Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   4094 views

Description

Hello people!

I have built my first smiter, and i have doubts about what to use in the open sockets. I gotta say that since this is a budget smiter, i decided at first to use
Griswold
complete set to get it done. I know the builds that use Grief and some other runewords with my beloved Zakarum are better, but this what i chose.

I'll let you see my build until now, so you can help me choose what to put in the armor (3),
Helm
(2) and weapon (4), because the shield is already socketed with 3 perfect diamonds to reach full resistances. https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/k80106rp

I dont know if the enhanced damage in the weapon is actually converted in real damage with the main skill, and also if i put some
Shael
it witll reach the
Cap
to attack more per second. Even the same with the faster hit recovery about the next
Cap
per second.

Also thinking about changing thundergod for verdungo and nokozan for another better amulet.

Every opinion and suggestion is appreciated to help me defeat that uber bosses with my full ik baba friend.

Thank you to everyone in advance and sorry for my english :D
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello people!

I have built my first smiter, and i have doubts about what to use in the open sockets. I gotta say that since this is a budget smiter, i decided at first to use
Griswold
complete set to get it done. I know the builds that use Grief and some other runewords with my beloved Zakarum are better, but this what i chose.

I'll let you see my build until now, so you can help me choose what to put in the armor (3),
Helm
(2) and weapon (4), because the shield is already socketed with 3 perfect diamonds to reach full resistances. https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/k80106rp

I dont know if the enhanced damage in the weapon is actually converted in real damage with the main skill, and also if i put some
Shael
it witll reach the
Cap
to attack more per second. Even the same with the faster hit recovery about the next
Cap
per second.

Also thinking about changing thundergod for verdungo and nokozan for another better amulet.

Every opinion and suggestion is appreciated to help me defeat that uber bosses with my full ik baba friend.

Thank you to everyone in advance and sorry for my english :D
I would change the skills - no need to add fire/light resi as you'll be using
Salvation
if you need more resistances (for example vs
Mephisto
).

You also need more points in
Zeal
- main clearing skill when you run to
Izual
/
Lilith
and you're stuck. Also procs lifeleech quicker than
Smite
if you're down with hp.

Some ppl prefer to put 1 point in
Smite
and max other stuff, with your current setup I would use skills from my screenshot. (got Grief Exile Fortitude smiter from really bare minimum going this path)

Stormlash 353Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
@MonzonDC Here is how I progress with my Smiter on Hardcore.
There's plenty of room for improvements and you can take a more offensive approach if you are on Softcore.

Regarding your budget socket options for the Griswold's Set:

Helm: Resistances/Life
Armor: Resistances/Life
Weapon: Increased Attack Speed

OP
Stormlash wrote: 2 years ago
@MonzonDC Here is how I progress with my Smiter on Hardcore.
There's plenty of room for improvements and you can take a more offensive approach if you are on Softcore.

Regarding your budget socket options for the Griswold's Set:

Helm: Resistances/Life
Armor: Resistances/Life
Weapon: Increased Attack Speed
I like your points in
Defiance
to improve the
Holy Shield
defense, so i might copy that. Also, don't you think
Salvation
is needed when facing
Mephisto
due to the
Conviction
aura he has???

The socketing is exactly what i was thinking, and since my resistances are good enough i will go
Shael
and full life to be more tanky.
OP
Psych00l wrote: 2 years ago
I would change the skills - no need to add fire/light resi as you'll be using
Salvation
if you need more resistances (for example vs
Mephisto
).

You also need more points in
Zeal
- main clearing skill when you run to
Izual
/
Lilith
and you're stuck. Also procs lifeleech quicker than
Smite
if you're down with hp.

Some ppl prefer to put 1 point in
Smite
and max other stuff, with your current setup I would use skills from my screenshot. (got Grief Exile Fortitude smiter from really bare minimum going this path)
Why would
Zeal
be better than
Smite
to clear big groups of mobs? I am asking sincerely since i have always seen a Smiter go full
Smite
and no points in
Zeal

Stormlash 353Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
@MonzonDC
Also, don't you think
Salvation
is needed when facing
Mephisto
due to the
Conviction
aura he has???
Nope. Get some Resistances/Life charms instead.
Personally, I've never used
Salvation
for Ubers.

@MonzonDC After seeing this post I tried it for myself and respecced similar to the suggestion by Psych00l, going full
Zeal
+
Smite
, leaving out points in the resist auras in exchange. The difference on my way to
Izual
and especially
Lilith
are like night and day. The knockback of
Smite
made it difficult to keep life leach consistent and while being cursed and shot at by the witches died many times.
Zeal
let's you hit the enemies more consistently and thus you LL is way more efficient. Also I feel (can't confirm it) that
Life Tap
procs faster, due to 5 attacks in a very quick manner. I can only recommend highly putting points into
Zeal
. If you feel like it's not for you or you don't have respeccs to try it out, let me know, I have several Tokens in my stash.

For trades: PrincipalO#2775
For DClone/Ubers: ForrestGrump#2731
Also @
Stormlash
, I feel like this post got moved to the trade section by accident due to it containing the word Uber probably :D

edit: @BillyMaysed tried to link
Stormlash
, but... well you see the result one line above

For trades: PrincipalO#2775
For DClone/Ubers: ForrestGrump#2731

Stormlash 353Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
PrincipalOShagH wrote: 2 years ago
Also @
Stormlash
, I feel like this post got moved to the trade section by accident due to it containing the word Uber probably :D

edit: @BillyMaysed tried to link
Stormlash
, but... well you see the result one line above
Nice catch! Fixed!
Thank you.

Edit: I'm very special...

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...