Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   2499 views

Description

Hi Guys, I was hoping someone could give me some advice on what
Helm
I could use to refine my zealot build which aims to have a max possible dmg output.
Here is my equip so far

Guillaume's Face
socket with
Um

Grief
Fortitude
Phoenix
Dracul's Grasp

Verdungo's Hearty Cord

Gore Rider

Metalgrid

Raven Frost

Dual leech ring with +dmg + ar

Palatorch
Annihilus

Max dmg / ar / life charms

Now to my questions :)

I don't need the
Um
rune in Guillaume's anymore since I meanwhile got enough res to max out from other items. So i was planning on putting one of those jewels in it:

Option 1: 15max dmg / +39%ed
Option 2: 7 max dmg / +27%ed / +21-45 fire dmg / +5 dex

At first I thought the choice was obvious and put the first in it. On a second thought however I would rather tend to option 2 since the fire dmg is quite nice and gets even more enhanced since I use Phoenix.
Would you agree or still prefer option 1 - or would you maybe put in something else entirely?

As to the
Helm
in general: Is Guillaume even the best choice in this case (I somehow can't say no to the incredible boost to cb and ds) or would you propose something else? Maybe even a 3 socket normal
Helm
with maxdmg / ed jewels (so 120%ed + 45maxdmg), whereby I wonder if you after all really get more damage out of it since you lack the %for cb and ds). I somehow find it mandatory to have cb, at least if you want to go for bosses.

I would be grateful for any advice in that regards - also in general to the build / equip is appreciated.
Description by Mboc

Can be used to make Runewords:

Mboc 13

Druid Europe PC
Hi Guys, I was hoping someone could give me some advice on what
Helm
I could use to refine my zealot build which aims to have a max possible dmg output.
Here is my equip so far

Guillaume's Face
socket with
Um

Grief
Fortitude
Phoenix
Dracul's Grasp

Verdungo's Hearty Cord

Gore Rider

Metalgrid

Raven Frost

Dual leech ring with +dmg + ar

Palatorch
Annihilus

Max dmg / ar / life charms

Now to my questions :)

I don't need the
Um
rune in Guillaume's anymore since I meanwhile got enough res to max out from other items. So i was planning on putting one of those jewels in it:

Option 1: 15max dmg / +39%ed
Option 2: 7 max dmg / +27%ed / +21-45 fire dmg / +5 dex

At first I thought the choice was obvious and put the first in it. On a second thought however I would rather tend to option 2 since the fire dmg is quite nice and gets even more enhanced since I use Phoenix.
Would you agree or still prefer option 1 - or would you maybe put in something else entirely?

As to the
Helm
in general: Is Guillaume even the best choice in this case (I somehow can't say no to the incredible boost to cb and ds) or would you propose something else? Maybe even a 3 socket normal
Helm
with maxdmg / ed jewels (so 120%ed + 45maxdmg), whereby I wonder if you after all really get more damage out of it since you lack the %for cb and ds). I somehow find it mandatory to have cb, at least if you want to go for bosses.

I would be grateful for any advice in that regards - also in general to the build / equip is appreciated.
OP

Mboc 13

Druid Europe PC
Anyone?

Schnorki 3276Moderator

PC
Did they ever fix the out-of-weapon ed/max bug? If not, you want neither of those jewels wasted in there tbh. You'd then want something more akin to ed/elementaldmg.

That having been said, you are severely lacking in CB on the rest of your gear so Gulli might indeed remain the best choice. Between all of the ED you already have you'll probably hardly notice one more jewel being added on (0 to 40 = noticable. 700 to 740..less so) whereas you'll probably notice the drop in CB quite a bit on anything that has enough life to even make the underlying question worth asking.
OP

Mboc 13

Druid Europe PC
Thanks for the input. Wasn’t aware of that bug.
Just out of curiosity, what is the out-of-weapon ed/max bug?

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
crocorinho wrote: 2 years ago
Just out of curiosity, what is the out-of-weapon ed/max bug?
It only applies the multiplier itself and not the max part because the game basically doesn't know how to handle calculating multiplying the +dmg on the charm more than once as a quick TL;DR.

As for OP's original post... your current GFace is solid and I don't believe a 40/15 would reach you past the next BP if you're running a traditional zealot. TBH if you already have a Phoenix, it might be worth considering the respec to Tesladin and grabbing a Dream
Helm
+shield. The rest of your kit is pretty much spot on for being able to swap those 2 in, respec and go full bore tesladin. Doubt anything else will provide a noticeable damage bump, and Tesladins (as well as all aura based builds) will be getting buffed in 2.4.
Have you thought about
Cham
your Gface and use angelic set instead of metal and
Raven Frost
?

Stay a while and listen
Since he's using Grief, extra attack rating would only be useful when fighting uniques and act bosses, so using a
Cham
because of the angelick rings would be partially wasted. (Unless OP wanna go for another weapon).

Also, considering one have a source of Crushing Blow , using
Smite
(even for a zealer) is probably a better option for act bosses anyway since it always hits.

Regarding the Jewels, how much + DMG you got on your Grief?

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...