Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   1424 views

Description

Hi guys :D

So, I was wondering... What's the next step to take, runeword wise, when I have completed the following: Enigma, Grief, Fortitude, Infinity

I got trapsin, Wind druid, summonmancer and a smiter. Allready got a
Jah
and a
Lo
laying around, and was wondering what to do with my runes now...

The Fortitude is in a non
Eth
Wire Fleece
, so I could ofc upgrade this, but that seems as an extravagant use of a
Lo
rune :p Should I make more of the same? So I don't have to switch items between characters? Buy perfect unique items? I dont have SOJ, BK or Annihulus (I really want to grind out my own anni in a pub walk). What's your take on this? :)
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi guys :D

So, I was wondering... What's the next step to take, runeword wise, when I have completed the following: Enigma, Grief, Fortitude, Infinity

I got trapsin, Wind druid, summonmancer and a smiter. Allready got a
Jah
and a
Lo
laying around, and was wondering what to do with my runes now...

The Fortitude is in a non
Eth
Wire Fleece
, so I could ofc upgrade this, but that seems as an extravagant use of a
Lo
rune :p Should I make more of the same? So I don't have to switch items between characters? Buy perfect unique items? I dont have SOJ, BK or Annihulus (I really want to grind out my own anni in a pub walk). What's your take on this? :)

DonArildo#2693
Maybe CTA for buffing?
OP
I forgot to mention: I got CTA as well ^^ BUT: Its the worst possible roll though

DonArildo#2693

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
There's still tons of possible things you could still do! Especially as you become more "D2 Rich".

1. create those same runewords for multiple characters as you said so you don't have to constantly swap. They deserve their own. ;)

2. start creating other fun runewords like Doom, Faith, Breath of the Dying, Dream, Dragon, Rift ext and start experimenting with all the cool/wacky endgame builds you can create with them.

3. Start creating more alt characters. I have 17 alts and only 1 is a mule. I make 2-4 of every class and each class is its own build. So a javazon, bowzon, trapsin, kicksin, psn/Bone/summon necros. ext. I dont like to get rushed. i like to actually enjoy playing the game all the way through with each build. I will only typically "MF" just to find better gear for leveling my alts.

Repeatedly doing MF runs till you drop hasn't ever been fun to me in D2. That's like listening to your favorite song over and over until you literally hate it. You have to add some variety.

OP
Thanks for good advice ^^

Totally agree with the grinding getting boring if thats ONLY what you do. That's why I also love my smiter. Switching it up by doing ubers for people :)

I have never played sorc in d2 - ever! Am I the only one? And still been able to get on Forbes' top 100 richest d2r players list ^^ Haha :D

I dont have time to play THAT much, so I'll save the sorc until ladder starts. But I love my new Wind druid :)

DonArildo#2693
Do you have Last Wish ? This needs some runes ;)
OP
No, I dont have that. Was hoping no one would mention it, haha :D

It's insanely expensive. Is it really worth it - AND that much better than Grief?

DonArildo#2693
Since you are already destroying Uber, I don't think it would make such a difference.
The aura of the weapon makes a great boost though.

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
DonArildo wrote: 2 years ago
I have never played sorc in d2 - ever! Am I the only one?
ya probably the only person on earth. lol :P. Each build and class has its own unique playstyle with strengths and weaknesses in certain scenarios or each act. Some builds are obviously much faster and easier than others. Pretty much every Sorc build is the "fastest" since you have
Teleport
+
Static Field
and can kill any boss naked lol.

OP
Yeah, I got my Enigma pretty early, so that's probably the reason why I haven't made a sorc yet ˆˆ

Guess I wont be as lucky with rune drops when ladder starts, so then it's sorc FTW :D

DonArildo#2693

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
Highly recommend a
Werebear
Sorc if you are real bored end of season with excess Wealth.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d2/bear-sorceress-build

I will also always advocated for creating a dual Dream tesladin with any and all spare
Jah
's. It's where I put my first 2 Jahs every season and if you wanna play the strongest build in the game where everything melts on p8 go Tesladin.
OP
The tesladin looks very interersting! I will look into it if I can get one more
Jah
:D

DonArildo#2693
Did you make a Beast yet for your summoner?
OP
No, actually not. Thats a good suggestion, but i havent played the necro in over a month now. But thats something to have in your arsenal for sure. Guess there still is things to hunt for ;)

DonArildo#2693

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
Trade the
Lo
and some other goodies for a
Jah
:) easy enough. Harder part is finding a good Dream pally base imo.
OP
So what's the best base then? High defense and res in a
Vortex Shield
?

DonArildo#2693

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
Vortex Shield
?
Any of the Elite pally shields... but it has to be 3os is generally 43-45res. Anything 3os and 45 res is worth about an HR itself if it's an elite version.
Vortex Shield
?
Tesladin is what i rushed in d2r. I would recommend either
Sacred Targe
or
Sacred Rondache
with 30% and 28% block respectively. All other shields have lower base blocks. I found myself a good deal for a
Rondache
which i like better aestheticaly than
Targe
. Also made the Dream head on a
Winged Helm
, after trying a
Bone Visage
, again for aesthetic reasons. The sligh def drop is negligible

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...