47 replies   14649 views

Blizzard ought to do something with the Annihilus as this point

No data yet

Description

Description by Tetra

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3017Moderator

PC
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I believe the current rate of anni influx (or something close to it) is actually a good thing.

Mind you, I still kind of dislike how it makes the event itself a lot less "special" but speaking purely in terms of the resulting charms and their resulting value, this may be a blessing in disguise.

The reason I'm saying that is because the sales prices of annis since 2.4, prior to this avalanche in ladder, was frankly just silly. I went into 2.4 having spent the time since release getting all 7 of my chars to full BiS (minus a handful of charms which were simply never available but that finally got solved in ladder trading). Honestly, speaking in D2 terms, that was already stupidly fast imo. And yet, since 2.4, purely in annis, I made enough to re-gear every single one of them twice over. And that's despite gifting away quite a few of them.

Creating that much of a disparity between "has a smiter" and "doesn't have a smiter" or "has time to be there for most walks" and "has a normal 9 to 5 job and isn't in home office anymore" or frankly even "lives in Europe" (if you look at walk timing) is honestly a bit stupid and has me thinking that my no longer getting massive (but still noticeable) income from further annis while everyone and their mom can now fairly easily afford a decent one is really not a bad thing at all.

I do and will always believe that "more time invested" should equal "more gear/advantage gained" but that should be (and remains) the case for things where I myself actually do invest the time (actual farming, ubers, ...) - not for things where I just happen to be flexible while others sell SoJs and I really didn't do jack squat for it.

So with all that in mind..I'm torn. I want the event to be more special again, while still not preventing most of the casual playerbase from ever seeing it, but I also honestly don't really support pushing annis back to their original value (though I think we all know they will return to it, at least for the first few walks of S2). And that's coming from someone who quite possibly made more off of annis than 99.9% of all other non-multiboxers. I, too should have to put in some sort of work for my income.

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
mishabg wrote: 1 year ago
One might say it's a little ironic, but
Diablo Clone
was added to the game to get rid of SoJs... But with the new spawning system, the game will be overrun with Annis now. So, perhaps we need something to do that would get rid of annis? While giving people (anni farmers, AND wealthy players) something new to do!
What if vendoring 150 annis would spawn a double-Dclone and he would drop an Uber SoJ?

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
I can hardly wait for all those ladder annis to transition over to non ladder and you can get amazing ones for dirt cheap.
Rasalom wrote: 1 year ago
I can hardly wait for all those ladder annis to transition over to non ladder and you can get amazing ones for dirt cheap.
i saw an asia farmer selling annis for 2
Tir
runes.... on ladder.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I believe the current rate of anni influx (or something close to it) is actually a good thing.

Mind you, I still kind of dislike how it makes the event itself a lot less "special" but speaking purely in terms of the resulting charms and their resulting value, this may be a blessing in disguise.

The reason I'm saying that is because the sales prices of annis since 2.4, prior to this avalanche in ladder, was frankly just silly. I went into 2.4 having spent the time since release getting all 7 of my chars to full BiS (minus a handful of charms which were simply never available but that finally got solved in ladder trading). Honestly, speaking in D2 terms, that was already stupidly fast imo. And yet, since 2.4, purely in annis, I made enough to re-gear every single one of them twice over. And that's despite gifting away quite a few of them.

Creating that much of a disparity between "has a smiter" and "doesn't have a smiter" or "has time to be there for most walks" and "has a normal 9 to 5 job and isn't in home office anymore" or frankly even "lives in Europe" (if you look at walk timing) is honestly a bit stupid and has me thinking that my no longer getting massive (but still noticeable) income from further annis while everyone and their mom can now fairly easily afford a decent one is really not a bad thing at all.

I do and will always believe that "more time invested" should equal "more gear/advantage gained" but that should be (and remains) the case for things where I myself actually do invest the time (actual farming, ubers, ...) - not for things where I just happen to be flexible while others sell SoJs and I really didn't do jack squat for it.

So with all that in mind..I'm torn. I want the event to be more special again, while still not preventing most of the casual playerbase from ever seeing it, but I also honestly don't really support pushing annis back to their original value (though I think we all know they will return to it, at least for the first few walks of S2). And that's coming from someone who quite possibly made more off of annis than 99.9% of all other non-multiboxers. I, too should have to put in some sort of work for my income.
while i would be incline to agree with you. there is nothing stopping you from trading with people on the asia server. the asia market is so flooded with annis they are going as cheap as 2
Tir
runes. i really only like them for the resists i do however feel that the current system is not ideal and needs improved.
Selling them for 2
Tir
each is more than what I was taking in for many of them at the end of season 1. I was giving away all of them where attributes + resists < 30.

I have a fair amount of hypothetical/unrealized in-game wealth tied up in untraded mid to mid-high annis if anyone still wants them on non-ladder, and I haven't even offered up my better ones yet.

Suggesting that ATVI do anything about anything is a fool's errand at this point. This game will live and die by their negligent management, so that means the DClone walk is, on average, a more-than-once-daily event on ladder going forward with most players never having to lift an SOJ, and the
Annihilus
will be as integral to all characters' inventories as a Scroll/
Tome of Town Portal

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
OP

Tetra 178

Paladin Europe PC
I think people will offer more for a
Tome of Town Portal
on ladder right now.
StarTempler wrote: 1 year ago
Rasalom wrote: 1 year ago
i saw an asia farmer selling annis for 2
Tir
runes.... on ladder.
I am giving like 5annies away in "free item" game every week. (lately there are mostly ladder walks so yeah I just throw them on the Ground in ladder).

I actually think to add free annie to any of my trade via this website. And those annies like 20/20/x well they still have value
Ber
plus, but after year of playing I accumulated some kind of Wealth and
Ber
for my 20/20/9 is not worthy for me to sell.

Last walk I found 16/17/10 I will probably throw it on the Ground (I need to check my non ladder characters if it will be improvement or not, if not then it will be given away). Next season I will make budget smiter just to get annies ;)

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...