Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
45 replies   4495 views

Description

Description by rikus

Can be used to make Runewords:

I used to get my butt kicked by ghosts. Playing a summoner druid so rely totally on merc, bear, and crows. You need an Act 2 freeze merc (crowd control) and a reaper's toll to break physical immunities.

check out my available trades member/hav0c_2/

all items are negotiable. I'll probably accept a counter offer if you don't lowball me
Get your barbs level higher! Since his AR and Def is naturally high, it’s all about your character level when it comes to chance to hit and chance to be hit.
hav0c_2 wrote: 2 years ago
I used to get my butt kicked by ghosts. Playing a summoner druid so rely totally on merc, bear, and crows. You need an Act 2 freeze merc (crowd control) and a reaper's toll to break physical immunities.
I use gavel of pain on my barb for amp damage charges. Only get 3 but its only 20k to repair which is less than one
Council Member
drop in gold

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
I understand not wanted to take donations, but sometimes it's just 1 extra piece of gear to get you rolling again. There are free drop games all over the place and people throw out some gear of just silly value sometimes. Couple games I've seen people come in, drop hard to get set items,
Ist
runes, uniques like Reapers Toll. Maybe take a look in a couple. Don't feel too much like you're cheating yourself if your already frustrated. Games are supposed to be for relaxing and fun.
OP

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC
so what's the point of saying "I CAN SOLO HELL" if you run away from certain mobs?

that's not soloing hell. that's like 75% maybe..

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
I'll tell you what I have done.

1. Play a sorceress

And that's it.

Nah, really. I beat hell pretty easily on single player using a hybrid orb -
Chain Lightning
sorceress, and then I turned her into a blizzard MF sorceress with only, listen carefully: a four sockets
Dusk Shroud
filled with topaces, a three socket
Death Mask
filled with topaces, and the rest, random pieces of rare equipment. Then, I did normal cow runs until I got a four sockets
Crystal Sword
to make Spirit, then I did NM cows until I got a
Monarch
shield to make another Spirit, and then I had all I needed to do efficient Andy and Mephy runs on hell. Then, just be patient until you get enough to upgrade to a better MF equipment.
rikus wrote: 2 years ago
so what's the point of saying "I CAN SOLO HELL" if you run away from certain mobs?

It's how the game is designed due to immunities. Not all builds are supposed to be able to kill everything.
Misanthrilist wrote: 2 years ago

It's how the game is designed due to immunities. Not all builds are supposed to be able to kill everything.
Yeah but poison necros can. ;p

Gunar 35

Amazon PC
Beating the game solo and self found with a standard summon necro was a piece of cake too.

Well except getting thru Maggot Lair... man, that was harsh. Cant even think about it...
But still, valid solo build.
OP

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC
my barb can fairly do it. if it weren't for ghosts.. guessing if I had a decent swap that could override physical immune... also they do damage insane..because they gather to a single mob even in doors.

Gunar wrote: 2 years ago
Beating the game solo and self found with a standard summon necro was a piece of cake too.

Well except getting thru Maggot Lair... man, that was harsh. Cant even think about it...
Yeah nothing but summons it takes awhile with no
Teleport
but as lomg as merc drops one the chain reaction of CE usually makes quick work and kills the scarabs from safe distance

Oh this reminds me of when I first got serious about d2. I used to play as a
Frenzy
barb and I had such a tough time getting through hell difficulty. I remember specifically fighting a mauler in
The Den of Evil
whose health would regenerate faster than I could damage him.... ROFL... At any rate, I learned that I was wrong about a great many things on the game and also about
Frenzy
barb. Let me share some experience with you...

Frenzy
barb relies on HIGH DAMAGE WEAPONS. Its the single most important factor in a
Frenzy
barbs success.
2. The gear for a viable
Frenzy
barb is considerably more expensive than the viable gear of other decent classes. This mostly has to do with the fact that you will need TWO good weapons, versus other classes who get by with one and decent shields are cheap.
3. IN GENERAL, MF is not a desirable trait for
Frenzy
barb, as you are losing other valuable modifiers which will help keep you alive or speed up your kills.

With 2 in mind, I recommend you do MF/rune/whatever hunting with a sorc, as it is much much faster and cheaper in terms of gear.

