Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
39 replies   10796 views

Would you make an Auradin (Tesladin) or Melee Sorc (Aurasorc)?

No data yet

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
xSD wrote: 2 years ago
Sir you've literally met my Tesladin a number of times... my toon is even named xSDTesla like...
What on earth are you talking about? Never met this so-called "tesladin" before in my life. The Auradin is amazing if that's what you meant. xD
Carve that on the inside of your skulls, people. It is The Auradin.
OP
I'm not emotionally invested into this name thing. But as I did my research I saw Tesladin being used to specifically refer to the
Holy Shock
Auradin, whereas Auradin is a larger category of Offensive Aura paladins, which includes Dragondins (Fire based).
MarcWizard wrote: 2 years ago
I'm not emotionally invested into this name thing. But as I did my research I saw Tesladin being used to specifically refer to the
Holy Shock
Auradin, whereas Auradin is a larger category of Offensive Aura paladins, which includes Dragondins (Fire based).
Dragondin? Oh boy.

I tried your javazon, by the way. It is really weird. Maybe you can create your exact build in maxroll character planner so I could try 1:1 build.

Edit: oh look, no tesladins or dragondins.
[...] which includes Dragondins (Fire based).

For trades: PrincipalO#2775
For DClone/Ubers: ForrestGrump#2731
OP
Cryptography wrote: 2 years ago
Holy Shock
Dragondin? Oh boy.

I tried your javazon, by the way. It is really weird. Maybe you can create your exact build in maxroll character planner so I could try 1:1 build.

IMG_20211212_103203.jpg
Again, I didn't come up with the names, just see them being used so I know what I'm clicking on. In that guide list in your example, would u know if the auradin guide was going to start talking about double Dream, or HoJ/Dragon, or both? Even though I have no emotional investment into these names, I find it convenient when they start with "Tesladin guide" or "Dragondin guide" because then I know what they are going to be explaining before I go in. I don't have to go in and then see HoJ in the weapon slot to understand I've wasted my time.
Holy Shock
Dragondin? Oh boy.

IMG_20211212_103203.jpg
Again, I didn't come up with the names, just see them being used so I know what I'm clicking on. In that guide list in your example, would u know if the auradin guide was going to start talking about double Dream, or HoJ/Dragon, or both? Even though I have no emotional investment into these names, I find it convenient when they start with "Tesladin guide" or "Dragondin guide" because then I know what they are going to be explaining before I go in. I don't have to go in and then see HoJ in the weapon slot to understand I've wasted my time.
Okay, Bob. People are joking obviously.

But to keep it rolling, lets make it Dreamer. I have actually heard that name being used for Lightning Auradin in past and is in relation with Dragondin, referring to item used.

Call your stuff what you want, it isn't that important. I vote for Auradin.
OP
again, I don't really care as long as the name is specific enough. It's all about function for me. Someone says tesladin, dreamdin, shockdin, I know they're referring to the double Dream build. Someone says dragondin, firedin, I know its the one with HoJ/Dragon. Someone says Auradin, I have to ask, which one do you mean? Auradin is therefore objectively not a good name for the double Dream build.
OP
I am mildly annoyed that my question about dreamsorc vs dreamdin got derailed by a semantic debate. To whoever is interested in my final decision, I decided to go dreamsorc, most due to the damage. Having played a Javazon for 17 million runs I have grown accustomed to a certain standard of slaying.

Beardozer 445Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
The proper name is now Mr. Shocky, now and forever.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood

BillyMaysed 2195Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Dragondin? Oh boy.
First tesladin, now dragondin?

OP
I presume they named it after the runeword Dragon. same reason the
Holy Shock
auradin is also referred to as the dreamdin.

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
Fwiw, I LOVE Tesladin's and have spent a number of posts advocating for people to try them :)
i have a question not related to the naming of the character- what armor do people recommend for a Dream paladin?

thejerbear#1680
An armoradin

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC

IMG_20211212_103203.jpg
Guide:Tesladin_v1.10

sorry, had to post that xD
Darq wrote: 2 years ago

IMG_20211212_103203.jpg
Tesladin.png

Guide:Tesladin_v1.10

sorry, had to post that xD
Three people using the term in two decades does not qualify as a norm.

._.

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC

Three people using the term in two decades does not qualify as a norm.

._.
Don't change the rules as you please xD Who cares if it is a norm, are we now the german bureaucracy? It existed even back in the day and i gave proof and now you talk about norm?

In the end, it doesn't matter, for me it is more funny that such a useless discussion exist. But i use Tesladin, because i only knew it by that name and is more specific then the umbrella term Auradin but it is also fine by me to call it that.
Auradin used to be epic before aura stacking fix.
Are you talking about the unequip/equip bugfix ages ago or has there been any changes lately?
Thorgyn wrote: 2 years ago
Auradin used to be epic before aura stacking fix.
Are you talking about the unequip/equip bugfix ages ago or has there been any changes lately?
Trade window stacking. It was fixed around 2013-2014 I think.
To answer on OP question, the tesladin if I'd ever get that wealthy. I like the more robust Palas over Sorcs in general as I tend to be sloppy with my defense play :-D

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation