Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
31 replies   2379 views

Description

Dropped my new 400-39 Grief in game with ctrl click by accident and someone stole it…
Why are people in this game like that?
Dont get me wrong not looking for a handout i’ll get a new one. Just sick of these assholes. second time someone stole something from me. These people need Jesus.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Dropped my new 400-39 Grief in game with ctrl click by accident and someone stole it…
Dont get me wrong not looking for a handout i’ll get a new one. Just sick of these assholes. second time someone stole something from me. These people need Jesus.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
Opportunity makes the thief.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
KennyMcLenny wrote: 2 years ago
This + Not fining full games is why I mostly play solo. Dropped my Beast once, nothing happened. I'm sorry OP

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
The fact that there is somehow at least one of these people in every game waiting to snatch up somebody else's shit and bounce is what blows my mind. I would never, ever steal someone's stuff if they clearly didn't mean to drop it...
OP
The worst part is not that I lost my item the worst part is that this person is a 100% a grown man in his 30’s.
It is sad that a person has got such a cocked up moral compass.
The amount of bm this season is just beyond my comprehension. Why are people joining games to go ahead and
Teleport
ahead of a group of low levels just to kill the quest monster so they have to start over? Or why are people joining trade games to try and steal trades over other people? I just dont get it.. this and all of the cheating is ruining online gaming for me. I guess…(puts on glasses) I lost the wrong Grief
The worst part is not that I lost my item the worst part is that this person is a 100% a grown man in his 30’s.
The amount of bm this season is just beyond my comprehension. Why are people joining games to go ahead and
Teleport
ahead of a group of low levels just to kill the quest monster so they have to start over? Or why are people joining trade games to try and steal trades over other people? I just dont get it.. this and all of the cheating is ruining online gaming for me. I guess…(puts on glasses) I lost the wrong Grief
It was worse in legacy LoD in my opinion.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
OP
Yeah not gonna argue with you on that.. I have been thru way worse than this back in the day.
Happened to me too with a 20F/15C
Meteor
Ormus' Robes
socketed with a 5/5 facet about two months ago.

Joined an 8-player cow run. Wanted to try some armor that dropped, didn't have inventory space. There's noone around. I dropped the
Ormus
and in an instant a sorc ported near me and snatched it.

I know exactly how you feel. At that moment that
Ormus
felt the same as 39/400 Grief you lost. Oh, and I got laughed at when I asked them to return it.

My condolences and f*** the thief. With a barbed wire. Basically any anonymous 8-player run is pure cancer in its distilled form. Join to leech XP, if you must. A 3-person party from your friendlist is a much better scenario.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
add me, i won't steal yo itemz. in fact, i might give you items WhÓdÝ#1196
It's not really "in this game", it's everywhere.
Perhaps this game even more so I suppose, given a big part of it is about amassing Wealth and all.

I wish there was a "lock" system of some kind, I've seen that in other game, some on/off lock you can set and when it's on your items can't be removed or dropped even if you click on them, things like that.

But I'm sure some accidents would still happen, with people unlocking it to do stuff and eventually dropping one of their item.

I guess in the end all you can do is be careful. Just manually move your expensive items, things like that.

y2kid 109

PC
Not to be the devil's advocate here but defaq were you doing ctrl clicking in a game with other people in it?

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
Teleport
Had some 88 sorc do this in a game where I was leveling a toon, came back with my sin and torched her for it. With a lack of blizzard intervention sometimes you have to make your own justice.
Maybe try removing the CTRL keycap, sorry bud it's all you D:

lf godly plate of the whale
OP
Yeah I’m not going to play it off like I am not an idiot for doing this. I know damn well the nature of those sticky fingered fuckers.
imo what's almost as bad is the people taking the side of the thieves and scammers. "wElL mAyBe YoU sHoUlDn'T hAvE dRoPpeD iT In ThE fIrSt PlAcE." Why not at least try to encourage a community where people aren't, you know, greedy scumbags?
This is the equivalent to finding a wallet or purse on the Ground and taking it without ever making an attempt to return it. For some reason people think because it's a video game it's ok to steal or take advantage of someone else's misfortune.

And to those saying "dont ctrl click" etc. I'll relate it to my above example. It's not like I MEANT to leave my wallet at the restaurant. Just because it's sitting there doesn't mean it's yours for the taking.

Tough lesson to learn.

Teebling 5826Admin

Europe PC
That 'lock item' button idea someone had a few weeks back - it would be a good QoL change.

Not just for dropping in multiplayer (OP) but for accidental vendors etc. too.

Mind you, some might say that the severity of loss is all part of what makes the game the game.

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
It was worse in legacy LoD in my opinion.
this. there are going to be trolls and thieves in all multiplayer games, but i have honestly seen very little in D2R VS OG D2.

What i have seen in D2R is A LOT more generous / friendly people. I've met ten times more good players in the few months since D2R launch than the entirety of my time playing the original. The good people still far outnumber the bad. But i do agree a lock-feature for your equipment is needed due to the control-click leading to dropped gear.

Lock feature for sure, and also the change in the whole corpse mechanics.

Hasn't happened to me yet, but that would be my horror ... all items gone or ready to loot.
Corpse mechanic is easy to avoid tho, when you die in a public game, instantly log out, make a new game and your corpse will be in town :)

Only 'downside' is that you lost your gold, but that's it.

And the your corpse wont be loot able by people that are in your party!

~Your PC is so slow, even Jesus complains about the lag~

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation