Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
49 replies   4995 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Tey_Rossa wrote: 1 year ago
Add a box that let's you enter your birthday.

On that day, you'll receive one very HR and one high level perfect unique drop or significantly increased odds to drop.

This will never happen, but if they're looking for ideas, I'm putting it out there.
"Why do so many players have a birthday the day after the patch release?"

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
Snakecharmed wrote: 1 year ago
Tey_Rossa wrote: 1 year ago
Add a box that let's you enter your birthday.

On that day, you'll receive one very HR and one high level perfect unique drop or significantly increased odds to drop.

This will never happen, but if they're looking for ideas, I'm putting it out there.
"Why do so many players have a birthday the day after the patch release?"
Look, some things just can't be explained ;)
- show item level
-
Terror
zones changed to
Terror
acts + cow level, daily change, 6 day circle

Image...ladder also
if online, contact me via bn chat for fast trade or negotiations after placing reply here.
If u need help with SCNL "Socket" quest, ubers or waypoints, feel free to contact me. Will gladly help.
- more shared stash tabs
- new (useful!) Unique Items (there are still some elites that don't have a unique variant)
- Socketable
Boots
, Gloves and Belts
- personalized loot to stop that damn grabbing competition making ppl in public games ur enemies by default
- challenging questlike content, new areas

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service. No offer lower than
Lem
please.

ShadowHeart 1721Moderator

Europe PC
The update from PezRadar mentioned new RWs but nothing else, so I guess that's what we're getting, no QoL changes or other content changes. Well, unless they surprise us with something more later.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Well, technically it said "big focus" on the runewords which kind of implies there's something else to be tested as well, albeit with a very small comparative focus.

So it is either merely bugfixes or if there is any QoL stuff, it'll be something comparatively simple that doesn't require much community testing (repair button work for
Arrows
, go! ^^).

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
brgljez wrote: 1 year ago
-
Terror
zones changed to
Terror
acts + cow level, daily change, 6 day circle
I rather like the idea of
Terror
acts. At least it'd remove the repeated "yay, got an hour to play!...oh nvm, worst zone ever" as there'd always be something for everyone.

Though going one step further, I wouldn't mind that being 2 acts at a time to increase variety. Especially if it were an entire day.

Or better yet, just make terrorized the new post-hell-
Baal
difficulity and have it always be all zones so folks can truly pick and choose literally any zone they enjoy at any time or just play through the entire game repeatedly. Though I highly doubt that'll ever happen (or any changes to that rotation system, other than perhaps merely replacing 1-2 zones with 1-2 others).

There's something about blizz telling you where you should play for the next hour that is just not sitting well with me.
OP

Nate 532

Switch
Well I’m glad I didn’t just use a bunch of my high runes!

I had this idea for a pit hoker who has absolute maxed mf (like 650) and just walks behind a crazy op act 5
Frenzy
merc and horks everything the merc kills, maybe does a few war cries along the way to help… I experimented with what I had before making him a big
Eth
fort and rolling an Oath like 5 times (probably should have been Grief/Last Wish, or dual Grief), but I wasn’t impressed enough.

Anyways back to the point
Battle Cry
needs something more to be useful: increased radius, reducing speed, or maybe even reducing physical resistance would be nice
I just gave up any other thing, just want then to fix IG despawn issue and make act 5 mercs use axes/double axes. That's it.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
Well I’m glad I didn’t just use a bunch of my high runes!

I had this idea for a pit hoker who has absolute maxed mf (like 650) and just walks behind a crazy op act 5
Frenzy
merc and horks everything the merc kills, maybe does a few war cries along the way to help… I experimented with what I had before making him a big
Eth
fort and rolling an Oath like 5 times (probably should have been Grief/Last Wish, or dual Grief), but I wasn’t impressed enough.

Anyways back to the point
Battle Cry
needs something more to be useful: increased radius, reducing speed, or maybe even reducing physical resistance would be nice
You can actually fairly easily push a setup like that to >900 MF, not even counting what the merc adds in on his kills.
That's with a solid allrounder support setup mind you. >1050 MF if you really wanna go all out, with the merc then pushing it to just over 1.2k.

