Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
19 replies   10023 views

Description

Alright, now that we know how DClone mechanics are going to change in 2.4, I figure why not start taking bets on what the average value of a
Stone of Jordan
will be moving forward.
For the purpose of this topic, I'm talking about the value of a non-ladder SoJ, say a month after 2.4 (I'd assume it'll have mostly stabilized by then).

First person to comment with what ends up being the closest answer wins!
(Please do remind of that a month after the patch though ^^)
The prize..I haven't come up with yet but I'll think of something.

Personally, I'd guesstimate roughly
Vex

Adding a poll as well just for the sake of curiosity.

Edit:
If prices are still far from stable a month out, I'll add another month before checking for a winner.
Description by Schnorki

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3276Moderator

PC
Alright, now that we know how DClone mechanics are going to change in 2.4, I figure why not start taking bets on what the average value of a
Stone of Jordan
will be moving forward.
For the purpose of this topic, I'm talking about the value of a non-ladder SoJ, say a month after 2.4 (I'd assume it'll have mostly stabilized by then).

First person to comment with what ends up being the closest answer wins!
(Please do remind of that a month after the patch though ^^)
The prize..I haven't come up with yet but I'll think of something.

Personally, I'd guesstimate roughly
Vex

Adding a poll as well just for the sake of curiosity.

Edit:
If prices are still far from stable a month out, I'll add another month before checking for a winner.
Ohm
. People still need them for their characters.
My bet would be in the
Ohm
+
Vex
range.

At
Vex
it would be worth less than a 5LL BK (which itself goes for about
Vex
+
Ist
, rarely for up to
Ohm
it seems) and more people play as casters.

At
Ohm
it would seem right but the addition of extra
Vex
on top is there for the reason that everyone will be trying to get dclone to spawn when it actually becomes feasible to do so without jumping through hoops.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
OP

Schnorki 3276Moderator

PC
Queegon wrote: 2 years ago
At
Vex
it would be worth less than a 5LL BK (which itself goes for about
Vex
+
Ist
, rarely for up to
Ohm
it seems) and more people play as casters.
True. Though for a lot of caster builds, mana tends to not be an issue in the end, making BK the preferred choice over SoJ for them, just to get the extra life.

My thinking was that in terms of function, it competes really only with BK and ends up the less sought after version of it, in addition to not being subject to "needs to roll well!" rule. That'd put it somewhere around or just below a BK3. Adding a bit of value back in for the occasional DC spawn then brings it back up to
Vex
in my mind.

Then again, if multi-boxers still buy the hell out of it just to do some off-time no-load asia spawns or something to minimize the market impact and keep their anni trade going..it'd just stay above
Sur
either way.
Excuse me for being ignorant. What is changing about Dclone mechanics? Easier to spawn / less costly to spawn? I have not see this yet
Also, I just traded my soj for
Lo
+ 2
Vex
+ 2
Ist
without being bartered up. Idk what to think about the price anymore.
Gul
to 2
Ist
okay for me. :)

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!

Teebling 5983Admin

Europe PC
Frosty 8er Nugs wrote: 2 years ago
Excuse me for being ignorant. What is changing about Dclone mechanics? Easier to spawn / less costly to spawn? I have not see this yet
See this post: forums/new-diablo-clone-mechanics-revealed-t852811.html

TLDR; he is becoming a region-wide spawn. Players will get messages indicating the rough progress towards the
Diablo Clone
event in their region. There was nothing in the blue post that suggested that Blizzard had any intention of fixing the multiple clients per IP issue, so multiboxers + easier coordination per region means a lot more
Diablo Clone
are going to be walking the earth.

What that will do to 2.4 non-ladder prices is anyone's guess.
Stone of Jordan
will be in higher demand after 2.4 hits as people want to see Dclone walk, so that might drive up prices if supply isn't meeting that demand. It think it might also depress prices for
Annihilus
when loads of them suddenly become available as a result of more walks happening.

