Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   17615 views

Will ladder-only runewords be available for non-ladder characters after 2.4?

No data yet

Description

I plan to make an Insight in a bow after 2.4. But I don't know if it is worth it to get a base now as I cannot find if runewords like Insight will be available after 2.4.

Was there any info if Ladder-only restrictions will come back to the game?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I plan to make an Insight in a bow after 2.4. But I don't know if it is worth it to get a base now as I cannot find if runewords like Insight will be available after 2.4.

Was there any info if Ladder-only restrictions will come back to the game?
Answeredby Schnorki2 years agoGo to post
You need to differentiate on two things here:

1) Ladder only runewords vs. 2.4 changes to existing runewords
and
2) "After 2.4..eventually" and "right after 2.4"

2.4 comes with both, brand new runewords that will be introduced as ladder runewords and with new changes to existing runewords. Those changes to existing runewords (such as making Insight available in bows) should be available to any character in any game mode that can currently make that runeword right after patch 2.4 is deployed to live. They should be independent of anything ladder.
"Should" meaning that's what the general understanding is and there is no reason to believe otherwise but I for one would be sure to test it and double-check with a cheaper one like an Insight bow, before going for an Infinity spear. You never know what Blizz ends up messing up or simply changing last minute after all.

The brand new runewords (e.g. plague) are a different story. They will NOT be available right after 2.4 hits. These will become available shortly (likely about a week) after patch 2.4 hits, with the start of ladder season 1. At that point in time, they will ONLY be available for ladder characters. The current understanding and last stated goal (also possibly subject to change, you never know) is for these runewords to then become available for non-ladder as well after season 1 officially ends. Season 2 may (not will..may) then introduce further new runewords as ladder-only for season 2, following the same pattern.

TLDR:
Yes, insight should be available in bows immediately after 2.4 hits and should not require you to wait for/play ladder to make it.

Let's deal, my friend.
Insight is already available in non-ladder, though not in a bow yet.
For that you have to wait for 2.4, but that should be ladder independent.

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.
From what we know, soon as 2.4 hits we'll be able to make those anywhere in the game.

I'm keeping all 4 sockets bows I can find (and some people have already started buying the good ones, superiors and the like).

So it'd be a good time to try and get a base! I'm sure prices will climb soon as the patch hits, though it probably won't reach the same kind of prices as
Eth
polearms, given there aren't
Eth
bows, and many will still use A2 mercs for the auras.

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
You need to differentiate on two things here:

1) Ladder only runewords vs. 2.4 changes to existing runewords
and
2) "After 2.4..eventually" and "right after 2.4"

2.4 comes with both, brand new runewords that will be introduced as ladder runewords and with new changes to existing runewords. Those changes to existing runewords (such as making Insight available in bows) should be available to any character in any game mode that can currently make that runeword right after patch 2.4 is deployed to live. They should be independent of anything ladder.
"Should" meaning that's what the general understanding is and there is no reason to believe otherwise but I for one would be sure to test it and double-check with a cheaper one like an Insight bow, before going for an Infinity
Spear
. You never know what Blizz ends up messing up or simply changing last minute after all.

The brand new runewords (e.g. Plague) are a different story. They will NOT be available right after 2.4 hits. These will become available shortly (likely about a week) after patch 2.4 hits, with the start of ladder season 1. At that point in time, they will ONLY be available for ladder characters. The current understanding and last stated goal (also possibly subject to change, you never know) is for these runewords to then become available for non-ladder as well after season 1 officially ends. Season 2 may (not will..may) then introduce further new runewords as ladder-only for season 2, following the same Pattern.

TLDR:
Yes, Insight should be available in bows immediately after 2.4 hits and should not require you to wait for/play ladder to make it.
This post was marked as the best answer.
I realllly want to try an Insight Bow on a Rogue. Sorc and Rogue are both ranged chars, so I'm curious how it will feel to
Teleport
away from enemies and have both chars fling their ranged attacks at enemies.
Don't want to open up a new topic so asking here: I just got in ladder for the first time in S2 and no idea what happens when season ends for ladder exclusive run words, that is in my case, Flickering Flame and S2 exclusive sunder charms. Could I be able to save them and use, or will they be somehow disappear or become noneffective?

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
basicnecromancy wrote: 1 year ago
Don't want to open up a new topic so asking here: I just got in ladder for the first time in S2 and no idea what happens when season ends for ladder exclusive run words, that is in my case, Flickering Flame and S2 exclusive sunder charms. Could I be able to save them and use, or will they be somehow disappear or become noneffective?
Unless they change how things work(ed), which I doubt, everything you have on your ladder characters (including the characters themselves) will convert to non-ladder after S2 ends. Nothing will become unusable or disappear. You can still use (or sell) your ladder-only runewords and sunders, you merely can't make/find new ones on your now non-ladder chars (unless they do enable them in NL after S2).

Similarly, your shared stash moves to non-ladder as well, as a new "past" stash, overwriting the one you currently have accessible from season 1. You can't put anything into that stash but you can withdraw all of your S2 stuff through all of S3. After S3 ends, your S3 shared stash would then overwrite the S2 one much like S2 will overwrite S1.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago

Unless they change how things work(ed), which I doubt, everything you have on your ladder characters (including the characters themselves) will convert to non-ladder after S2 ends. Nothing will become unusable or disappear. You can still use (or sell) your ladder-only runewords and sunders, you merely can't make/find new ones on your now non-ladder chars (unless they do enable them in NL after S2).

Similarly, your shared stash moves to non-ladder as well, as a new "past" stash, overwriting the one you currently have accessible from season 1. You can't put anything into that stash but you can withdraw all of your S2 stuff through all of S3. After S3 ends, your S3 shared stash would then overwrite the S2 one much like S2 will overwrite S1.
So basically one can have +3 shared stashes on S3 but this +3 are only for withdrawing, yes?

ShadowHeart 1721Moderator

Europe PC
Yes. This is how it looks:

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
Yes. This is how it looks:

bild.png

bild.png
Thanks mate, now everything seems clearer. :D

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...