AND always remember the golden rule, Killing speed > MF > PlayersX!

INB4: There are exceptions to all these rules

https://armlesswunder.github.io/

I don't do trades for less than
Pul
. I accept T or H keys as well.

Gunar 35

Amazon PC
Cinomed541 wrote: 2 years ago
Gunar wrote: 2 years ago

Yeah nothing but summons it takes awhile with no
Teleport
but as lomg as merc drops one the chain reaction of CE usually makes quick work and kills the scarabs from safe distance
Exactly: As long as our merc kills one...
The problem summons standing in the way of each other plus merc, made me summon nothing at all and waiting for Waheed to find and fight his way all alone thru stinky maggot maze, which, as it turned out, is even more painful to watch than one could imagine who knows Waheeds ways of not even finding a cow in the middle of a plain old cow run.
I love me summoner necro, but he really hit his stride when i maxed
Teeth
and
Bone Spear
. I have max skelli, skelli mastery,
Teeth
Bone Spear
. 1 point in the whole tree to
Summon Resist
, 1 point in the tree to
Decrepify
. extra points in skelli mages cause i like them, not cause they are good. The skellies wall off everything and you bonespear them to Death. works like a charm :-) And PGems sell like hot cakes on this site right now, so go grab some items with it :-)

All Prices Negotiable :-)
oh, Insight on your merc is nice, too and easy to build. I would recommend a Spirit offhand as well because it is great. you can probably get a base for PGems.

All Prices Negotiable :-)
my barb can fairly do it. if it weren't for ghosts.. guessing if I had a decent swap that could override physical immune... also they do damage insane..because they gather to a single mob even in doors.
I hate ghosts as well with my
Frenzy
Barb. I use a
Lacerator
Throwing Axe
(not to throw) on my offhand which casts Lv 3
Amplify Damage
with a 33% chance to help break physical immunities. Reasonably cheap to trade for. I lucked out and found one. I did luck out with someone also dropping a Reapers Toll in a free game for my Merc.
Another option (Usually the primary one) for handling physical immunes on Barbarian is
Berserk
. Converts your physical damage to magic damage. Surprised noone has mentioned that yet tbh.
OP

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC
Tey_Rossa wrote: 2 years ago
Frenzy
Barb. I use a
Lacerator
Throwing Axe
Amplify Damage
with a 33% chance to help break physical immunities. Reasonably cheap to trade for. I lucked out and found one. I did luck out with someone also dropping a Reapers Toll in a free game for my Merc.
THAT'S what I'm looking for!
thank you!

also Lawbringer is an option, although i would need
Lem
...that could take a while..or maybe buy it lol

EDIT:
this worked!
Lacerator
does the job, but my merc dies like crazy with them ghosts. even with full 75% resistences on all but poison 65%? should i get him Smoke? it wouldn't realy matter on the res besides the poison, which i could probably socket
what you guys use for merc armor in beginning hell? (end A2)

Tey_Rossa wrote: 2 years ago
Frenzy
Barb. I use a
Lacerator
Throwing Axe
Amplify Damage
THAT'S what I'm looking for!
thank you!

also Lawbringer is an option, although i would need
Lem
...that could take a while..or maybe buy it lol

EDIT:
this worked!
Lacerator
does the job, but my merc dies like crazy with them ghosts. even with full 75% resistences on all but poison 65%? should i get him Smoke? it wouldn't realy matter on the res besides the poison, which i could probably socket
what you guys use for merc armor in beginning hell? (end A2)
What ever
Eth
2 socket armor I find then make Smoke runeword. Best bet be nm cows, usually find bases there.

At first you should think about what you want to run. Just clear Hell? Farm specific Area? Farm Anywhere?

Let's say Summon Necro for example. You need a might aura merc, amp damage and correct skills.

Strength of Necro is Farm everywhere. Weakness is Bosses.

Grab also strong cheap rune words you can easy farm in nightmare. Like Lore Helmet. And stick to the Farm plan.

Decent res, some +skills and a merc with decent but cheap gear (Insight, Smoke, leech helmet) should you easy carry through hell

Stay a while and listen

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation