Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
23 replies   1494 views

Description

hi,

in the old d2 time my motivation playing ladder was not the rush to lvl 99 it was:
  • getting the ladder only uniques
  • craft a bunch of high runes since this was only possible in ladder
now all the stuff is possible in non ladder and the new rune words in 2.4 dont look really sick to me.

i dont see a motivation to play ladder what is your motivation except the rush to lvl 99
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

hi,

in the old d2 time my motivation playing ladder was not the rush to lvl 99 it was:
  • getting the ladder only uniques
  • craft a bunch of high runes since this was only possible in ladder
now all the stuff is possible in non ladder and the new rune words in 2.4 dont look really sick to me.

i dont see a motivation to play ladder what is your motivation except the rush to lvl 99
None tbh u can now purchase all them items online from hacking farmers so d2r will die fast sad but it's true

The God GODLY29ER..
I'm in it for the ah I found it finally but most just pull out mommy n daddy credit card n buy a whole character

The God GODLY29ER..
I hear you. Only motivation I see is new builds, but on ladder. Using some of the new runewords. As always, it's a new economy. Maybe you'll find something early on that gives you an advantage. Other than that, motivation is totally on you.

Online mostly between the hours of 7pm to 12am EST ( US)
Besides new runewords, ladder games are more challenging.
God29 wrote: 2 years ago
I'm in it for the ah I found it finally but most just pull out mommy n daddy credit card n buy a whole character
These are the people who didn't play this game 20 some years ago. This is the human race today. God help us all. I crave a new game where a credit card buys the game, but nothing else. Completionist is merely how much money are you willing to spend to look like you accomplished something. It's truly why I still love this game, Diablo's economy is better than our own economy!!!! LOL

EDIT: for the absolute record I have never spend a dime "in" game for any diablo item. That's the real challenge isnt it?

Online mostly between the hours of 7pm to 12am EST ( US)

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
Staying away from the usual starting ladder cookie cutter builds and trying alternative less powerful builds.
Playing at my own pace and figuring out how to optimize the build without access to endgame gear is where I'm having fun.

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
The only motivation for me to bother playing ladder would be if I had to for trading purposes. I.e. if non-ladder dies to the point of making it just not viable to get the stuff I'd normally trade for without being on ladder. At that point, there'd be a ladder farming sorc to build funds and trade the stuff that is then passed on to the chars it is actually for after the season.

The only other reason would be if you had to play ladder for new runewords/recipes but that seems to not be the case as you can just wait for post-ladder and use/create them then.
maybe for Act 6?

Mr. Llama joke

y2kid 109

PC
For me it's the freshess of the game. I am low level and so is everyone else. We'll all have a few weeks of fund finding "exciting" items and trading them, before it gets very repetitive and slowly the trade market fades away, leaving only the really well geared people that want to push for 99 active. That's always been the cycle but I find the trading and economy part of it exciting. Not even sure why I'm hoarding all those treasures, usually with time I end up just giving away all my Wealth anyway :D So when I start anew I am not tempted by my old items. So the thrill of the hunt for those uniques and finding people to trade with is my main motivation. Regardless of any runewords I think that will always be the case for me personally

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
Nostalgia. I grew up with this game, but I never played ladder. Parents couldn’t afford reliable internet :). Most of my time was spent in the very old school world that existed without respecs and without synergies. And I loved it.

To be honest I never even played LOD until COVID hit and I needed something to fill my quarantined time. I reinstalled my old favorite games and I always find myself drawn back to this one. It’s a great way to blow off steam after work and I’m looking forward to joining the first D2R ladder season.
I've got no real motivation to play ladder. Start fresh? Maybe. Different builds? Maybe. Ladder only runewords? Chances they will be non-ladder at the end.

I did D3 seasons for a while, at at first it was ok, then it was just a refresh. New character, same basic strategy, new gear, but only for certain builds.

Besides, I am still basking in nostalgia in regular mode, and playing my bowazon is pretty zen and relaxing, so why change that up?
Leaker416 wrote: 2 years ago
I've got no real motivation to play ladder. Start fresh? Maybe. Different builds? Maybe. Ladder only runewords? Chances they will be non-ladder at the end.

I did D3 seasons for a while, at at first it was ok, then it was just a refresh. New character, same basic strategy, new gear, but only for certain builds.

Besides, I am still basking in nostalgia in regular mode, and playing my bowazon is pretty zen and relaxing, so why change that up?
Gotta agree...My only experience is with D3 seasons and setting my brain to autopilot to farm, with a powerful character, has it's own reward.
none to be honest, its for the streamers, I have a life outside of the game so I'm rather annoyed by this reset mentality.
Leaker416 wrote: 2 years ago

Same for me, I have a few characters that is quite well geared after some serious grinding, not sure if I want to do it again considering the other things in life i have to focus on. The satisfaction/utility generated by ladder mode is quite low for me and i dont have enough free time to burn.

The new runewords are interesting but i can wait for 4 - 6 months until it becomes available for everyone post ladder season 1. I probably wont be able to farm it before the ladder finishes anyways.
Nothing for me. Ever since the patch release note was out. People read it, decided it is NOT worth their time, and MORE people have left the game..... for GOOD. These people wont be coming back.

Now the servers will be more empty than ever.

Sad reality, but Blizz already have our money, why would they dedicate more resource on something that doesnt net them profit anymore.

Blizz has become a bearucratic company all about profits...... and the accassional sexual harrassment of female employees. It's no wonder they gotta sell out to Microsoft.

There's no chance in hope Blizz will create a long list of new runewords and new gameplay, they just wont, there's no extra money going in. We're all screwed and that's why this game is dying much faster then the original D2.

Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
traxex333 wrote: 2 years ago
Same for me, I have a few characters that is quite well geared after some serious grinding, not sure if I want to do it again considering the other things in life i have to focus on. The satisfaction/utility generated by ladder mode is quite low for me and i dont have enough free time to burn.
What is worse, that "fresh" mentality has crept into other games, such as WoW Classic (SoM) and Hearthstone (Standard) as well, where (in WoW) you have to spend a lot more time than in D2 to build a decent character or (in HS) spend a lot of money. But WoW = subs, HS = card packs, so Bli$$ has to artificially extend the gameplay. Well, they could have introduce new features, content, maybe even expansions (both for D2 and WoW), but they fired the dev team ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
Never played Ladder before (though I did play D2 for years), I was just playing normal.
So it'll be a first for me.

But yeah, in the future there will need to be some incentive I suppose.
mishabg wrote: 2 years ago
Never played Ladder before (though I did play D2 for years), I was just playing normal.
So it'll be a first for me.
Legacy D2 incentives (ladder-only unique items, runewords, increased difficulty) were not enough?
mishabg wrote: 2 years ago
But yeah, in the future there will need to be some incentive I suppose.
I'm afraid D2R ladders will never have that many unique features. ☹
the fact that a lot of items have value when ladder starts is a big argument for me. farming right now is nearlly limited to hrs and charms, except a few uniques...

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...