Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   3827 views

Description

Can you aura stack a your merc like you can with dual Dream/dual Dragon? do you benefit from the aura if you have the synergy?
I was thinking about getting an act 2 cold merc and putting a Doom on him while i run dual Dragon dual Dream.
If I put hard points into
Resist Cold
will it increase the damage?

Is it worth it to toss a Dream and a Dragon on my merc?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Can you aura stack a your merc like you can with dual Dream/dual Dragon? do you benefit from the aura if you have the synergy?
I was thinking about getting an act 2 cold merc and putting a Doom on him while i run dual Dragon dual Dream.
Resist Cold

Azer-Archon wrote: 2 years ago
Can you aura stack a your merc like you can with dual Dream/dual Dragon?
Yes, but mercs does not have synergy skills, so the damage will not be worth it.
do you benefit from the aura if you have the synergy?
Yes. Synergies work both with native and item-provided skills.
A typical Auradin stacks aura-providing items (such ad Dream or Dragon), and invests skill points in synergies, not auras themselves.

I was thinking about getting an act 2 cold merc and putting a Doom on him
Pointless. Only item-provided auras stack. If one is from item, and one from the skill itself, only the stronger one will be applied.
Besides,
Holy Freeze
's main effect is freezing the enemies, not dealing damage, which is abysmal when compared with
Holy Fire
and
Holy Shock
's.
while i run dual Dragon dual Dream.
Impossible - both Dream and Dragon take a shield slot. But you can use dual Dream, Dragon in armor and Hand of Justice in weapon.
Resist Cold
Only own (Paladin's)
Holy Freeze
. Merc's will be unaffected.
OP
Trang Oul wrote: 2 years ago
Can you aura stack a your merc like you can with dual Dream/dual Dragon?
Yes, but mercs does not have synergy skills, so the damage will not be worth it.
do you benefit from the aura if you have the synergy?
Yes. Synergies work both with native and item-provided skills.
A typical Auradin stacks aura-providing items (such ad Dream or Dragon), and invests skill points in synergies, not auras themselves.

I was thinking about getting an act 2 cold merc and putting a Doom on him
Pointless. Only item-provided auras stack. If one is from item, and one from the skill itself, only the stronger one will be applied.
Besides,
Holy Freeze
's main effect is freezing the enemies, not dealing damage, which is abysmal when compared with
Holy Fire
and
Holy Shock
's.
while i run dual Dragon dual Dream.
Impossible - both Dream and Dragon take a shield slot. But you can use dual Dream, Dragon in armor and Hand of Justice in weapon.
Resist Cold
Only own (Paladin's)
Holy Freeze
. Merc's will be unaffected.
Thanks for the break down. I thought when I played the game originally you could stack auras on mercs and the more auras you had the faster they ticked so I ran Faith, Dragon, Dream, on merc, Last Wish, Exile, Dream, Dragon,
Conviction
(8total?) .... Might be remembering it wrong it's been a while, or maybe they reduced the damage on aura it because I thought the auradin did more damage than it does now.... Could've sworn I ran in games with higher player counts and still melted stuff. Now it seems like it's only viable in p1

I meant Dragon/HOj not dual Dragon :)
Thanks for the break down. I thought when I played the game originally you could stack auras on mercs and the more auras you had the faster they ticked so I ran Faith, Dragon, Dream, on merc, Last Wish, Exile, Dream, Dragon,
Conviction
(8total?) .... Might be remembering it wrong it's been a while, or maybe they reduced the damage on aura it because I thought the auradin did more damage than it does now.... Could've sworn I ran in games with higher player counts and still melted stuff. Now it seems like it's only viable in p1
There was such an exploit indeed. It got fixed in 1.13.
AFAIK there is still a bug which causes stacked auras to both combine their levels and being applied multiple times. So dual Dream results in two level 30
Holy Shock
auras, resulting in twice the intended damage.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...