Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   3473 views

Description

Hi All,

Got bored of cows/ Chaos and wanted to do some trav runs. Trouble is, my load time is slowing me down a fair bit. Averaging 1 min 20 seconds a run of which 25 seconds is loading screen...

My pc is a little older, its a laptop with a 3GB Geforce 970M graphics card, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5700HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processes, 8GB of RAM and 2x 128GB SSD drives (combined into one drive for speed).

My load times in D2R are as follows:
New Game: 17-20 Seconds (this is through lobby)
Waypoint (same act): 4-6 Seconds
Waypoint (between acts): 5-10 seconds

I looked at some online videos and some people are getting <1 sec load times between waypoints...

I went through some guides to minimise this, downloaded latest drivers adjusted video settings right down etc. but couldn't really get the load times to budge much at all.

Just wondering what other peoples load times are, particularly if they have similar spec'd pcs or any other tips/ hints to speed this up for me...

Thanks in advance.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi All,

Got bored of cows/ Chaos and wanted to do some trav runs. Trouble is, my load time is slowing me down a fair bit. Averaging 1 min 20 seconds a run of which 25 seconds is loading screen...

My pc is a little older, its a laptop with a 3GB Geforce 970M graphics card, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5700HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processes, 8GB of RAM and 2x 128GB SSD drives (combined into one drive for speed).

My load times in D2R are as follows:
New Game: 17-20 Seconds (this is through lobby)
Waypoint (same act): 4-6 Seconds
Waypoint (between acts): 5-10 seconds

I looked at some online videos and some people are getting <1 sec load times between waypoints...

I went through some guides to minimise this, downloaded latest drivers adjusted video settings right down etc. but couldn't really get the load times to budge much at all.

Just wondering what other peoples load times are, particularly if they have similar spec'd pcs or any other tips/ hints to speed this up for me...

Thanks in advance.
SSD instead of HDD works quite a bit better. I assume that's what you've been seeing.

The load times were noticeable even on a higher-end desktop PC when loading from HDD.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
OP
Thanks yeah I have 2 SSD's in SATA so that should not be the problem... I'm not really sure what is...
Hi, i have the same load times, even with M2 SSD...

Add me if i win
OP
reserve wrote: 2 years ago
Hi, i have the same load times, even with M2 SSD...
Thanks glad to hear its not just me...

Did just find out that you can swap weapons/ hot keys and cast prebuffs in loading screen.

Saves a couple of seconds when you get out at least haha.
Yeah, my loading times are awful as well. I'm on an Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, 420GB SSD and Radeon R9 270X. The game feels rather unoptimized.

When I was doing
Travincal
runs, I was getting halfway across the bridge during the loading screen :D
OP
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 2 years ago
Yeah, my loading times are awful as well. I'm on an Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, 420GB SSD and Radeon R9 270X. The game feels rather unoptimized.

When I was doing
Travincal
Oh wow you can move as well. Just managed to telly half way there (from waypoint). Thats awesome, not even lost time if i figure it out right haha

Thanks for tip!
RMac85 wrote: 2 years ago
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 2 years ago

When I was doing
Travincal
Oh wow you can move as well. Just managed to telly half way there (from waypoint). Thats awesome, not even lost time if i figure it out right haha

Thanks for tip!
Hahaha, you're quite welcome :)) I was teleporting right inside the temple by the time that loading screen was over. Once you get the timing right, it's child's play. In any case, these loading screens should not be that long at all, especially on pretty decent hardware.
load screen lag is a known bug, it was mentioned during the D2R Dev Update Stream last December that they are looking into it:

--
Available for trading on PC and Switch. Let's deal, my friend.
Yea load times can kill. RIP for those HC characters that use the
Frigid Highlands
wp.
Same here. I had the game Installed in a Samsung 860 Evo SSD and had long loading screens (not 25 secs of course but definitely around 5 secs)

Moved the game to a significantly faster SSD (WD SN750) and noticed no change whatsoever. I wonder what the bottle neck is.
Don't think of it as "loading screens"

Tell yourself it's "take a sip of my beer and grab a couple fire hot cheetos time"
The operating system is loaded by default by various processes that automatically open when the PC is turned on. The system is even more loaded after installing various programs, and most of them work with auto-updaters.
There are also a bunch of processes like printer detection. If there is a small idea of what and how, then a direct road to the processes, deactivate or put on a manual start. If not, it's better not to go there and clean the system using Tuneup and Auslogics BoostSpeed.
However, be careful not to format your disk; otherwise, you will have to resort to HARD DRIVE RECOVERY. Although reinstalling the software is also a good idea to optimize resources.
I have a recent Samsung 980 Pro (But just on a pcie 3.0 bus) and have similar load times, at least between acts. So It might not be SSD speed but a good old single threaded cpu bottleneck where nothing can be done about it except for blizzard optimizing their code.
D2 levels before Resurrected loaded instantly. Now my loading times are significantly longer too, because all these high quality Resurrected models must load.

My loadings are faster than yours though i have 5 years old mid-end PC with Ryzen 1600, GTX 1060, 16GB 3200mhz Ram and SSD. Same act is about 1-3 seconds, between acts is about 3-6 seconds.

Keep in mind that laptops are usually weaker for games than desktop PC.

Anyway that's the price we pay for Resurrected visuals.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...