Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   994 views

Is this a good idea?

You may select 1 option

Total votes: 10

Description

I hope I'm not going to stir up a hornet's nest by suggesting a change to this classic game...but the quality of life gains would be sooooo good if every character you owned had access to your own menu/stable of mercs hired across all your characters.

having rolled a sweet Infinity...it's such a pita to have to put it into the stash to swap onto another character every single time i want to play a different class...i would totally deck out every single type of merc if i could access them across my whole account. would encourage more experimentation of pairing toons with mercs i think.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I hope I'm not going to stir up a hornet's nest by suggesting a change to this classic game...but the quality of life gains would be sooooo good if every character you owned had access to your own menu/stable of mercs hired across all your characters.

having rolled a sweet Infinity...it's such a pita to have to put it into the stash to swap onto another character every single time i want to play a different class...i would totally deck out every single type of merc if i could access them across my whole account. would encourage more experimentation of pairing toons with mercs i think.
Yeah I am on board with this idea.
This doesnt make or break the game like changes they have coming in the next update... Ugh

Also think they might as well just gtive us the ability to earn/get/buy more shared stashes instead of having every person who plays seriously have 20 characters...
MoistPrune wrote: 2 years ago
This doesnt make or break the game like changes they have coming in the next update... Ugh
What changes are those? The skill hotkeys to match what the people that play with controller already have now?

Regarding the merc stable -- I just do not see it happening.

How would that work with mercs having their own levels?

It sounds like OP really just wants to share their gear which you could do if you want to take the time to swap it in out and of shared stash. Just like you would if you shared Enigma, etc. between characters.

LockeDown
Hardcore PC Ladder
LockeDown wrote: 2 years ago
What changes are those? The skill hotkeys to match what the people that play with controller already have now?

It sounds like OP really just wants to share their gear which you could do if you want to take the time to swap it in out and of shared stash. Just like you would if you shared Enigma, etc. between characters.
Yes, the hotkeys. And I am aware that controller gets that benefit, and instead of giving it to everyone they should take it away from them.

And yes, thats what he wants. He already said he was aware of swapping it into shared stashes, but its tedious and annoying.

BillyMaysed 2203Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
and instead of giving it to everyone they should take it away from them.
Yes lets remove modern day QoL hotbars that greatly improves the game play of all games. I love having to press extra keys just to use a single skill despite it not being that way in almost any other game. We should also remove the shared stash and go back to muling. It's just TOO convenient, you know? xD lol

BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
and instead of giving it to everyone they should take it away from them.
Yes lets remove modern day QoL hotbars that greatly improves the game play of all games. I love having to press extra keys just to use a single skill despite it not being that way in almost any other game. We should also remove the shared stash and go back to muling. It's just TOO convenient, you know? xD lol
The game is not balanced around insta skills. Get over it.

BillyMaysed 2203Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
How could i possibly argue something this compelling? Well said sir.

Since hotbars ARE coming (and already here), me thinks its you who has something to get over. ;P

OP
LockeDown wrote: 2 years ago

i dont see it happening either cuz Blizz is lazy. but it wouldn't be that hard...levels are locked unless you're on the character that hired them. not difficult.

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
Do i understand that right? The reason why insta skill should not be there because the game is not balanced around that? And then you like an idea for a change the game was not balanced around? Sorry but your argument is not very convincing.

I have nothing against the idea but i also feel no need for it. But your idea of removing the hotbar would let me leave D2R.
zenche wrote: 2 years ago
i dont see it happening either cuz Blizz is lazy. but it wouldn't be that hard...levels are locked unless you're on the character that hired them. not difficult.
Why do you think it wouldn't be that hard? D2 is a very old game and chances are high that the code is a mess to work with. The hard part of programming is in most cases not implementing a feature but integrating it to a already existing system. I would never say it is easy if i don't know the codebase.
OP
For a company the size of blizzard, they can figure it out. Everything comes down to resource management and priorities, which is why it won't happen. It's not hard, it just takes time. Which is not the same as easy. But we aren't talking about curing cancer here. But this is all not the point of my thread.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...