Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
28 replies   5410 views

What is the right name i have to put in the title when I wanna sell rings/amus/jools/Sks?

No data yet

Description

Hey,

Trying to figure something out. What is the correct thing to write in the title when you wanna sell charms, jewels, rings or amulets? You just write for example "rare ring" or do you write the name of the yellow ring in the title like for example "storm whorl ring"? Until now I have written the stats and attributes in the title, but found out that it is wrong and against the rules.

Would be nice if someone could help me there

Thank you
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Afura 10

Druid Europe PC
Hey,

Trying to figure something out. What is the correct thing to write in the title when you wanna sell charms, jewels, rings or amulets? You just write for example "rare ring" or do you write the name of the yellow ring in the title like for example "storm whorl ring"? Until now I have written the stats and attributes in the title, but found out that it is wrong and against the rules.

Would be nice if someone could help me there

Thank you
Answeredby PrincipalO2 years agoGo to post
Ymp wrote: 2 years ago
In case of charms, write exactly as you see it ingame.
For crafted items, write for example caster amulet or blood ring. It'll recognize the item.
For a rare ring you could just type ring, and click rare in the filters. I'd probably be tempted to write something like rare fcr ring, or rare dual leech ring tho for better advertising value. I'm almost sure that isn't against any rule. Whatever you do, don't write down the random fantasy name of the rare ring, that'll help nobody.
"Do not add attributes or modifiers to the title, these kinds of details go into the comments section below [...]"

According to the same message you get when typing "rare ring" in the name slot.
As soon as you put the word charm, this message pops up answering your question

For trades: PrincipalO#2775
For DClone/Ubers: ForrestGrump#2731
OP

Afura 10

Druid Europe PC
PrincipalOShagH wrote: 2 years ago
image.png As soon as you put the word charm, this message pops up answering your question
I see thank you. So my example with the ring is correct?
Afura wrote: 2 years ago
image.png As soon as you put the word charm, this message pops up answering your question
I assume yes, not sure if "ring" is part of the name or should be specified in the advanced tab of the trade though.

Ymp 30

Europe PC
For crafted items, write for example
Caster Amulet
or
Blood Ring
. It'll recognize the item.
For a rare ring you could just type ring, and click rare in the filters. I'd probably be tempted to write something like rare fcr ring, or rare dual leech ring tho for better advertising value. I'm almost sure that isn't against any rule. Whatever you do, don't write down the random fantasy name of the rare ring, that'll help nobody.

Check out my almost FREE trade here: trade/and-id-items-for-gems-t1211594.html

NL - SC - PC
OP

Afura 10

Druid Europe PC
I assume yes, not sure if "ring" is part of the name or should be specified in the advanced tab of the trade though.
Good question, I see that for example skillers have the name grand charm in the title, so I guess ring will be part of the title too, not sure though.
That's because they're magic, not rare. Magic rings also are called "xxx Ring of yyy".

Caster Amulet
or
Blood Ring
"Do not add attributes or modifiers to the title, these kinds of details go into the comments section below [...]"

According to the same message you get when typing "rare ring" in the name slot.
This post was marked as the best answer.

OP

Afura 10

Druid Europe PC
Caster Amulet
or
Blood Ring
Ok thank you, so far I have put the attributes of the ring in the title and have added the filters options like rare, ring, magic find and so on. I think the problem is if you put fcr in the title too you are tempted to add the other good stats let's say strength, mf and so on too in the tittle. With random fantasy name you mean "storm whorl ring"? This actually the name of the item in the game :D
OP

Afura 10

Druid Europe PC
That's because they're magic, not rare. Magic rings also are called "xxx Ring of yyy".
You are right, I just double checked it.

Ymp 30

Europe PC
With random fantasy name you mean "storm whorl ring"? This actually the name of the item in the game :D
Also with any other magic item, but not with rares, as their name carries no info as to what they actually are. Magic item names tell you almost exactly what the item does.

NL - SC - PC
OP

Afura 10

Druid Europe PC
With random fantasy name you mean "storm whorl ring"? This actually the name of the item in the game :D
Also with any other magic item, but not with rares, as their name carries no info as to what they actually are. Magic item names tell you almost exactly what the item does.
Ok I see, the name of blue items makes sense, but the name of rare items not :) . So with magic items like blue jewels, charms or blue rings it is better to write the whole name of the item in the title and for rare rings, rare amus or rare jewels it is better just to write rare ring, rare amu or rare jewel in the title.

Ymp 30

Europe PC
Yes.
You can also just write Ring. Then, click the rare button in the filter options, and it'll list your ring with a yellow name letting everyone know that it is a rare. That carries no info about whether it's for caster or melee tho. Also, there is no filter option to specify items having stats, leech, and ias sadly. So all of these should be written in the description if applicable.

NL - SC - PC
OP

Afura 10

Druid Europe PC
Yes.
You can also just write Ring. Then, click the rare button in the filter options, and it'll list your ring with a yellow name letting everyone know that it is a rare. That carries no info about whether it's for caster or melee tho. Also, there is no filter option to specify items having stats, leech, and ias sadly. So all of these should be written in the description if applicable.
This is the whole point and the problem, I was told I was doing it against the rule if I would put stuff like fcr, 6%life leech, 25% fcr and so on in the title of the item, but how do people know if this is a lifeleech ring, melee ring,
Caster Ring
or whatever? :/ They only know it if they hover of the item or if they do a detailed research for specific items. I mean if you just write rare ring, I doubt that much people will look at it, the chances would be much higher to check the item out if it would have fcr, or lifeleech ring in the name.

Ymp 30

Europe PC
Who said adding fcr to a rare item's title is against the rules?
With say
Caster Amulet
, you don't have to add fcr for example, because you know it has some. You should browse all these items, hoping to see a screenshot for easy assessment.

NL - SC - PC
OP

Afura 10

Druid Europe PC
Who said adding fcr to a rare item's title is against the rules?
With say
Caster Amulet
, you don't have to add fcr for example, because you know it has some. You should browse all these items, hoping to see a screenshot for easy assessment.
It says "do not add attributes or modifiers to the title"

Hmm but the
Caster Amulet
is for crafted amulet and not for rare amulet, I guess people still use it though also for rare amulets.
Who said adding fcr to a rare item's title is against the rules? [...]
The rules.

"It appears you are trying to list or search for a ring. [...] Do not add attributes or modifiers to the title [...]"

Ymp 30

Europe PC
Those are guidelines. And it also makes sense for magic, and crafted items where I think most ppl follow them. For a rare ring or amulet there isn't exactly much to put in the title except for some of its most useful attributes.

NL - SC - PC

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Put magic attributes in the description, as advised. People can search in your trade's description too.

Do not put magic attributes in the title.

Ymp 30

Europe PC
What should the title of a rare ring look like, exactly?

NL - SC - PC

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation