166 replies   24758 views

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

3/6 EU legit? Edit: no...
OP

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Nope. The 2/6 EU now is legit though. Let's see if it keeps moving from there.. :)
Can you please help me to kill dclone? I can't do it alone. Platform PlayStation. EU.
lots of trolls using the dclone tracker
OP

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Rainper wrote: 1 year ago
Can you please help me to kill dclone? I can't do it alone. Platform PlayStation. EU.
What game mode is that? EU is still at stage 2 atm. :o
First off I would like to say thank you to everyone who set up the DClone tracker. Yesterday I got my first kill of D2R. I previously traded some SOJs to get in on a run but either it was a scam or too many people were given the IP and I couldnt get in on it, I feel the old way was kind of junk.

Something I noticed, once DClone invades no one else can join the game, I tried using a mule account that I rushed to Hell so I could get another shot at an
Annihilus
but after I killed him with my main, it would not let me join that game. Its probably a good idea to do it this way, otherwise everyone would do it. I'll make a smiter on that account that can take him down at relatively low level.
OP

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Dimefox wrote: 1 year ago
First off I would like to say thank you to everyone who set up the DClone tracker. Yesterday I got my first kill of D2R. I previously traded some SOJs to get in on a run but either it was a scam or too many people were given the IP and I couldnt get in on it, I feel the old way was kind of junk.

Something I noticed, once DClone invades no one else can join the game, I tried using a mule account that I rushed to Hell so I could get another shot at an
Annihilus
but after I killed him with my main, it would not let me join that game. Its probably a good idea to do it this way, otherwise everyone would do it. I'll make a smiter on that account that can take him down at relatively low level.
Not sure what exactly was preventing you from getting in but it wasn't DClone.
You can still join games that have him spawned both, while he's still there and after he was already killed.

Exhibit A:
Folks here having helped others kill him (which they obviously couldn't have done had they been prevented from joining).

Exhibit B:
After the run I missed for being AFK in the wrong region yesterday, I actually later still stumbled upon a pug game that by some miracle still had him up as noone had killed him. Also wouldn't have been possible if it prevented joining.

If you limited games to be unjoinable after he spawns, you're basically saying people aren't allowed to help and by extension saying that everyone who plays a class/build that can't kill him just isn't allowed to ask for said help to get their own anni. That'd make for a bit of a harsh limitation.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Dimefox wrote: 1 year ago

Annihilus
Not sure what exactly was preventing you from getting in but it wasn't DClone.
You can still join games that have him spawned both, while he's still there and after he was already killed.

Exhibit A:
Folks here having helped others kill him (which they obviously couldn't have done had they been prevented from joining).

Exhibit B:
After the run I missed for being AFK in the wrong region yesterday, I actually later still stumbled upon a pug game that by some miracle still had him up as noone had killed him. Also wouldn't have been possible if it prevented joining.

If you limited games to be unjoinable after he spawns, you're basically saying people aren't allowed to help and by extension saying that everyone who plays a class/build that can't kill him just isn't allowed to ask for said help to get their own anni. That'd make for a bit of a harsh limitation.
Thats good news, I must have done something wrong on my side. It was a lvl 1 account that had been rushed to Hell.
OP

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
FYI: Asia SC Exp just moved to 3
Shall see if it keeps going..
Rainper wrote: 1 year ago
Sorry, I don’t have a PS otherwise I would have hopped over.
Is it legit? I’m not online but will get on if it is.

Deleted User 632 0

people wrote that it took forever to get from 2 to 3
OP

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Azer-Archon wrote: 1 year ago
Is it legit? I’m not online but will get on if it is.
Legit in the sense that it went from 2 to 3, yes.
But nothing happened since so it isn't a quick walk by any means. Seems the Asia server population is actually slowly trickling in SoJs over time (hence 2 to 3 already having taken forever). Much like Europe went to 2 and then got stuck as well.
pipeysh wrote: 1 year ago
Yes...I had to correct it few times.
Perhaps, we should allow few trusted users to change the status until we have a better solution.
OP

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
zilonka wrote: 1 year ago
Perhaps, we should allow few trusted users to change the status until we have a better solution.
Give it some time.

I dare say a lot of those trolls aren't actually intentional trolls but rather people looking at it the first time, going "oh, what's that progress button?", possibly followed by a rather ignorant "I wonder if this will change the status in my game, too!". They'll look through that once. Maybe twice, who knows. But that is bound to dwindle down after a bit of a learning curve.

That same amount of time also gives Teeb a fair bit of log data, meaning one can trace who actually messes with it as well as who even contributes in general (members vs. guests) and an educated call can ultimately be made as to how to best limit it ("voting progression" vs. members only vs. contributers only vs. ....).

Arbitrarily restricting it to say "contributors only" now will inherently also reduce the number of reports (possibly very significantly), in turn running the risk of making it useless. The current "wide open" approach in that case would be the lesser of two evils as it at least allows for self-correction.

Yes, the trolls are annoying. I'm not arguing that. But it is a Brand new tool for what is essentially a new game mechanic. Give folks a bit of time to get used to things and to settle down.
Give it some time.

I dare say a lot of those trolls aren't actually intentional trolls but rather people looking at it the first time, going "oh, what's that progress button?", possibly followed by a rather ignorant "I wonder if this will change the status in my game, too!". They'll look through that once. Maybe twice, who knows. But that is bound to dwindle down after a bit of a learning curve.

That same amount of time also gives Teeb a fair bit of log data, meaning one can trace who actually messes with it as well as who even contributes in general (members vs. guests) and an educated call can ultimately be made as to how to best limit it ("voting progression" vs. members only vs. contributers only vs. ....).

Arbitrarily restricting it to say "contributors only" now will inherently also reduce the number of reports (possibly very significantly), in turn running the risk of making it useless. The current "wide open" approach in that case would be the lesser of two evils as it at least allows for self-correction.

Yes, the trolls are annoying. I'm not arguing that. But it is a Brand new tool for what is essentially a new game mechanic. Give folks a bit of time to get used to things and to settle down.
Understood, Captain.
Give it some time.

At the very least it should require multiple reports to change status.

Saying that changing it "risk of making it useless" doesn't make a lot of sense given that it already is practically useless. Well over 99% of reported movements are fake reports.
Give it some time.

not when you see multiple realms, all changed 28 seconds ago, 15 seconds ago, 2 seconds ago, from their appropriate 2 value to 4/5/6/ values. Can't call that innocent ignorance.
OP

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Naturally, there's a distinction between "not all" and "none".

I guess we can all agree that trolls blow and there is some room for improvement. How and when to best do that..TBD.
Maybe update the tracker to also show which user updated it last and their trust level/post counts. Maybe also a public historical transaction log of when/who updated

My time zone is UTC -8 (PST)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...