming the cheapest unique in the game at the end of ladder, when all those unsalable charm will flood the only market where there are still worth something

TLDR:
Market is FUBAR, Please Fix Blizzard
Why does the price need to be high though? It seems fine if the prices keep dropping. There are other ways to accumulate capital in D2R and
Annihilus
price was just being buoyed by artificial scarcity.
I'd much rather see everyone and their grandmother having access to anni's somewhat easily, than go back to the way it was before, that's for sure...

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
While I honestly don't care much about the price (not that I didn't massively cash in on the early runs though), I'm inclined to agree that it has become too common.

I never thought I'd say that as I honestly expected folks to be much more stingy with their SoJs but I guess if streamers can buy 125 SoJs for less than what the resulting DClone stream then nets them in ad revenue, it makes sense.

Price..don't care. But the event itself has become much less 'special'. Albeit also much less stressful since everyone knows up front now, everyone and their mom has like 5 smiters ready to jump on pugs and the rate of return on trying to race them to it has become so low (even more so with Asia lag) that it is hardly worth it either way.

Wouldn't limit it TOO much though. After all, an Anni is essentially a semi-high end lvling item so keeping it out of everyone's hands until they're basically done and finally manage to farm one via some super complex/expensive method doesn't make sense either. Plus for anything other than lvling, it is arguably worse than a torch so why should it necessarily be more rare/more expensive?
I like that everybody can get an anni and that it is a community event, but i im with you that annis should be consumable somehow (e.g. for runequest) so the lowest price on the market worth selling is an
Ist
-> everybody can get one themself if strong enough (and dia clone isnt that strong) and getting a perfect one takes time or investment.

atm ppl continue farming and dont even join clone runs cause its not worth it
maybe the days of an anni as a community event are over and blizzard should build a brutal questline to get one.

ok ok, I had to laugh while typing that

While its true that we never expected this frequent of dclone walk frecuency, man I can't help but compare it to the state of Annis before 2.4 patch was rolled out.

Multiboxers will buy SOJs like crazy and then proceed to do killing events in secret with 10s of accounts, to then try to cash in for real money or other currencies.

I am just glad I can help people get their first anni, and this may be the memorable think this ladder, as a community synchronized in order to make it happen.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
My only request from bliz is allowing us to cube 3x anni for a chance of a random anni )

Good way to purge annis :) and at least give players incentive to farm annis and , doing so should help anni price as players would want to buy annies to have their chance at 20/20/10.

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
To me it just surfaces the differences in the single regions. Where as hardly someone who has to rely on the EU market was able to popp in Asia it seems like Soj's lyieng around everywhere. So I think the way those streamers are able to collect SoJ need a closer look.

Deleted User 632 0

all these dclone trackers probably have a big impact on anni prices too. but i think it's fine considering how short the ladder is. and if bots are getting IP and HWID ban. then surely plenty of them will think twice about doing it again next ladder.

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Aegis200 wrote: 1 year ago
While its true that we never expected this frequent of dclone walk frecuency, man I can't help but compare it to the state of Annis before 2.4 patch was rolled out.

Multiboxers will buy SOJs like crazy and then proceed to do killing events in secret with 10s of accounts, to then try to cash in for real money or other currencies.

I am just glad I can help people get their first anni, and this may be the memorable think this ladder, as a community synchronized in order to make it happen.
Oh, it definitely beats the prior implementation of secret societies hands down.

And I genuinely loved helping people get their first anni. But honestly, looking at the last few days of walks, I keep assisting the same people over and over because there's noone new left. So it largely shifted from "help people get their first anni to truly improve their loadout" to "help the same people get their 5th+ anni that they don't need and that isn't worth anything anymore either. Kind of a bummer at this point.

y2kid 109

PC
Yea I agree with Schnorki here. I know me and xSD have also been helping quite a bit on the first events but honestly with all these **dedicated players** (bots) farming so many SoJs people have stopped caring about anis or DC walks or anything. I don't even bother checking if there will be one and people rarely contact me about getting their DC killed, unless it is the same old people that are hoarding their 10th+ ani yeah. While I agree something should be done and this is way better than before, I'd just like the devs to investigate the suspicious amount of anis on ladder compared to NL. Sure, players might care more about this more but also... let's face it ladder is more profitable (for the RMT people mainly) than NL so they are running all their dedicated ani searching *cough* methods on ladder. So having an investigation to make sure these are legit would be a nice start.

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
Make the annis crafting materials (sockets for rare weapons), along with the
Standard of Heroes
, and that will for sure work.

With regards to the SOJ farming, I have no clue how they are procuring this many SOJs, as it took me roughly 1200 runs on NM andy to get one.

Travincal
got me 2, after like 2k runs or so, albeit with 500 mf.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

y2kid 109

PC
Aegis200 wrote: 1 year ago
Make the annis crafting materials (sockets for rare weapons), along with the
Standard of Heroes
, and that will for sure work.

With regards to the SOJ farming, I have no clue how they are procuring this many SOJs, as it took me roughly 1200 runs on NM andy to get one.

Travincal
got me 2, after like 2k runs or so, albeit with 500 mf.
Takes them probably the same amount, except they are "playing" 24/7 and with 100 alts. So a SoJ every 15 minutes or so... Now suppose there's 10 of these honourable players working together for the good of the community and solely to promote their "fansite". That is a SoJ every 90 seconds across all of them :shrug: mystery solved.

