Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   9212 views

Description

Why -LR is way more important than +LD
For non-lit immune monster, they have very low or 0 lit-res after Infinity(-85res), and -LR and +LD work same effect without difference
But for lit-immune monster, different story then.
For example a monster just broke immune but sill have 99res(Infinity only work 20% for immune monster so -85 will be -17), so they still have high res after immu broken
If your skill dmg 10000, monster only take in 1%(99res), it will be 100
if you have +1%LD, your skill dmg will be 10100, and deal 1% will be 101
If you have -1%LR, you skill dmg still 10000, but monster take in 2%(98res) will be 200. Yes dmg doubled. if it has 1000 life, you will kill it with 5 shots instead of 10
Conclusion
-LR works way more better for lit-immune monster after immunity broken
For non-lit immune monster, its alway piece of cake whatever how much +LD or -LR you have, just 1 or 2 shots
Hope that helps you understand why
Welcome for any question below

Can be used to make Runewords:

Why -LR is way more important than +LD
For non-lit immune monster, they have very low or 0 lit-res after Infinity(-85res), and -LR and +LD work same effect without difference
But for lit-immune monster, different story then.
For example a monster just broke immune but sill have 99res(Infinity only work 20% for immune monster so -85 will be -17), so they still have high res after immu broken
If your skill dmg 10000, monster only take in 1%(99res), it will be 100
if you have +1%LD, your skill dmg will be 10100, and deal 1% will be 101
If you have -1%LR, you skill dmg still 10000, but monster take in 2%(98res) will be 200. Yes dmg doubled. if it has 1000 life, you will kill it with 5 shots instead of 10
Conclusion
-LR works way more better for lit-immune monster after immunity broken
For non-lit immune monster, its alway piece of cake whatever how much +LD or -LR you have, just 1 or 2 shots
Hope that helps you understand why
Welcome for any question below
Thank you for explaining, I got my first ever Griffon’s eye from Gheeds shady gambling corner 2 weeks ago.
18-15 as well, almost gave me a heartattack haha 😂

twiz 18

Assassin Americas PC
While you seem to be correct, I think it's a little bit more simple than that...
It's the fact that +%Lightning Damage is additive, and -%Res is far harder to come by.

For example, the first +100% Damage doubles your damage: 100% Base + 100% Increase = 200%. But adding another +100%, so +200% total, doesn't double your damage again -- you'd need to add +200% for +300% total to double it. And this continues... to double it after that you'd need to add +400%, then +800%, +1600% etc.

On the other hand, as you mentioned, adding -%Res will essentially multiply your damage.
If an enemy has 80% Resistance, you will deal 20% of your damage. Adding -10% Lightning Resistance will lower their resistance to 70% so you do 30%, this is a 50% *multiplicative* damage increase. If you had +300% Damage, this would be like adding another +200%. If the enemy had 90% Resistance, the same -10% Res means you go from dealing 10% Damage to 20% damage. Now you've doubled the amount you deal, going from +300% damage (400% total) to +700% damage (800% total). At 95%, where you would do just 5% of your damage, -10% Res means you're now doing 15% of your damage, tripling it.

twiz#1464
Confirmed by pretty much higher up in the game. Minus is where it's at. The + is just a nice to have.

Looking for Eye Pattern Summon Grand Charms (GraveRobber)
You already have +300 or more enhanced lightning damage from
Lightning Mastery
, but you will generally see that you are missing -LR with cheaper gears.
The reason this is important is just simple math:
General Formula used ((100+Extra Lightning Damage) * Base Lightning Damage) * (1-(Enemy Lightning Resist in Decimal))=Lightning Damage Done

Lets say for example you have 400 +LD (lightning damage) on a skill that does 1000 LD against enemy with 75 LR,
You did 1250 LD
((100+400) * 1000) * (1-(.75))=1250

Now lets say you have only 300 +LD and the enemy has reduced res by 15%,
You did 1600 LD
((100+300) * 1000) * (1-(.6))=1600

Easy maths

https://armlesswunder.github.io/

I don't do trades for less than
Pul
. I accept T or H keys as well.

Advertisment

Hide ads