Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
59 replies   18846 views

[BUG] D2R Bug Deletes Your Items Once You Get Too Many [12/27]

No data yet

Description

UPDATES:
12/27 - Still no word from blizzard on this bug with the new patches. it may still be in effect. be careful!!
"i repeat this is a HUGE BUG as if certain conditions are met the game will start deleting your items doesnt matter if on bnet or in singleplayer.

so apparently characters have a limit of 8kb and if that is reached the game starts deleting items. some item(especially rares and crafted items) take up more filesize than others. in the old days with a smaller inventory this issue might not be so apparent but nowdays with a bigger stash this can easily become reality..

the game will start removing items based on its gold value, so jewellries and charms are pretty much the first goners...

THIS IS HUGE and blizz MUST migrate their database to a bigger size (i dont care if the game gets taken down for a week or so THIS SHIT MUST BE FIXED)

and everybody should know it, YOU ARE AFFECTED TOO

thanks to this thread of pointing it out https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comment ... _crafting/

and my consolence to OP"
Source:

This has actually happened to me too, several items i knew for a fact i had just went poof one day. Nothing major like some other people though.

Blizzard Forums for Updates/Bug Fixes: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/c ... scussion/6

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
UPDATES:
12/27 - Still no word from blizzard on this bug with the new patches. it may still be in effect. be careful!!
"i repeat this is a HUGE BUG as if certain conditions are met the game will start deleting your items doesnt matter if on bnet or in singleplayer.

so apparently characters have a limit of 8kb and if that is reached the game starts deleting items. some item(especially rares and crafted items) take up more filesize than others. in the old days with a smaller inventory this issue might not be so apparent but nowdays with a bigger stash this can easily become reality..

the game will start removing items based on its gold value, so jewellries and charms are pretty much the first goners...

THIS IS HUGE and blizz MUST migrate their database to a bigger size (i dont care if the game gets taken down for a week or so THIS SHIT MUST BE FIXED)

and everybody should know it, YOU ARE AFFECTED TOO

thanks to this thread of pointing it out https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comment ... _crafting/

and my consolence to OP"
Source:

This has actually happened to me too, several items i knew for a fact i had just went poof one day. Nothing major like some other people though.

Blizzard Forums for Updates/Bug Fixes: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/c ... scussion/6

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
Damn that's scary. Thanks for the information.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
I think this is fine though because blizzard is really good about replacing or compensating for items going missing through no fault of the player. wait no. i mean the exact opposite. this is not fine. get your shit together blizzard.

Deleted User 54930 0

Is this from your inventory? I've never had it happen from my inventory, but I've had loads of items disappear from the Ground after a very short time if there is much on the Ground at all. Just curious. Cheers.
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
straag wrote: 2 years ago
Is this from your inventory? I've never had it happen from my inventory, but I've had loads of items disappear from the Ground after a very short time if there is much on the Ground at all. Just curious. Cheers.
for me it was items in my personal stash on several characters went poof.

Same thing happened to me. I repaired my Grief using an
Horadric Cube
& Grief were gone. I also noticed random little things disappearing since I've been playing.

Deleted User 54930 0

*channels Neo from the Matrix it changes from the fight scene to the jump scene* "Whoa."
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
straag wrote: 2 years ago
*channels Neo from the Matrix it changes from the fight scene to the jump scene* "Whoa."
ya there's definitely a glitch in the mother fucking matrix. I'm sick of these mother fucking bugs in this mother fucking remaster!

Deleted User 54930 0

Nice SLJ impression lol
So for those that have had this happen, sorry for your loss, but can you clarify? This is when your personal stash gets filled with too many high data items? Meaning shared stash is fairly safe?

Consideration for my trade mules, maybe, as my played characters rarely have much in their personal stashes.

Nevermore#1558 add me for trades

OP

Sorceress Americas PC
iNevermore wrote: 2 years ago
So for those that have had this happen, sorry for your loss, but can you clarify? This is when your personal stash gets filled with too many high data items? Meaning shared stash is fairly safe?
for me it was my personal stash tabs. too many rings and amulets and things start to poof

For me the funny part was the cube disappearing. I've read that it has happened to others as well. People lost so many valuable things and it's sickening that nothing can be done about it but to move on.
Im going to stop hoarding amulets and rings. Just until they patch this

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
Sir.Brent wrote: 2 years ago
For me the funny part was the cube disappearing. I've read that it has happened to others as well. People lost so many valuable things and it's sickening that nothing can be done about it but to move on.
The cube poofing seems to be common amongst people reporting this happening. As well as it happening after crafting. Weird.
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
hopefully it doesnt take blizzard 2 months to fix this bug too. -_-

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
This just happened to me. I got randomly disconnected, when I logged back my cube was gone and I found two random empty spaces in my stash.
I didn't even store that much jewellery so I thought I was safe: 2 amulets, 14 rings and 12 sc. I wasn't.
Fortunately nothing of value was lost but this game feels like playing russian roulette now.
Chances increase as amount of single-slot crafts/rares in your personal stash increase. It was tested in Single Player and it appeared that character save file size was unchanged since Legacy. Everything over that limit would disappear upon saving character file. There hasn't been any confirmation whether this is the case in battle.net servers but it could very well be as exact same behavior has been met online.

Shared stash "should" be fine - we don't know what sort of limit shared stash has but it can be tested by someone with plenty of time. As it is a new feature and been coded from Ground-up, assumption is it work differently.
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
Cryptography wrote: 2 years ago
Shared stash "should" be fine - we don't know what sort of limit shared stash has but it can be tested by someone with plenty of time. As it is a new feature and been coded from Ground-up, assumption is it work differently.
well this clearly became a problem for most people very quickly considering the shared stash is only 3 lousy tabs. i thought "hey look at all this extra space!" for about a week... now i just want plugy again lol.

Did blizz said anything about it yet?
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
crocorinho wrote: 2 years ago
Did blizz said anything about it yet?
I have been checking blizz forums multiple times a day for an update and i only see more threads talking about this bug but without any official responses... -_-

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...