Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   1856 views

Description

I used base for fort which was 849
Eth
plate Armor and that thing not even reach 2.5k.
So what the number bases used for making def 3000+ ?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I used base for fort which was 849
Eth
plate Armor and that thing not even reach 2.5k.
So what the number bases used for making def 3000+ ?
That can't be done on D2R bnet anymore. If you're referring to something you saw in a stream, for example, then it was very likely a character or drop copied over in single player from a pre-D2R save. There used to be a bug--well, still exists if you play legacy LOD--called "
Eth
bug." You can find better descriptions online, but the essence is, if you used the
Horadric Cube
recipe for adding sockets (NOT the
Larzuk
socket quest) to add sockets to ethereal armor, then in addition to adding the sockets, the armor base defense would be multiplied by 1.5. This could push an
Eth
800 def to close to 1200 def, base value, which would then be multiplied when creating runewords such as Fortitude.

D2R removed
Eth
bug. I don't know what the highest possible armor def value is on D2R bnet, but it's very likely sub-3000.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
OP
cristobal03 wrote: 2 years ago
That can't be done on D2R bnet anymore. If you're referring to something you saw in a stream, for example, then it was very likely a character or drop copied over in single player from a pre-D2R save. There used to be a bug--well, still exists if you play legacy LOD--called "
Eth
bug." You can find better descriptions online, but the essence is, if you used the
Horadric Cube
recipe for adding sockets (NOT the
Larzuk
socket quest) to add sockets to ethereal armor, then in addition to adding the sockets, the armor base defense would be multiplied by 1.5. This could push an
Eth
800 def to close to 1200 def, base value, which would then be multiplied when creating runewords such as Fortitude.

D2R removed
Eth
bug. I don't know what the highest possible armor def value is on D2R bnet, but it's very likely sub-3000.
I check usually on google images "Fortitude d2r" there is lot of 3000+ and one Stone 5000+😑. Able to find some good bases for it.
Yeah, every one I just saw on Google images is clearly
Eth
bugged.

The maximum base body armor is 600 on a
Sacred Armor
, x1.15 for the superior version, (690 def), x1.5 for the ethereal def bonus (1035 def).

So I suppose if you had a perfect
Eth
Sacred Armor
on D2R and made Fortitude, it would be 1035 x 3 or 3105 def.

Not sure how anyone could possibly get to 5000 def, even with
Eth
bug. Taking the perfect scenario I just described,
Eth
bug would only add x1.5, making the max possible
Eth
bug something like 4658?

If someone knows different, please correct.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Schnorki 3715Moderator

PC
Yeah, every one I just saw on Google images is clearly
Eth
bugged.

The maximum base body armor is 600 on a
Sacred Armor
, x1.15 for the superior version, (690 def), x1.5 for the ethereal def bonus (1035 def).

So I suppose if you had a perfect
Eth
Sacred Armor
on D2R and made Fortitude, it would be 1035 x 3 or 3105 def.

Not sure how anyone could possibly get to 5000 def, even with
Eth
bug. Taking the perfect scenario I just described,
Eth
bug would only add x1.5, making the max possible
Eth
bug something like 4658?

If someone knows different, please correct.
Almost. The 1.15 superior isn't added to base def but to the final ED bonus. Also, a superior armor gets max base def + 1 and d2 truncates decimals along the way. So what you actually get here is:

601 * 1.5
Eth
= 901 base def
100% normal def + 200% fort ed + 15% superior ed = 315% of base def as total def
+ 15 flat defense from Fortitude

With that, your maximum possible defense in a D2:R Fortitude (15% superior
Eth
sacred) is:
901 * 3.15 + 15 = 2853 def

Stone adds 290% ed but no flat defense instead so that'd be:
901 * 4.05 = 3649 def

Anything above that would have to be bugged and hence be D2 and not D2:R (unless there's some not-so-public D2:R version of the same bug).

Google doesn't differentiate. If you google d2r or whataver, most of the images you get are still original d2 which easily explains the confusion here.

The original
Eth
bug multiplied the
Eth
factor a 2nd time (independent of the first so not adding to that but multiplying all of it).
It basically raised the max possible base def to 901 * 1.5 = 1351. Using that as a base, you could get a Fortitude up to
1351 * 3.15 + 15 = 4270 def
and a Stone up to
1351 * 4.05 = 5471 def
The latter being where the 5000+ comes from.
Eth
bugging has been fixed in d2r so there goes your mystery solved.
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
*wrong stuff*
*correct stuff*
Thanks very much for straightening me out :up: For some reason I was ignoring how Stone has higher ED than Fortitude. Also about the calculation for the superior bonus.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...