Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
25 replies   3412 views

Description

Interested to hear about people’s funnest class/builds to play and why. Whether people prefer optimal over fun etc

I fully geared my hammerdin as a first character, but quickly found that got boring and repetitive.

Moving most of the gear to a light sorc that I’ve been enjoying since then able to clear most areas easily with an Infinity.

Also interested in hearing about bowzons and tesladins as well and how fun they are at the moment.

Let me know your opinions!
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Interested to hear about people’s funnest class/builds to play and why. Whether people prefer optimal over fun etc

I fully geared my hammerdin as a first character, but quickly found that got boring and repetitive.

Moving most of the gear to a light sorc that I’ve been enjoying since then able to clear most areas easily with an Infinity.

Also interested in hearing about bowzons and tesladins as well and how fun they are at the moment.

Let me know your opinions!

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
I like the javazon. It's fun to melt everything with
Lightning Fury
:D.
I'm also up to build a physical Bowazon.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Top spot has to remain with a Bone Necro for both, PvE and PvP. That hasn't changed in..well, 20 years. Though for PvE, Trapsin is a somewhat close 2nd for me.
I found the trapsin to be the most fun build I've played so far. The damage, survivability and utility gives you a lot of options in terms of playstyle.

The bowazon is also quite fun not only in gameplay but trying out new bows with unique characteristics. I'm currently running a hybrid
Strafe
/multi/
Freezing Arrow
build swapping between buriza/witchwild/goldstrike.

lf godly plate of the whale
mf poisonmancer, he started off as a mule, I found
Arm of King Leoric
and then
Homunculus
and I decided to level him up and made a summoner for the umpteenth time but then decided to try poison. the breakthrough was Hoto but since getting a
Death's Web
its by far the most versatile location wise and fun to play. I was always a sorc addict but I'm coverted now. My mule is now my highest character and my sorc gathers dust and cries a lot...

Renton212#2452

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
*cough summon druid *cough

I’m a fan of the thrower barb.

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
Tesladin is bonkers fun both budget and can transition to the strongest melee build in the game if you wanna invest into dreams.

Flashdancer sin is also a go-to for me, DT/DS/LS with value points all around. Can uber and clean most of the game and is a little slower AoE than pure trap, but can
Key
run and boss kill much easier.

Conc/Werewofl Barb functions mostly the same with a focus on your shouts and huge HP pool. Wolfhowls are stupidly cheap and actually allow you to ladder start a barb if you want, bc running around with 6k hp basically guarantees you the ability to do any content in the game at least at p3.

Fury/
Armageddon
druid is my favorite niche build. Played one back in the day and Dbrunski has an amazing video describing the build. Tons of latent fire damage and hits like a truck. Can also uber.

Plaguezon is also another niche build I love. Rolled a perf Bramble back in the day, so made one of these to just see how high i could get my PSN/Plague javs to hit. Was fun to nuke cows and Chaos with.
My favorite build is the Summon Necro, for me, is one of the best builds of the game, with a crappy gear and low level, i manage to pass hell and leveling by my own, impossible to archieve with my Blizz sorc, it's a little slow at first, because your minnions are spreading a lot and the bosses die slowly, but with a staff of teleportation an then a
Naj's Puzzler
, you can group them and telestomp the bosses so they die fast, once you get an Enigma (i found a
Jah
in
Mephisto
a few weeks ago and trade everything for runes to make a
Ber
and get my own Enigma) you can kill everything really really fast, it's awesome and it's a really secure build, you almost never die, it's really funny to see the cows falling like dominos xD
I've had fun with a few...Spent a lot of time with Lightning Orb Sorc, but the most fun i've been having lately is just destroying cows with javazon. She's got Enigma but no Infinity, so i'm mostly sticking with Cows and the occasional
Baal
run.
Pre-Firewall nerf, BlizzWall sorc with
Energy Shield
and an Insight/
Prayer
merc was the most balanced character I've ever played. So tanky with ES + Insight +
Warmth
, fast HP and mana regen that I never needed health or mana pots, and rarely had trouble killing immunes.

Now I'm a Lightning Infinity sorc and can't face tank without mashing pots :(
mezz wrote: 2 years ago
Pre-Firewall nerf, BlizzWall sorc with
Energy Shield
and an Insight/
Prayer
merc was the most balanced character I've ever played. So tanky with ES + Insight +
Warmth
, fast HP and mana regen that I never needed health or mana pots, and rarely had trouble killing immunes.

Now I'm a Lightning Infinity sorc and can't face tank without mashing pots :(
I remember being so stoked after i got my Infinity after 2 months of hard play. I tried lightning sorc out too, but without -light res gear like griffons, its so hard to make it viable. I ended up making a fire ball/ frost orb hybrid with the Infinity (
Tal Rasha
gear) and it's just as viable imo. After a sorc torch, she can carry
Baal
runs. At the end of the day though, I put everything on summoner necro. Infinity really makes a difference with
Corpse Explosion
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
*cough summon druid *cough

homer into bush.gif
Was probably Just a Joke, but I am currently leveling my Summoner Druid :)
Other than that I am fan of WB Fireclaw and wanna try a
Frenzy
Barb with
Stormlash
and
Scourge
Oath RW.
I've been trying to decide if my next character is going to be druid or necro. Those are the only two I have left, so it's gotta be one. Trying to decide which one, and which direction to take it.

Sorceress Americas PC
Rendran wrote: 2 years ago
It wasn't a joke actually, just memeing since its infamously bad compared to pretty much any build. i really like the druid summon tree and play a mixture of bear or wolf with them.

i also feel like small changes could him a lot more viable too, like if we could have all the wolves + bear out at the same time. xD

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Rendran wrote: 2 years ago
It wasn't a joke actually, just memeing since its infamously bad compared to pretty much any build. i really like the druid summon tree and play a mixture of bear or wolf with them.

i also feel like small changes could him a lot more viable too, like if we could have all the wolves + bear out at the same time. xD

Been so long since the OG days, I was actually looking forward to making my Druid a summoner in D2:R. Then I remembered that you can't have both wolves and a bear out at the same time and quickly scrapped that idea again. Something about a "Summoner" with only 1 real summon is just silly..by that standard, even my Trapsin is a summoner (and a better one at that ^^).

Sorceress Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
even my Trapsin is a summoner (and a better one at that ^^).

EnragedN3wb 179Moderator

PC
Idk if I'd call it my favorite, but the most interesting build I've ever done was probably the
War Cry
barb I made waaaaay back in the day.

I don't even remember exactly what I used, or how I had my skills anymore, & he was utterly useless for almost everything... but the amount of rage induced in public duel games from people being
Stun
-locked by the fastest casting WC spam you have ever seen while it slowly chipped away at their HP was like nothing I had ever seen before. xD

I had never heard of the wsg at the time & idk if those people didn't know about it either or what, but it was just such a dumb build to die to, haha.

jbmc 89

Barbarian Americas PC
Melee characters are where I tend to lean towards the most in any game I play. So being able to spin-to-win on a
Whirlwind
barb is where its at for me.

It's just to bad almost everything else can be faster & better just because they don't use attack rating lol.

| All trades negotiable | NA Time Zone GMT -5 hours | If I don't reply within an hour I'm probably sleeping |

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
zealot sorc /w
Fanaticism
merc

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...