Cool idea btw Schnorki.

i just jump in to say fuck soj its usefulness doesn't do its price justice, I'm happy if it goes down to what price bracket it should belong (eg with bk) after 2.4 and yes never drop a soj (but neither I ever dropped a bk)

Teebling 5983Admin

Europe PC
weegee wrote: 2 years ago
i just jump in to say fuck soj its usefulness doesn't do its price justice, I'm happy if it goes down to what price bracket it should belong (eg with bk) after 2.4 and yes never drop a soj (but neither I ever dropped a bk)
I think some of the template code showed through on 2.4 PTR and it just said 'item' in the place where
Stone of Jordan
should have been.

To me as a programmer that indicates they have set a variable or constant there and maybe.. maybe that means they might set that variable to a different item for Dclone in the future :P

OP

Schnorki 3276Moderator

PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
weegee wrote: 2 years ago
I think some of the template code showed through on 2.4 PTR and it just said 'item' in the place where
Stone of Jordan
should have been.

To me as a programmer that indicates they have set a variable or constant there and maybe.. maybe that means they might set that variable to a different item for Dclone in the future :P
Or it was just part of that general "make it more vague!" approach. :P
I would think SoJ price would go up, since theyd be more useful for the general public in next patch. More people will be able to benefit from selling, rather than just those who have to put in a ton of work to coordinate all for a single IP.

Guessing closer to a
Sur

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
OP

Schnorki 3276Moderator

PC
Zero187 wrote: 2 years ago
I would think SoJ price would go up, since theyd be more useful for the general public in next patch. More people will be able to benefit from selling, rather than just those who have to put in a ton of work to coordinate all for a single IP.
I'm actually quite curious to see how that plays out.

If you find an SoJ and just don't need it (and it isn't worth too much), then sure. Might as well sell it.
But assuming it does stay high in value, would you ever actually go out of your way to buy one for
Sur
or whatever, just to vendor it on the off-chance that you're lucky enough for that vague progress message to leave you close enough to still see the walk before you have to go, rather than just sell and then miss it because it takes another 6 hours, despite being on the last progress message?
Even more so since you know you can just as well sit there and wait for someone else to add that extra SoJ and not pay anything?

Coordinated runs would be significantly easier so the "buy-in Principle" you have now would remain. But I do genuinely wonder how many folks would buy into those at a higher SoJ price, knowing that you'll get a spawn in all games at the same time without officially ever joining that run.

It remains an interesting social experiment. :)
I'm expecting the number of anni drops to go way up. So anni prices should go down, and the value of a soj should go down with it.

In the long run, BK does seem like it should have a higher value than soj, and it seems like it's harder to find.

Bisu 374

PC
I'm curious as to how often coordinated Anni farming will happen, and how long it will last. It may run out of steam if the price keeps going down, then stay quiet for a while until there's enough demand again.

Personally I'd wish they change the trigger item to UGC or something that people are more likely to vendor. The threshold can be set higher in that case.
OP

Schnorki 3276Moderator

PC
Well, there is a distinct drop happening. Although it hasn't carried over to the asking prices here too much yet it seems.

SoJ games don't instantly get crowded with everone and their mom anymore (i.e. demand died down massively) and I've seen a few go between
Vex
and
Ohm
in-game by now (including 2 to me for
Cham
each..even though I'm still being called a lowballer for offering that same in-game pricing here for the last 2 I still need :)).

Curious to see where that all ends up stabilizing.

Th3ory 445

Paladin Americas PC
Consider the value of SOJs on Hardcore which is where I exclusively play. A whole different ball game given the smaller player base and now with the new DClone mechanics, HC is isolated from SC. As we all know in LoD, you would wait for NL IP's to rotate into ladder and selling would trigger for both SC + HC simultaneously on that IP server.

OP

Schnorki 3276Moderator

PC
To be fair, that was always a bit silly and rather defeated the point of different game modes being otherwise isolated.

Kudos for exclusively playing hardcore though..ugh..I lost so many HC chars to lags, bugs and crashes back in the olden days, I'm never touching that game mode again in any game ever.

Th3ory 445

Paladin Americas PC
Yes, it was a backdoor obviously to locate rotated IP's and leveraging NL SOJs then into ladder pops. Hardcore is certainly not for the faint of heart. Or as I like to say, Si Vis Pacum Parabellum :: If You Want Peace, Prepare for War(th3ory) :P

OP

Schnorki 3276Moderator

PC
Can't fight much of a war against a random disconnect tho. :p

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...