Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
39 replies   11018 views

Description

Hi,

im trying to prepare for my first uber run. But i want to do that as an hybrid hammerdin/smiter (1pt
Smite
, 1pt
Fanaticism
and rest into
Holy Shield
) because I don't want to level up another paladin (want one versatile one). I have gathered so far such gear:

Guillaume's Face

Guardian Angel
(with Treachery for
Fade
)
Dracul's Grasp

Goblin Toe

String of Ears
(
Thundergod's Vigor
for Meph)
Highlord's Wrath

Raven Frost

Dwarf Star

Herald Of Zakarum
(with
Um
)
Black as weapon, cause don't have anything better.

Can I get feedback from experienced uber smiters if that is enough for first ever try of killing ubers. I want to collect my first ever torch, keys collected :)

I also feel that it would be wise to have someone on "standby" if something go wrong :D Any volunteers appreciated :)
Cheers
Description by BloodyRaven2210

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi,

im trying to prepare for my first uber run. But i want to do that as an hybrid hammerdin/smiter (1pt
Smite
, 1pt
Fanaticism
and rest into
Holy Shield
) because I don't want to level up another paladin (want one versatile one). I have gathered so far such gear:

Guillaume's Face

Guardian Angel
(with Treachery for
Fade
)
Dracul's Grasp

Goblin Toe

String of Ears
(
Thundergod's Vigor
for Meph)
Highlord's Wrath

Raven Frost

Dwarf Star

Herald Of Zakarum
(with
Um
)
Black as weapon, cause don't have anything better.

Can I get feedback from experienced uber smiters if that is enough for first ever try of killing ubers. I want to collect my first ever torch, keys collected :)

I also feel that it would be wise to have someone on "standby" if something go wrong :D Any volunteers appreciated :)
Cheers
If this is a smiter not a hammerdin than yes you should be good.

When do you plan on running this? Make sure you have some full rejuv's in your
Belt
Lilith
hits hard and if your lifetap takes a second to proc she can hurt alot.

Always have
Key of Destruction

Will run your ubers for 1
Key
tip!

Khegan 376

Maybe I'm missing something, but it looks like you'll have virtually no light resist when you fight Meph (even with
Fade
). Integer absorb on Tgods won't do much for you without resist.
Trade out
Dwarf Star
for
Wisp Projector
? Same as above comment that meph is going to hurt you a lot and if you don't have CTA buff probably one shot you to boot.
OP
okay, you are right.
Wisp Projector
will do the job in my case or still one shot?
did you up your HoZ? when the ubers get down below 10% health crushing blow is going to be negligible damage and it's all on your
Smite
damage and open wounds. the last sliver of health is the hard part. if you get stuck feel free to dm me and i can help if im on

Khegan 376

Switch Black out for a
Shael
'd
Wizardspike
. You have more than enough CB with the rest of your setup. Light resist problem solved with a 6 frame
Smite
. Done.

Edit: Throw an
Guillaume's Face
for good measure.
OP
worstd2playerever thanks, i will add you and dm when stuck, appreciate that :D my HoZ is not upped
Khegan thats nice idea, i have
Wizardspike
. Will need to burn
Larzuk
to socket :)
Heaven's Light
with 2
Shael
is a good alternative weapon option too. Socket Guillaume with 15ed+ light resist jewel. Take many small charms or grand charms with light resist.
With
Fade
you should aim for about 320 light resists (320 -100 Hell penalty -125
Conviction
= 95).
Eventually trade highlord for mara...

If you dont have Call To Arms, rememebr to use a
Life Tap
Wand
on switch otherwise you wont make it if you have to wait for the gloves to proc. As said before, upgrade the Hoz for
Smite
damage.

Schnorki 3175Moderator

PC
Sounds like the responses already had you covered.

If your spec doesn't include any
Salvation
or meph-beating
Conviction
, res against him will be your main problem.
Other than that though, you should be more than fine with that gear, even as "only a hybrid".

If for some reason you do get stuck, I'll be on for the next few hours most likely. Feel free to reach out and I can jump in to help (free of
Charge
of course).

Good luck.
OP
Ok, so what would be better? Wizzy+
Shael
or Heavens light with two shaels?
I dont have CTA so will bring lifetap
Wand
and as i see have to also socket Guillame.
Schnorki, thanks for help offer (i wont beat ubers today but will add you in case for future run :))

Schnorki 3175Moderator

PC
Wizzy. Heaven's doesn't solve your res problem.

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
Verdungos >
String of Ears
since life leech doesn’t work with
Smite
and you would benefit from the +vitality. Duress is a relatively cheap armor that would help with resist, open wound and crushing blow. I’m happy to help if needed.
zZorceressTraderz wrote: 2 years ago
Verdungos >
String of Ears
since life leech doesn’t work with
Smite
and you would benefit from the +vitality. Duress is a relatively cheap armor that would help with resist, open wound and crushing blow. I’m happy to help if needed.
Duress is definitely the move. I normally use Duress and decided to test a Fortitude build instead (kicksin), Fortitude wrecks the PVM aspect of things, but when it comes to ubers the Duress does a much better job.
I did ubers with less when i started. I would recommend actually a 4 socket shield with P diamonds. just make sure its of elite variety. i believe the one i used was a 4 socket
Zakarum Shield
. it gave me 90+ resistance. just make sure you have some charms in enventory as well to balance your FHR health and resists and youll do fine

Online mostly between the hours of 7pm to 12am EST ( US)

Schnorki 3175Moderator

PC
You don't need an elite shield to uber. Given, it helps, obviously, but
Holy Shield
takes care of the min.
Smite
damage needs.

Hell, my first few torch runs were done with a normal shield (yup, not even exceptional) because I just couldn't find any other pally shield with res. :)
I think meph lowers your resistances by something close to 120 points. This means that the max Res bonuses on your
Guardian Angel
won't be of much help. Stack your inventory with lightning Res charms to get high resistance even when under his aura.

Schnorki 3175Moderator

PC
Miroslav wrote: 2 years ago
I think meph lowers your resistances by something close to 120 points. This means that the max Res bonuses on your
Guardian Angel
won't be of much help. Stack your inventory with lightning Res charms to get high resistance even when under his aura.
-125, to be exact
OP
Okay, so i have to prepare more, according to your advices. Will have to look for Duress base (have runes for it as i see). And level up another char for
Larzuk
quests to socket Guillame and Wizzyspike. So it will take some more time to wait to visit
Tristram
xD
OP
Maybe someone has GFace and Wizzy socketed laying around in their stash? In that case i can buy them and not burn
Larzuk
quest :) or maybe someone can offer quick rush for
Larzuk
quest til NM? :) it would be wonderful

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...