Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   939 views

Description

I’m starting fresh. Looked. In the forums until page 12 cause the search doesn’t apply to forum posts?

Couldn’t find a bowzon guide.

I’m into multi and I heard cold is great for stopping. I just am worried about immunes. Even though it’s a month or 2 weeks until I get there.

Any worthwhile good guides out there?

Can be used to make Runewords:

rikus 140

Amazon Americas PC
I’m starting fresh. Looked. In the forums until page 12 cause the search doesn’t apply to forum posts?

I’m into multi and I heard cold is great for stopping. I just am worried about immunes. Even though it’s a month or 2 weeks until I get there.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Teebling 6124Admin

Europe PC
As for written guides on playstyles, maxroll.gg, icyveins.com, and purediablo.com are all worth a look.

I like running a physical dmg bowazon, makes use of multi,
Strafe
, and guided. I recommend this guide.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d2/multiple-s ... azon-build

My build however, takes a twist from that guide. I prefer to only put in 9 skill points into multi-shot, as for my purposes, I'm fine with having less
Arrows
per multi-shot, and the higher level multi-shot is, the more mana it costs, and the damage that each arrow does is still the same as any level (75% of your dmg). Higher level multi-shot increases the number of
Arrows
you shoot and increases the mana cost. I run
Windforce
with
Strafe
and multi-shot and haven't looked back since. With the new update coming up, they will buff bowazons, so it will be a great time to have one more than before.
rikus wrote: 2 years ago
I’m into multi and I heard cold is great for stopping. I just am worried about immunes.

I'm playing a physical bowazon, and immunes aren't a big concern to me (few poison charms do the trick, and if something is too much of a pain I just skip it), the main issue is that the DPS output isn't that high.

It's high enough to get the job done, but... Slower. Whenever I play it, I find myself thinking "Why am I spending 10 seconds killing these mobs, when another character could kill them in 5?".

(Note that I don't have anywhere close to BiS gear, And I don't know how fast it is if you do have it... but I don't have anywhere close to BiS on my other characters either yet they kill much faster).
Cold is amazing, so much quicker than physical bowazon against non-cold immunes. My zon is hybrid (cold + physical).

Schnorki 3326Moderator

PC
At the end of the day, isn't it all just about having more fun while playing, rather than being a few seconds faster?

At least that's what I keep telling myself to justify my
Strafe
-zon.
Though compared to many other things *cough*druids*cough*, she's actually still pretty good at what she does. Plus you don't need a frost off-spec to deal with phys immunes, just have your merc run around with a reaper's toll and you're set. Anti-immune, massive dmg boost and survivability (slow) all in one.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
OP

rikus 140

Amazon Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
At the end of the day, isn't it all just about having more fun while playing, rather than being a few seconds faster?

At least that's what I keep telling myself to justify my
Strafe
-zon.
Though compared to many other things *cough*druids*cough*, she's actually still pretty good at what she does. Plus you don't need a frost off-spec to deal with phys immunes, just have your merc run around with a reaper's toll and you're set. Anti-immune, massive dmg boost and survivability (slow) all in one.
lol don't get me started on my fire druid...although with patch 2.4 it might change...

thanks all for the suggestions and the experience tips.. I love bowzone, I think its my favourite to play as with barbarian. I liked the monk in D1 too..but anyway.

Strafe
all day, physical bowazon is the way to go.
Strafe
is getting a big boost in 2.4 too by removing the 75% damage modifier.

https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Guide:Po ... by_Dacar92

I went with this, and it was pretty successful.
Freezing Arrow
hits hard,
Strafe
is good for cold immunes.
Bowazon was my favourite build in D2 legacy, circa 2003/4, so I was very excited to build one in D2R. I got her to level 64 and the beginning of Hell before, just today, swapping her into a Javazon. It’s unfair how much better she is, even with “meh” gear.
I just am worried about immunes.
If it's physical immunes, I get around that by using an elemental damage weapon. I use WF and an elemental bow on swap. I first started with
Demon Machine
, then a Harmony bow, and now I mainly use
Hellrack
. It works well on wraiths and annoying physical immune mobs, but it takes a few seconds of continuous fire to whittle them down. I also stack alot of elemental dmg charms and poison charms in my inventory, and those all add up to help against the phys immunes. If you build Harmony in a fast bow such as Matriarchal or GMB it works well for this purpose.
I love my bowazon. Started with a Javazon since Titans, at least at a basic level, are cheaper than a WF. But, then I saw the light and made a bowazon again. Loved her in original, love her now.

Concur on
Strafe
. People hate it, but I love it. 10 targets 90+% chance for hit as opposed to random fans of
Arrows
? Yes, please. The biggest downside is fighting Diablo. Every time I go for a
Strafe
, he always goes LBoD.

So, I have the cold and freezing
Arrows
maxed. Does the trick. I also discovered that with a couple points in
Magic Arrow
(of all things), I can counter the physical immunes. So, 3 damage types.

I use an Act 1 Norm merc with a d-bow Harmony. She has
Fire Arrow
which compliments my cold
Arrows
. Act 1 mercs are getting a 2.4 boost too. Downside of Harmony is it costs me 60K every Diablo fight since he HATES the aura and chain LBoDs her till she's dead, even with all gold res from
Duriel's Shell
and Kira's. But, what's 60K between friends?

I walked Hell with a buriza, then upped and socketed it, and the next run a WF dropped. Thanks RNGesus, but good problem to have.

One of the things not often discussed is the combo of Eye of Etlich and
Manald Heal
. Everyone goes for BK and Maras, but I find those two cheap items give me all the mana and life leech I need, starting at level 15. Sure, I lose some skill boosts, and res too, but without the Ists to throw like candy, Eye and Heal are, I think, a solid choice.

y2kid 110

PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
2022-01-27 18-21-26.2022-01-27 18_21_51.gif

As for written guides on playstyles, maxroll.gg, icyveins.com, and purediablo.com are all worth a look.
Purediablo was very much hyped pre D2R but it's trying to do way too many things and some of the contributors there have let's just say at the very least questionable guides. So... Personally I'd avoid

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
OP

rikus 140

Amazon Americas PC
Leaker416 wrote: 2 years ago
I walked Hell with a buriza, then upped and socketed it, and the next run a WF dropped. Thanks RNGesus, but good problem to have.
what's WF?
glad to hear its doable with options, probably better options than
Frenzy
barb fighting immunes.
Wraith
mobs can be real hassle for barb, but bowzon can run and fire...

WF is
Windforce
. To be totally honest, when I say I "walked hell", prior to kicking my javazon to the curb with just her titans and highlords left, I looted her of her Chains of Honor
Archon Plate
, War travs,
Hellfire Torch
, and anni. So, pretty kitted out.

Definitely an advantage being able to bring a bow to a knife fight. Plenty of tactics out there, but for me, a good one in areas that are tough (places with Black Souls, Dolls, etc) is to ping the area with
Arrows
. Only one fires? Clear. Full
Strafe
animation, something is out there, so watch it!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...