Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
1 reply   295 views

Description

It would be very useful to have a way to know who's reliable when trading. Some people are seemingly very reckless in wasting people's time;
  • Not looking at the offer's details before engaging in the trade
  • Outright canceling the trade last minute (after having arranged everything) without warning
  • Making a reservation, before outright jumping on another offer, again, without warning
  • Making offers before going quiet, or outright vanishing, for days without mentioning it

Abuse of such a feature could be limited so only people who post in a sale/buy offer can be marked by the one creating the offer, and vice versa. Making it so it only shows up after X amount of marks from different people could limit the abuse possibility. Defining certain criteria (trust threshold, time since account was created, etc) to also be able to give such a mark could further limit it.
Description by marcfrancois

Can be used to make Runewords:

It would be very useful to have a way to know who's reliable when trading. Some people are seemingly very reckless in wasting people's time;
  • Not looking at the offer's details before engaging in the trade
  • Outright canceling the trade last minute (after having arranged everything) without warning
  • Making a reservation, before outright jumping on another offer, again, without warning
  • Making offers before going quiet, or outright vanishing, for days without mentioning it

Abuse of such a feature could be limited so only people who post in a sale/buy offer can be marked by the one creating the offer, and vice versa. Making it so it only shows up after X amount of marks from different people could limit the abuse possibility. Defining certain criteria (trust threshold, time since account was created, etc) to also be able to give such a mark could further limit it.
Request fulfilledby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
marcfrancois wrote: 2 years ago
It would be very useful to have a way to know who's reliable when trading.
Trust. Have you had the opportunity to receive or exchange trust yet after a successful trade? Looks like it, you're at 17.

I can't be expected to make (even more) complex functionality like this on top of the trust system. Witch hunting features where people are 'marked' with thresholds etc. always leads to a bad place. There are plenty of systems already in place to mitigate these kinds of things as much as possible, but I can't control the weather mate.

Teebling 5820Admin

Europe PC
marcfrancois wrote: 2 years ago
It would be very useful to have a way to know who's reliable when trading.
Trust. Have you had the opportunity to receive or exchange trust yet after a successful trade? Looks like it, you're at 17.

I can't be expected to make (even more) complex functionality like this on top of the trust system. Witch hunting features where people are 'marked' with thresholds etc. always leads to a bad place. There are plenty of systems already in place to mitigate these kinds of things as much as possible, but I can't control the weather mate.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...