Oh yea and these people sponsoring the walks are such philanthropists they are sharing their Wealth with the community all the time and not expecting any (in-game) items or currency in return. What a bunch of good fellas.

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
CT-Trades wrote: 1 year ago
Why does the price need to be high though? It seems fine if the prices keep dropping. There are other ways to accumulate capital in D2R and
Annihilus
price was just being buoyed by artificial scarcity.
Well the price isn't really the main issue here, the price is just the symptom;

The reason why the price is getting so low, is that everyone and their mom have 5 annis already.

So even if you don't consider the pricing, the thing is that the Diablo event is supposed to be a big deal...

But when everyone has annis, it's not that big a deal anymore. Sure you can still hope for a perfect/near perfect to make bank, but if you're left hoping for a 1% chance of a valuable item, it's not that 'epic' of an event anymore.

(Hell, I've even seen a near perfect go for any sorc torch some time ago... So even a near perfect isn't better than an item you can farm at will - just takes times).

I think an event that cost a hundred SoJ to spawn, an event that's currently the "big thing" in the game, should mean more than just
- Oh,
Uber Diablo
!
- I hope I get a 20/20/10 this time!
- ...No, I didn't.
- Whatever, back to farming stuff I guess.

But if the value keep going down the drain, that's all it's gonna be.
And that's a bit sad.

There's probably no way to increase the price much now (for those who want to use it - they already have one) but there might be a way to increase it's overall value;
As other commenters have pointed, there could be something to do with Annis, i.e. use them in a crafting recipe, something like that.
If there was a use for them, then people would be excited again when the event happens. Either they'd use it for the recipe, or they'd sell it to someone who will; Everyone wins!

But without any other use for them... I currently have like 14 I think, and maybe 1 of them has some value, which means that 13 out of the 14 runs gave me absolutely nothing.
The 'big event' in the game should be more than '1 time out of 14 you get a little something'.

One might say it's a little ironic, but
Diablo Clone
was added to the game to get rid of SoJs... But with the new spawning system, the game will be overrun with Annis now. So, perhaps we need something to do that would get rid of annis? While giving people (anni farmers, AND wealthy players) something new to do!
At this point I think that 1 SoJ for one Anni is not bad idea AKA sell a soj - spawn private DClone.

Markets in general are overflown with stuff... probably produced by bots or duping. Only selling trough third party currency is beneficent from that effect.

I personally stopped selling anything to lowballs. Either I trade item for item or I look for actual newbies and work for my karma.
All these walks people talk about and I can't seem to be around in my 5 hours a day to see one. IDK what everyone's complaining about I mean I guess if you have all day and the ability to sit and trade for a market then sure it sucks for them to be useless. I've put in an unhealthy amount so far and unless I'm actively chasing, which I did, once for a few hours and still didn't see one. I mean we can all sit here and see it from OUR POV but there's a much bigger picture for everyone and even still new players aren't going to be able to see
Uber Diablo
and may have to rely on the fact that it gets low enough. I agree that it's too much, but the old system had problems even if this new one not much better.

Time i'm most active 03:00am - 06:00am UTC on occasions 02:00pm-07:00pm
Theoutrank wrote: 1 year ago
All these walks people talk about and I can't seem to be around in my 5 hours a day to see one. IDK what everyone's complaining about I mean I guess if you have all day and the ability to sit and trade for a market then sure it sucks for them to be useless. I've put in an unhealthy amount so far and unless I'm actively chasing, which I did, once for a few hours and still didn't see one. I mean we can all sit here and see it from OUR POV but there's a much bigger picture for everyone and even still new players aren't going to be able to see
Uber Diablo
and may have to rely on the fact that it gets low enough. I agree that it's too much, but the old system had problems even if this new one not much better.
I've got 5 working from home so far and 3 were from 9am to 5pm so yeah, way easier if you always have access to your game.

https://armlesswunder.github.io/

I don't do trades for less than
Pul
. I accept T or H keys as well.

Bisu 364

PC
Every time I came across discussions like this, I feel a little bit sad.

It is obvious that there are still a lot of people care for this game, and wants it to get better. A lot of ideas/suggestions are quite sensible, with some of them being QoL feature requests, such as utilizing some in-game items to provide a new socketing mechanism, etc.

Yet as far as I can tell, Blizzard isn't gonna listen to the community, let alone taking any actions. It's likely in their mind, all these are just "not on the roadmap", or "out of scope", however they want to phrase it.
To be honest it kind of feels like the whole market just took a huge dip over the past week, not just Annis (Although, they've been hit the worst).

Whereas a week ago I had to pay out the ass to buy items like
Tal Rasha
's armor/Ammy as well as Sorc
Hellfire Torch
, now i'm struggling to sell them for much less than i bought.

Trying to accumulate Wealth to the ultra high runewords has become seemingly impossible because nothing is worth anything anymore. Trying to get a
Ber
/
Sur
/
Lo
/
Jah
for anything has become an exercise in frustration because theres' almost nothing of value to farm and trade with the exception of those few HRs.

Usually buying Perfect Amethysts,
Ral
runes, and
Junk Jewels
in bulk. Inquire for current prices.

Looking for + Elemental Skills // Life GCs

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation