Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   1876 views

Description

It looks like the game join timer is handled locally - which means if you exit the game completely, it gets cleared. So, yeah, quitting might actually help!

If your computer is fast enough, you can quit the game all the way down to the Blizzard launcher and fire it back up again - once you do, the game join timer is cleared and you're free to join a new game. My rig is a few years old now and underclocked, and can exit and boot back to the game menu in ~30 seconds, so it's occasionally worth it.

Or, uh, we can just wait. Or do an extra Shenk run or something before leaving the game.
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

It looks like the game join timer is handled locally - which means if you exit the game completely, it gets cleared. So, yeah, quitting might actually help!

If your computer is fast enough, you can quit the game all the way down to the Blizzard launcher and fire it back up again - once you do, the game join timer is cleared and you're free to join a new game. My rig is a few years old now and underclocked, and can exit and boot back to the game menu in ~30 seconds, so it's occasionally worth it.

Or, uh, we can just wait. Or do an extra Shenk run or something before leaving the game.

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I do this constantly since they implemented the timer. But it was a gamble when there was the old Que because id save n exit just to re-enter to a 50-100 person line. DOH

OP
Yeah, the queue made this a non-option for a while. Now that the servers are beefed up/the playerbase has shrunk/they've fixed it, though, it seems like a safe bet.
Man, that sounds like a good idea, I just updated the rig not so long ago, ill try it today.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
This is amazing considering I spend a decent amount of time staring at that timer, cheers!

lf godly plate of the whale

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation