Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   746 views

Make it easier to distinguish between platforms in trades

No data yet

Site Feedback

Description

I‘m playing on Switch only and it happened countless times that an offer was posted in one of my trades by PC only players that hadn‘t noticed that the item is only available on Switch. This leads to a huge communication overhead on my site only to be told numerous times „Oh sorry, PC only.“

I understand that it‘s totally possible for everyone to see the platform of a trade — it just appears that this information is too hard to see and/or that the appropriate filtering options are not properly used. So my suggestion is: Make it so players get this information in an easier fashion.

How could this be achieved?
  • Every trade subject could automatically be prefixed with the platform information — example: When I add a trade „
    Nagelring
    “ and choose Switch as my platform, the trade will be displayed as „[Switch]
    Nagelring
    “ and/or with the Switch symbol as prefix.
  • When browsing trades the results could automatically be filtered for the platform(s) the user plays on.
I‘m sure there are more options.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I‘m playing on Switch only and it happened countless times that an offer was posted in one of my trades by PC only players that hadn‘t noticed that the item is only available on Switch. This leads to a huge communication overhead on my site only to be told numerous times „Oh sorry, PC only.“

I understand that it‘s totally possible for everyone to see the platform of a trade — it just appears that this information is too hard to see and/or that the appropriate filtering options are not properly used. So my suggestion is: Make it so players get this information in an easier fashion.

How could this be achieved?
  • Every trade subject could automatically be prefixed with the platform information — example: When I add a trade „
    Nagelring
    “ and choose Switch as my platform, the trade will be displayed as „[Switch]
    Nagelring
    “ and/or with the Switch symbol as prefix.
  • When browsing trades the results could automatically be filtered for the platform(s) the user plays on.
I‘m sure there are more options.
Request fulfilledby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
@ChulioZ @EyesBack Improved on in patch 1.21 with clearer, animated warning block highlighting listing restrictions such as console platform, ladder, hardcore etc.

All my trades are 3 day auctions: Starting from
El
, you can bid every rune and maybe get items extremely cheap! Have a look. :)

I can trade on PC and on Switch!
I feel you, same about Play Station + to idea
There are only 3% of Switch players, not certain if it worth efforts

p.s. if you didn't knew you can manually do [switch] prefix in trade topic name by yourself

Feel free to check all my trades
Add me Standinsoe#2129 for fast trade
StandinSoe wrote: 2 years ago
There are only 3% of Switch players, not certain if it worth efforts

p.s. if you didn't knew you can manually do [switch] prefix in trade topic name by yourself
That way the item is not mapped as Item but as plain text.
But the search will still pick it up exactly the same.

Teebling 6124Admin

Europe PC
@ChulioZ @EyesBack Improved on in patch 1.21 with clearer, animated warning block highlighting listing restrictions such as console platform, ladder, hardcore etc.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...