In my experience, it does work significantly better with an A2 merc simply because A5
Frenzy
hit chance still seems bugged AF (positive side effect: that also makes it infinitely cheaper). The true downside is that you can't use reaper's in that setup as it will cost you corpses to hork along the way. As a result, a phys immune Ismael becomes too annoying to deal with and costs you too much time in your trav runs. If not for that..so if sunders actually worked for mercs (yup, that would be enough) or if A5 hit rate wasn't so damn broken (because they can better gear around that problem than A2), the setup would actually be quite solid, at least for a trav horker.

Though personally, if/when going that route, I prefer to drop MF a bit (to just under 750), to really buff the hell out of my merc and to just suck up the fact that certain setups cost you the occasional corpse. The kill speed and fun factor go up enough to make up for that imo.

Battle Cry
is actually pretty great as is in terms of it being something to make up for lack of AR. You just don't see it because A5 mercs are so broken in that regard either way.

Side note:
More likely than not, you can still just blow your runes as new stuff would have to be made on ladder, meaning your current runes do you no good. Unless of course you intend to trade for it with them.
OP

Nate 532

Switch
Good points, yea I’m offline single player, which they usually allow the new ladder runes words on too.

Yea I found the
War Cry
/
Battle Cry
combo works pretty well,
War Cry
stuns them and
Battle Cry
reduces the armour so my merc then just frenzies between each killing them. I found a 12ed superior ethresher so maybe I’ll try Obedience in that

And for basicnecromancy: I’m fairly sure they fixed the
Iron Golem
despawn bug, I haven’t had one despawn since 2.5 came out
I still really want them to prioritize QoL and get some loot filter action going or stackable runes/gems etc.

I don't find it controversial at all but perhaps you guys have different opinions.
- Currency stash tab with stackable currency or at least changing the current 1 personal 3 shared stash tabs to 2 personal 2 shared
- repeatable socket and imbue quests by using either the
Standard of Heroes
or adding a small bounty system to reset the quests
- buff timer on screen (stuff like
Holy Shield
duration,
Battle Orders
duration etc.)
- unique keys/
Bolts
/
Arrows
/tomes with replenishing quantity
- more character slots
- increased buff skill duration at lower skill levels
- p8 online
- grail function in the game
- cross platform play
I'm convinced at this point that none of that will ever happen because that would require:
  • Reverse engineering
  • Talented developers
  • Vision
  • QA testing
  • Members of the product team who actually play the damn game
So anyway, here's some runewords.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
OP

Nate 532

Switch
Yea I guess I should have titles this threat “requested patch 2.7 updates”
Would love for added incentive to get Lvl 99. Maybe a higher lvl 99 Tzone for maxed out chars? Always looking for more challenge to test out endgame builds.

Also maybe:

2 x "Half Freeze Duration" = Cannot Be Frozen
And finally add a use for
Standard of Heroes
(how many times must we ask for this?)

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
OP

Nate 532

Switch
Any updates from the ptr on other changes than just the runewords? I keep seeing if the patch notes are out but can’t find anything

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Nope.

Loosely translated: "We made these half-assed runewords that noone in our company ever looked at or tested in any way so you go ahead and do that for us while we keep other changes a secret (because we didn't actually think of any so now we're rushing random crap in again)..but don't worry, those will also not have been looked at or tested by anyone here so you can still do our bug-finding for us once we push it to live and break everything again".
OP

Nate 532

Switch
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Nope.

Loosely translated: "We made these half-assed runewords that noone in our company ever looked at or tested in any way so you go ahead and do that for us while we keep other changes a secret (because we didn't actually think of any so now we're rushing random crap in again)..but don't worry, those will also not have been looked at or tested by anyone here so you can still do our bug-finding for us once we push it to live and break everything again".
While there is truth in what you say, sounds like you may need a bit of a break. Remember yoda: anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Neither angry nor suffering (even I don't care enough for that ;)).
Merely being realistic.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...